PIC: LS1 Camaro SS getting some Air - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PIC: LS1 Camaro SS getting some Air
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:17 PM
Apparently it was 'stock' at the time... just a set of SFC's and Slicks.

Badass.

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.

Re: PIC: LS1 Camaro SS getting some Air
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:34 PM
i doubt its stock he probably has a built rearend and a stall converter possably line locks unless he just got lucky and hooked up really well but then the stock 10 bolt wont hold up to much of that...

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:33 PM
my uncles camaro was stock also...a stock 502 that is
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:17 PM
i think he meant engine was stock...

Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:13 PM
stock auto ls1s with slicks can lift the wheels.

-Borsty
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:58 PM
sex

96 2.2 5speed
***SOLD***
Been OwNEd by a 2.2 lately?
Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:03 PM
Roscoe wrote:i think he meant engine was stock...

Probably.

Hey, thats 'stock' in my books.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:19 PM
Borsty wrote:stock auto ls1s with slicks can lift the wheels.

dude no they cant my friend has an orange 99 auto z28 and runs a 12.7, he still cant get the car to left up on two wheels

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:23 PM
I've seen it with my own eyes.

They can do it no problem.

Off the showroom floor... few suspension mods in your garage... and the SAME DAY you're getting air.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:56 PM
and fatty tires of course

/:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::/:::J-BODY FEVER II VIDEO:::/
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:13 AM
and a built trans with a gnarly stall and shift kit. stock no F'in way

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:14 AM
and then kiss your rear end goodbye
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:23 AM
yeah the stock 10 bolt in those was weak when it was first made and put in the vega's in the early to mid 70's

even with the larger ring gear , and alot of work to the rear end it self , it mighta worked once or twice , but the rear end would spit chunks all over shortly after

nice pic though

Monday, March 14, 2005 1:38 PM
Blackout wrote:
Borsty wrote:stock auto ls1s with slicks can lift the wheels.

dude no they cant my friend has an orange 99 auto z28 and runs a 12.7, he still cant get the car to left up on two wheels

then your friend sucks, cause its possible.

-Borsty
Monday, March 14, 2005 3:10 PM
for some reason i find this hard to believe....stock get some air?.... maybe if u could hook yer stock tires....MAYBE

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:32 PM
as i recall, there were alot of old nova's that would wheelstand stock too..

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:41 PM
Man I can't wait to go back to MIR this spring and get some runs in..............
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:53 PM
I could see that thing being stock....

one of my friends had a built stroker motor LS1 on direct port nitrous, alot of it, when the motor was finished and the built trans and rear end were installed and everythign was broken in we put the slicks on it and took it out for the first ride..... long story short the car got totalled, the front right wheel came up about an inch or so (there were to people outside the car videotaping and me in the car video taping while he drove) and the front left was a good 3 feet in the air, the car just twisted up like pretzle, passenger door didn't open, cracked a windshile and a t-top, the piant spiderweb cracked, the car didn't come close to sitting level on flat ground, the car was completely @!#$, the torque just destroyed it.

so what I'm getitng at is judging by how little twist in the body there is its either a built drag car with all kinds of frame surport ect.. or its near stock on slicks without enough power to twist up the ubibody

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:56 PM
I have a guy with a modded 6spd at the track running 12 flat in the 1-teens (black, looks the same) with slicks and skinnies and he is not pulling the wheels off the ground. It is not stock and furthermore would not be possible stock. Post this on Camaroz28.com and see what answer you get. That vehicles looks to be a low 11 second ride at least.
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:56 PM
Darkstars wrote:I could see that thing being stock....

one of my friends had a built stroker motor LS1 on direct port nitrous, alot of it, when the motor was finished and the built trans and rear end were installed and everythign was broken in we put the slicks on it and took it out for the first ride..... long story short the car got totalled, the front right wheel came up about an inch or so (there were to people outside the car videotaping and me in the car video taping while he drove) and the front left was a good 3 feet in the air, the car just twisted up like pretzle, passenger door didn't open, cracked a windshile and a t-top, the piant spiderweb cracked, the car didn't come close to sitting level on flat ground, the car was completely @!#$, the torque just destroyed it.

so what I'm getitng at is judging by how little twist in the body there is its either a built drag car with all kinds of frame surport ect.. or its near stock on slicks without enough power to twist up the ubibody

did he have SFC dark*s? those help alto with twist of the frame/unibody.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:55 AM
wtf are SFC's? obviously I know what slicks are lol. It'd take a REALLY good hookup...but I could see it happening.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:02 AM
I am sure everyone will be like BS.......but (not being mean or anything) I really don't care.......But I have seen a stock LS1 do it as well and a few years back I think in 01 or 2000 there was a article in car and driver with a blue stock SS getting some air....not as much as the pic poseted here but there was some air and the article talked about that........reason I know about the article is I own 2 camaros one being an 02 ss and just have a lot of intrest in them.........

just making conversation.........thought it was super kool as well
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:38 AM
scott9050 wrote:I have a guy with a modded 6spd at the track running 12 flat in the 1-teens (black, looks the same) with slicks and skinnies and he is not pulling the wheels off the ground. It is not stock and furthermore would not be possible stock. Post this on Camaroz28.com and see what answer you get. That vehicles looks to be a low 11 second ride at least.

whats ur elevation. that could effect it too. if yoru high elevation come down to sea level and your gettign alot more torque

/:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::/:::J-BODY FEVER II VIDEO:::/
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:39 AM
sfc = sub fram connector

im willing to bet on the motor is stock

the trans , rear end , front and rear suspension are not stock

there has been a few write ups in gm high performance mag with cars doing that , with the internals of the motor stock , and the rest all modified

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:24 PM
no the camaro was @!#$ so he bought a brand new ram air and swapped all the @!#$ into there and then added all the sub frame braces and ectra surport all over the place

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search