t-top 240sx - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
t-top 240sx
Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:02 AM
i have a few questions..i was thinking about power sunroof conversion but then while talking to the bodyshop we had this idea of t-toping a 92 240sx..the body shop said they can do it..they said they've done it on irocs back in the day(these guys are old)..lol...well anyways ..my question is

If they use sub-frame connectors and all sorts of reinforcement and do this t-top conversion ..will it dramatically affect the chassis of the vehicule...or simple words are they gonna f#ck anything up? My question is posed not to their work..but i'm saying even if they do the best of work..will this ruin the chassis

Re: t-top 240sx
Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:53 AM
why would you do that to a 240! ... or any car
even a sunroof.?
anytime your roof is being cut that isn't always a good thing. now as far as the t-tops if you plan on driving the car like they are supposed to be driven and not like a grandma then the cars performance will be screwed even with reingforcment...
keep the car how it is.

Sponsored by: Stewart warner performance, Valvoline SynPower, Eagle 1 www.4NCCA.com
Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:10 PM
why do it you ask? why put a 3.8 supercharged in a cavy?answer=cause it's cool and original and nice(at least i think so)..moving on to t-tops..why do you say their bad for the car..don't a whole lotta of powerful camaros have them...this car when finished will be having about 250hp..and my cousin had his iroc to 425..but then again it came t-top from chevy..so on to a more important question...how did chevy or nissan or whoever make their t-top cars..i mean what did they do to a regular hardtop iroc to make it t-top??
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:46 PM
Yes it will significantly change the chassis feel of the car and add weight to it.

Click Sig For Pics
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search