The Cavaliers Replacement For Me - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Cavaliers Replacement For Me
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:10 PM
so from my totalled out 03 cavi i had to get a replacement..

tonight i picked up a 2003 Hyundai Tiburion GT auto/triptronic tranny and aftermarket exhaust and AEM CAI on it its black with black leather interior

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO

Re: The Cavaliers Replacement For Me
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:42 PM
Cool how does it compare to the cavy? Ride? Comfort? Speed Handling? Why not manual?

My car is much faster that yours :p
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:46 PM
Tiburon* lol had to catch my own spelling mistake..

didnt get a manual because they did not have one only had this one.. plus it will be better for the supercharger they make for it.. comfort? far better then my cavy ya im going to miss my cavy alot it will always have a spot with me but ive had bad luck with them decided to try something new..

comfort ya its alot better the factory race seats really hug you and are comfortable..

ride its nice its a stiff ride but you dont notice bumps really also in corners theres no body roll at all really or none i can feel steering on it is tight and responsive.

speed ive only had it upto 80 it took corners on the highway nice though really responsive steering as i said above and no body roll ive got to get use to it before ill do corners faster.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:50 PM
Thats cool man post pics, how far performance wise are you planning for the car? Going for a certain fwhp?

My car is much faster that yours :p
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:00 AM
ya ill get pics in a week or so tommorow i start my 10 hour shifts back at work so have 4 10 hour days and 1 8 hour day so next tuesday ill get her washed and snap some pics. performance wise? lol whatever there is for it im still researching i know theres alot for it.. from what it sounds like is that it has a straight through exhaust i need to check i know its aftermarket. um as of right now just the crap that came on it when i got it AEM CAI and the aftermarket exhaust. other then that im looking into getting the supercharger for it

AZ-JBO
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:22 AM
nice

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:56 AM
tiptronic sales gimmick , the cars actually faster if its left in drive. i'm i'm right its the same engine and trans thats in the santa fe.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:51 AM
cool.

-Borsty
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:54 AM
cool, good choice. But please use punctuation, that was really hard to read.

-kyle

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:48 AM
sorry it was late and i was half asleep after spending 5 hours at car dealers.

AZ-JBO
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:21 PM
Good choice, but damn......post some pics!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:56 PM
last time I was at the track I ran a kid with that car with the Jackson S/C (I believe it was Jackson) he was running about 9.3-9.5 on the 8th. I wasnt sure about his driving skills though because I beat him on the first pass because he said he shifted into 3rd off the line, something about the close gears on the 6th speed. I really like the car though.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:59 PM
actually ive seen them run in the 1/4 out here with the supercharger they sound sweet as hell.. anyways the auto tibby was running i believe a mid to low 13 in the 1/4 and the 6 speed was running a 14.1 in the 1/4 with a slipping clutch.. also the auto had his boost at 13psi.

the car is fun though im still use to my cav when you go into a corner you catch some body roll this thing doesnt have any body roll in corners and the steering isnt loose its tight and responsive. also the seats are nice they hug you in place

AZ-JBO
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:20 AM
actually scott the auto was pretty much low 13's all night

the 6spd was low 15's , once he let stuff cool down , he did manage a few close to mid 14 sec passes

both had the alpine s/c kits

the 6spd had a header back exhaust , the auto just had a cat back

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:56 AM
Sounds like whoever was driving can't shift.
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:07 PM
bad clutch , and he had to limp the car off the line

Friday, March 11, 2005 12:21 PM
i LOVE the new tibbys

congrats!!!

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Friday, March 11, 2005 1:26 PM
Nice choice!

96 2.2 5speed
***SOLD***
Been OwNEd by a 2.2 lately?
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:11 PM
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:tiptronic sales gimmick , the cars actually faster if its left in drive. i'm i'm right its the same engine and trans thats in the santa fe.

Not true, when left in drive the car doesn't get the full use of its powerband because it shifts a few 100 rpms before it really needs/has to.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:46 PM
^but i think most people would stay too long in a gear or two.

-Borsty
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:51 PM
Borsty wrote:^but i think most people would stay too long in a gear or two.

not really if you are use to driving a stick you know when to shift and just know by the sound of the motor

AZ-JBO

Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:18 AM
yea but some people think staying in a gear longer then you should is better.

-Borsty
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:51 AM
nice man! cant wait for some pictures.

-Adam

Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:06 AM
Borsty wrote:yea but some people think staying in a gear longer then you should is better.

ok my eco cav i drove like it was a damn indy car after the accident the motor was gone over and was found to be in perfect shape.. thats pretty much 33k miles of almost redline shifting.. just because an automatic shifts sooner then it actually shouldnt doesnt mean its bad to keep the car itself in gear longer by manually shifting.

AZ-JBO
Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:30 PM
2KCAV wrote:cool, good choice. But please use punctuation, that was really hard to read.

-kyle

no kidding, god i felt like i was reading something a 3rd grader wrote
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search