HHR and iPOD - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HHR and iPOD
Friday, March 18, 2005 6:56 AM

Music lovers will find it easier to take their favorite tunes on the road thanks to a new family of radios that will debut on the Chevy HHR and other GM vehicles starting later this year.
The new radios include an auxiliary channel and front mounted auxiliary input jack, so that an iPod or other audio source can be easily plugged in and played through the vehicle audio system.
"The Chevy HHR will help launch a new family of radios that will bring iPod connectivity to a broad range of GM vehicles," said Paul Nadeau, director, infotainment displays and controls, for GM Engineering. "We think the ability to easily connect an iPod or other audio source directly into the vehicle audio system will be a big hit with customers."
Radios featuring the new auxiliary input jack will debut starting in late spring. They will be standard equipment on 2006 models of the Chevy HHR, Impala and Monte Carlo; Saturn VUE and ION; Pontiac Solstice; Buick Lucerne; and Cadillac DTS. The radios will be fitted to other new GM models over the next several years.
Auxiliary audio inputs in the console of GM vehicles equipped with DVD players also allow an iPod or other source to be played through the vehicle sound system using a simple adapter cord.
"General Motors has a long tradition of leading with technology that provides real benefits to our customers," said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president, sales, service and marketing. "We are excited to be part of the iPod revolution by offering our customers an easy way to play their favorite music in their GM cars and trucks."

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: HHR and iPOD
Friday, March 18, 2005 7:14 AM
Now if they can just get rid of the UGLY on that car.

www.emor8t.deviantart.com
Friday, March 18, 2005 12:38 PM
sweet

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:00 PM
i don't get it? I've had cheap cars from the early 90's that had an aux jack in front and let you plug in an MP3 player. This is not exactly worth a press release, or am I missing something?
Friday, March 18, 2005 6:45 PM
thats cool

i think its going to be standard and thats something new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search