what do you guys think of an 98 camaro - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you guys think of an 98 camaro
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:45 PM
there is a 98 camaro rs with the 3800 in it with 80k for about 5k, i like it it has all black interior, and the rs body kit. you think they are good cars. and for another 750 i can get a 5 year 100,000miles powertrain warrenty, that covers all motor and trans problems, and drivetrain stuff too. let me know thanks.

Re: what do you guys think of an 98 camaro
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:17 AM
I'd rather have the ls1 IMO. The v6 isn't performance thats for sure, about on par with a z or eco ls. If your using it for a daily driver or such its not a bad car, built better than a J. in which case get the extended warranty if it looks like it tkes care of alot. but if you want a performance car for the same price look in to 94-95 lt1 camaros and skip the warranty cause you'll want to mod it and then youll void the warranty and waste 750 bucks.

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:51 PM
Id say take the deal. Whats the price on it i know you said around 5K. Remember that in 98 is when they changed to the new body. What a lot of people do is make v6 all show and no go. I have a friend that has tons of internals done on her V6 and is going to throw a turbo on it at the end of the season. So they can be sporty. Like he said if its a daily driver and is going to be for a while, get the car and warranty. What rims it have? stock salad shooters? Take it to a local mechanic to get it checked out too. Even though its a V6 it could still be kicked around pretty bad. So check it out and drive it.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:21 PM
u can always swap in a ls1

-Borsty
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:33 PM
lt1's are kick @$$ ... but one thing you have to know about camaros is that if you plan on racing ... you bettter weld some more metal to the frame ... alot of those twist and turn as opposed to the mustang, however the camaro can handle more horsepower non-boosted ... just pure musle. Which I like. Go for the LS1 motor dude ... they have alot of potential

dan

Representing the 810's ... biatch!!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:46 PM
no, no, it's L-S-1, not Lt1 the lt4's are mean mothers too..

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:06 PM
L-S-1 or bust.

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:53 AM
ellis juan
Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:22 AM
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:ellis juan

Good name for a kid to have,

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:31 PM
my prompt at work reads "elle ehss won"

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:50 PM
ls1 are pretty nice id rather have a lt1 with a lt4 conversion tho

Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:48 PM
why if i may ask?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:50 PM
GO V8 OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:29 PM
tommyZ24 wrote:GO V8 OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!

Dumb.

Even though I think they shouldn't have offered anything rather than a V8 in a Camaro, I do think that the 3800's aren't that bad performers. They're actually pretty quick for a V6 and can hold their own. Of course the LS1 is better, that's only obvious, but I also love the stock RS GFX that come on the car.

Not going performance wise, yes they are nice cars. Comfortable interior, good styling, they're pretty reliable, my friend's 3800 has 230,000 on it and still runs pretty strong. Just take care of it and you should be fine.

It sounds like a good deal to me, LS1 is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not the only option people. Plus, like mentioned above, LS1 swaps are plentiful and there's alot of resources out there to get it done the right way.

Friday, March 18, 2005 6:17 AM
Quote:

I do think that the 3800's aren't that bad performers.
yeah becouse tou drive a tbi 305
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:47 AM
...owned
Friday, March 18, 2005 2:03 PM
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:
Quote:

i cant believe your 26. your such a moron, seriously i know smarter 16 year olds then you. at least it sucks to be 26 with a 15 year old piece of crap car, and just a high school degree.

WHEN THE @!#$ DID HE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CAR!!!!!!!! NEVER HAS HE EVER SAID ITS FAST?????!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHIRST!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO THE 240 FORUMS YOU STONED OUT LOSER HOLY @!#$ @!#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

-Borsty
Friday, March 18, 2005 4:02 PM
I can put you in contact with a GIRL with a V6 that will kick the hell out of some V8's Non turbo for now but thats coming at the end of the year. You can put some money into the 3800 and have one mean camaro. I always liked the newer body style. What color is the exterior? BTW if you get it and are going to mod it then forget the warranty. I can put you in touch with some guys that say once you mod a 4th gen fbod you get problems. They will tell you that to keep it stock. And yes V6's can hold their own. A camaro is a camaro. And yes i know my camaro's.

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:04 PM
Borsty wrote:
FOURTWENTY240sx wrote:
Quote:

i cant believe your 26. your such a moron, seriously i know smarter 16 year olds then you. at least it sucks to be 26 with a 15 year old piece of crap car, and just a high school degree.

WHEN THE @!#$ DID HE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CAR!!!!!!!! NEVER HAS HE EVER SAID ITS FAST?????!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHIRST!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO THE 240 FORUMS YOU STONED OUT LOSER HOLY @!#$ @!#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Agree, and on a side note, http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=74756&t=74756

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:41 PM
^^^ LOL
Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:26 AM
borsty is my hero

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unless you're Chuck Norris.
Then two wrongs make a roundhouse kick to the face.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:15 AM
for everyone saying he can always swap in an ls1. all the f-body sites ive ever been to recommend just selling the v6 car and getting a v8 one because the swap is such a PITA its not even close to being worth it.

but if you're looking for a fun, sporty DD then go for the v6.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:40 PM
tmanz24 wrote:borsty is my hero

Borsty is my sex slave

Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:25 PM
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:

Borsty is my sex slave

only on tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and every other sunday.

-Borsty
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:28 PM
Borsty wrote:
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:

Borsty is my sex slave

only on tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and every other sunday.

Don't forget those special nights when the moon is in full eclipse of Jupiter's third hemisphere.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search