Subaru Legacy GT questions - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Subaru Legacy GT questions
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:02 PM
i was thinking that sometime over the summer or maybe fall about getting an AWD car cuz im sick of fwd when winter comes around. I really like the Legacy's and was wondering if people could give me good buying tips on them, like what to look for etc. Also, if there are any other good awd cars that you would recommend, that would be great too.

Re: Subaru Legacy GT questions
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:03 PM
oh also, if you know if they are good on insurance that would help tons too, thanks

Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:03 PM
You are probably better off getting a WRX. You can get an 05 for 21 to 24,000. The Legacy GT 2.5 is around 26-29,000. Dont get me wrong I love the Legacy. Its just more of a luxery car then sports car like the Rex. I have an 04 WRX by the way.

Kevin
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:10 PM
i would be getting it used, like a 98 or so, definitely not new
i would just want a nice car that had awd in it
i know where you are coming from, but im pretty sure the wrx would be more on insurance as well
i just want a pretty nice awd vehicle for winter purposes so i can save money and get what i really want maybe next year or something

Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:27 PM
Any used subaru with decent miles would be a good option.

Whe you said legacy GT I automatically assumed the 04-05 turbo model which is pimp.

BUT yeah, look at used subaru's. Even an older beater will be great for just commuting int he snow. Nothing abnormal to look for, just regular service, new tires, the usual.

Happy hunting

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:44 PM
I know that www.legacygt.com is mostly about the new 2005 Legacy, but there are lots of guys and gals there that are very helpful and knowledgeable about Subaru's in general.

My Geocities Site
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:53 AM
go for a older(pre 02 or whenever they started the "bug eyes") impreza 2.5rs. very awsome cars, and if you check ebaymotors, you can get them cheap. there was one 56k miles and going for $3000.

if not, im sure you can find a good legacy gt. theyre all sweet cars.

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04.
CarDomain
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:55 AM
get a 98-2001 2 door 2.5 rs. i personally think they look better than the wrx then boost it , or just do the wrx swap.
Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:44 AM
themarin8r wrote:i would be getting it used, like a 98 or so, definitely not new
i would just want a nice car that had awd in it
i know where you are coming from, but im pretty sure the wrx would be more on insurance as well
i just want a pretty nice awd vehicle for winter purposes so i can save money and get what i really want maybe next year or something

I love how you say this and people start talking about engine swaps and the what not. Anywho, have you considered an Audi A4? Those things are NICE, and you can find a 99 for about 13-14K. I dont know if thats above your budget or what. I drove one in a Huge Winter Storm this year, there were people in ditches on regular streets, that car never skidded or pulled once. My cav would have been in a ditch for sure. you can find older ones, like 96-97 for 10K or under as well

Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:49 AM
i love the late 90 audi's, however that would be more than i would want to spend. i was looking to spend 8-9k at the most

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search