Dyno'd The Goat - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dyno'd The Goat
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:52 AM

the car is not broken in yet (713mi at time of dyno) people on www.ls2gto.com have dyno'd before broken in and after broken in yielding about a 15hp and 10-15tq increase. we'll see when i go back in about a month.

Re: Dyno'd The Goat
Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:03 AM
Yeah when you go back those numbers will definitely change. Is your LS2 stock or have you made any mods? My first is going to be a full Borla Exhaust system, I love the sound!

So where's the dyno vid paco!

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:07 AM
Stock all the way. I have the video and Im working on getting it to the computer (I'm missing a driver, not my camera). It also needs to be edited and hosted. If somebody wants to help me out with a host or show me a website, hook it up . Btw, the car was hella loud on the dyno.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:31 PM
how come the date says its april?

-Borsty
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:32 PM
I never rely on dynos for power as a "end all discussion. " I use it just to give me an (idea) at where I am at.
That number at the wheels is about 370-380HPish at the crank. Ya it is not broken in yet. But I know that engine is rated right what GM says. 400HP.

Yesterday I had some fun at a road course with it.
Talk about having fun with RWD! Steering with the rear wheels is sh!t. Car felt wee bit heavy on the cones, but it is a nice compromise with sport and luxury ride and handling.

I will always say, the ONLY thing that is blah, is how tall the shifter is and once engaged its rubbery short-shifter could cure that. Other wise it shifts smooth and easy unlike the C5 and F-bodies.

Keep us updated!!!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:32 PM
wait nm they must do a day, month, year date config.

-Borsty
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:43 PM
You can send it to me and I'll gladly Edit it for you! I'd say a day or two turn around time :/

AIM-bballjamal
E-mail= bballjamal@aol.com

I've done about 4-5 JBO vids so far and all are pretty nice so send away so I have another under my belt! Also tell me what music and what not to incorporate in, *if it even NEEDS music haha! alright later man

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:47 PM
^^^ good deal, soon as i get it on my computer i'll email you. Thanx!

Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:55 PM
wow 82 HP diff from not being broken in, and crank to wheel, holy balls

paco..is your auto or manual?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:14 PM
335 at the wheels is a 16.5% loss at the wheels, normal for a RWD car.

-Borsty
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:28 PM
GIZMO wrote:wow 82 HP diff from not being broken in, and crank to wheel, holy balls

paco..is your auto or manual?

M6

there is plenty of room for improvement with a tuning session. the computer was running the car really rich.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:54 PM
thta just dosn't seem right thats alot of drivtrain loss. stock a 240 is 140 at the fly and they dyno about 115-120 at the wheels and its rwd.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:56 PM
thta just dosn't seem right thats alot of drivtrain loss. stock a 240 is 140 at the fly and they dyno about 115-120 at the wheels and its rwd. i would be puttin 60hp to the wheels if i lost that much power and would get beat by everything on the road. let it break in and see what happens.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:00 PM
^^^ wtf
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:12 PM
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:thta just dosn't seem right thats alot of drivtrain loss. stock a 240 is 140 at the fly and they dyno about 115-120 at the wheels and its rwd. i would be puttin 60hp to the wheels if i lost that much power and would get beat by everything on the road. let it break in and see what happens.

it goes by a percentage 15% would be about 20 hp at 140hp so thus u get 120-115 ish.

-Borsty
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:38 AM
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:thta just dosn't seem right thats alot of drivtrain loss. stock a 240 is 140 at the fly and they dyno about 115-120 at the wheels and its rwd. i would be puttin 60hp to the wheels if i lost that much power and would get beat by everything on the road. let it break in and see what happens.

Also, the car is not broken in yet. I'll repost the dyno sheets in about a month comparing the two. I'll probably also get it tuned that same day as well.

There is a myth floating around that the stock PCM holds back timing until a certain mileage is obtained. Also, the car is running hella rich. In the beginning the car was around 12.1 after 4000 the car was hitting 10s. Although a myth, there is some supporting evidence.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:47 AM
THE 6 SPEED MANUALS GTO'S RULE

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:14 AM
If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living? You seem to be pretty on top of @!#$. Anyways, good luck in whatever you do.

2006 Cobalt SS I/H/E ZZP S2 HPT 2.8/60's Etc...13.8@105(I need to learn how to launch)
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:54 PM
Going to do any exterior mods to it?

Sunday, March 06, 2005 3:02 PM
Chris Dixon wrote:If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living? You seem to be pretty on top of @!#$. Anyways, good luck in whatever you do.

Engineer I @ Siemens Automotive

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search