I fell back in love with honda - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I fell back in love with honda
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:39 PM
Ok, first off, i like any car that looks good and goes fast, but i also love my Cav eventhough there's plenty of cars that run me down. A friend of mine bought an 03 Acura RSX (non-Type S) early in January, with an AEM intake, Magnaflow exhaust, and Eibach springs (original shocks/struts) . Well i had about a 30 minute test drive and i loved every minute of it. Over bumps on the highway it's alot softer than my car (H&R springs, factory shocks) and it pulled alot harder than my car downshifting from 5th to 3rd at about 65ish. Well anyway, i'm plannin on trading in the cav for a prelude vtec or integra gs-r, since the newer honda/acura's are out of my price range. I'm not dissing the J-body in any way, shape or form. I'll always love chevy's but i just felt like sharing this with anyone who was willing to read it

Re: I fell back in love with honda
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:50 PM
Turbocharge it.

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Monday, March 14, 2005 2:08 PM
eh.

-Borsty
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:45 PM
dumbass
but w/e floats your boat

Monday, March 14, 2005 11:56 PM
of course it pulls harder then your cav.. you have a 2200 thats what hmm a 45HP difference between his car and your car. go drive a eco or z24

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:38 AM
You should drive the RSX-S.... Those are sweet... 200hp with a 6 speed.... I test drove a used one so I didn't feel bad about getting to that 8000rpm redline

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:52 AM
sappyL61 wrote:dumbass
but w/e floats your boat

He's a dumbass for switching over to a Honda?

Stock for stock, my 2.2 will kick your 2.2s A$$!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:08 AM
Ya dude. We already know Honda makes some good products.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:57 AM
I agree, you think thats quick...go test drive a Z/LS Sport, or an RSX-S, any one of those will surprise you I think.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:44 AM
welcome back,
haha just kiddin.
if u like torque i would say go with a j but if u like nutty top end go with honda.
its all preference, but the new rsx-s have everything in one package. especially with intake RACE header and exhaust which gives u 35+ whp

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:50 AM
i cant wait till all the rsx-s's get owned by cobolts

but like i said whatever floats your boat.

reason i say dumbass
at the track the fastest si was running a 15.8 all day

there was only one honda faster running 15.3

the rsx-s running mid-low 14's

only one even worth considering was the rsx-s
which if you havent noticed there are alot of used ones for sale

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:29 AM
sappyL61 wrote:i cant wait till all the rsx-s's get owned by cobolts

That may be, but I will still have more respect for the RSX-S since they can get 200hp out of a 2.0L engine NA, but GM chooses to supercharge their engine just to bring it up to 205hp.

And there may be a lot of used RSX's for sale, but I guarantee they will hold their value bettter than any Cobalt...

Now I'm not trying to be a Honda nut swinger here (I don't even own one that runs), but I just think that the Cobalt SS is a big sinking pile of ripoff, and I have been saying that on here for months now.

I just don't think I could ever pay $25,000+ for a GM sport compact that will be worth about $10,000 after owning it for a year.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:32 AM
I'd take an RSX-S over a Cobalt SS anyday of the week...

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:36 AM
I rode in a honda hatch w a built non vtec motor pushing 18psi through a 60 trim, mmmmm

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:46 AM
Like he said they're out of his price range, therefore he wants to get a lude or a gs-r, so what if he wants a honda, it doesnt make him a dumbass.

How the hell would you know if the Cobalt would own an RSX-S? 205HP and 200lbs/tq SCed 2991lbs SS taken from Chevrolet vs. 210HP and 143lbs/tq 2,809lbs N/A RSX-S. Reviews show the Cobalt SS running anywhere from 14.7 to 15.0 from 94-96mph and a 0-60 of 6.3-6.8, these are similar times to the RSX-S.

The RSX-S run similar times and its N/A! I wouldnt use your term "own" more of a drivers race.

IMO I hate that damn wing on the SS, but of course most of you guys love it, but if it was on a Honda or any other Import you'd be all over accusing RICE! Before anyone starts telling me to get off the board and I dont belong here, don't get me wrong I have respect for your cars and anything else that is quick, what I don't like are ignorant a-holes misconstruing the facts of things. Its funny how most guys here bitch and moan about how I'm an a$$hole but when one of your own shows ignorance you accept it. Im not saying all of you just few the bad apples in the community.

Anyway have a nice day

/rant and magazine racing

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:12 AM
MK3Legend wrote:Like he said they're out of his price range, therefore he wants to get a lude or a gs-r, so what if he wants a honda, it doesnt make him a dumbass.

How the hell would you know if the Cobalt would own an RSX-S? 205HP and 200lbs/tq SCed 2991lbs SS taken from Chevrolet vs. 210HP and 143lbs/tq 2,809lbs N/A RSX-S. Reviews show the Cobalt SS running anywhere from 14.7 to 15.0 from 94-96mph and a 0-60 of 6.3-6.8, these are similar times to the RSX-S.

The RSX-S run similar times and its N/A! I wouldnt use your term "own" more of a drivers race.

I Agree 100% drivers race.

BUT, Just cuz GM uses the supercharger and honda used N/A is nothing to throw up. Ur comparing a honda with SUPER HIGH compression (11.5:1 i do believe) to a low compression ecotec. if u took the charger away from the cobalt it would prob move like a 3 cylinder geo storm. Its pretty much an even comparison. Both engines are extremely strong and love to rev.

i to hate the damn wing on the cobalt... hell i hate the whole damn car. To me its ugly as sin (i do think the interior looks decent though from pics). I would take an RSXtype S over one ANYDAY, besides the new ones are 220 horsepower.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:26 AM
Actually I kinda like how the Cobalt looks, its decent, like a Chevy version of the newer Civics heh... I'd even take one over a newer Civic. 145Hp Cobalt vs the Civics 1XX whatever it has, at least the Cobalts has a little kick to it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:05 PM
wanna know why he is back to honda's

this is why
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5133052&an=0&page=0

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:37 PM
i like the ludes.. the ludes are hot. i looked at a couple before i bought my tibby

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:38 PM
delslo9 wrote:wanna know why he is back to honda's

this is why
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5133052&an=0&page=0

^) 604WHP @ 26PSI BITCHES

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:22 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:I'd take an RSX-S over a Cobalt SS anyday of the week...

Exactly.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:13 PM
I love teh vtec song.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:11 PM
kinda funny around here the rsx -s is lucky if it runs high 14's

i raced 1 at the track in my g/fs 02 eco 5spd , with just a intake , the tpye s has intake exhaust and header , plus half the int was gone , and it only beat the 15.54 i ran in her cav by .2

i gave it respect , while i was laughing histerically , slow as piece

there are alot of fast hondas out here , but they are like ass-holes everyone and their grandma has them

and ive beatin rsx with my 2.4 auto sedan , allthough not as bad as i beat a scion tc , or benz c320 , LOL

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:09 PM
MMMM more generic.
Yes J's are generic i know.

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search