motorcycle questions - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motorcycle questions
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:16 AM
im interested in buying a motorcycle.. well a crotchrocket. ive never rode a motorcycle and just want it to ride in the neighborhood. something to go to and from my friends house. not planing on going too fast or doing anything stupid. just something that looks nice and has some pep to it.

questions are how much would a good bike cost and how much would insurance be?

here comes the boost!

Re: motorcycle questions
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:57 AM
i'd say get a 500 or 600-you'll probably be disappointed if you get a 250, but since you have never ridden before i'm not totally sure. It also depends on the financial situation--a 250 would be cheaper.

The first "crotch-rocket" I rode was a 600, but I have ridden dirtbikes and ATV's since I was younger.

As far as insurance goes, It all depends on company and all the other insurance variables, but it should be somewhat of a good bit cheaper (if that makes sense) than car insurance.

Re: motorcycle questions
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:21 PM
Okay, If you want to get a crotch rocket I would recomend that you get a 600 cc bike. A nice beginner bike is the Suzuki sv-650, its a 650cc v-twin. If you really want a super-sport bike, there is a few to choose from including the yamaha R-6, the Suzuki GSX-R 600, the Honda CBR f4i 600, and the Kawasaki ZX 6-R. All of those are great bikes and you can pick a used one up for around 6k and a new one for about 9k.

Here is the catch, I checked your profile and it says you are turning 21 in a couple of months. Your insurance (even with a good record) is going to be really high. If you can pay cash for the bike then it shouldn't be too bad 'cause you won't have to have full coverage. But if you take a loan out and you need full coverage, expect to pay about 150-190 a month depending on what bike you decide on. Right now Im 22 and I have a GSX-R 750 with a loan on it, my insurance is 156 a month, thats with a perfect driving record and 30/60 liability coverage with 500 dollar deductibles on comp and collision. So Insurance is more then the payment for the bike. Well thats it for me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search