Seen a factory turbo TA...help? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Seen a factory turbo TA...help?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:59 PM
Evil Monkey(cavrs97) wrote:you also left out the part where it was one of the only pace cars for the indy 500 that didnt need any drivetrain modification

that was in my first post. the longer part, and i did already know that.

-Borsty

Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:04 PM
yes, it was white with tan interior...i didn't catch if it had t-tops, I was more amazed of what it was, cuz I remembered readin somewhere that the TTA was the fastest TA ever produced.....up until the LS1 got dropped in right?

Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:57 PM
DropTopPaul wrote:yes, it was white with tan interior...i didn't catch if it had t-tops, I was more amazed of what it was, cuz I remembered readin somewhere that the TTA was the fastest TA ever produced.....up until the LS1 got dropped in right?

i believe the LT1 when matched with a t-56 transmission was faster. but its also very easy to get crazy power out of a LC2

-Borsty
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:03 AM
Borsty i think that guy a way back was referring to the old 2nd gen 8.1 V-8 Turbo Trans Am they produced in the early 80's before your bodystyle. i know a neighbor of mine had a 1981 turbo trans am....and the same car was in Smokey & the bandit "2" if not the actuall 1981 TTA it was that b Smokey & the Bandit 2nd gen body style. so there was another TTA but it was a total dog.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:15 AM
JAMMIT wrote:Borsty i think that guy a way back was referring to the old 2nd gen 8.1 V-8 Turbo Trans Am they produced in the early 80's before your bodystyle. i know a neighbor of mine had a 1981 turbo trans am....and the same car was in Smokey & the bandit "2" if not the actuall 1981 TTA it was that b Smokey & the Bandit 2nd gen body style. so there was another TTA but it was a total dog.

yea i kno, it was 8.1 liters thou it was a 301ci or 4.9 liters.

-Borsty
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:49 PM
I am talking about, like drop top said, the fastest trans am prior to the ls1.
If memory serves, the pace car '89, had a 3.8 turbo, an auto trans, and was capable of not only the13's, but top speeds in excess of 150mph, and this IS a factory car.
They are also very rare, and likewise, very valueable, like their GNX cousins.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:58 PM
For Borsty, I neglected to read your earlier post about what I just said, but it was pretty right on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search