new car :] - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new car :]
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:30 PM
well since i wrecked my 2002 cavy, i went out and bought me a new car its a 91 talon tsi. i was going to get a z24 but since this car is so much faster then teh z24 and it was so close to my house i bought that. heres some pics of it now not to many mods done as of now but as soon as i get some money im going to a complete exhaust system on it from the turbo back., but heres some pics of it hope you enjoy and give me some advice on what you guys think i should do it. thanks, Scott

tell me what you think thanks.

2002 cavy with 5spd ecotec(RIP)
1991 eagle talon tsi awd 5spd(sold)
1999 audi a4 1.8l turbo 5spd
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/779567

Re: new car :]
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:01 PM
Talon's are very cool. Can be made very fast. One thing i will say. I hope u have a daily driver. Those things break down often.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:14 PM
had the same year but it was a gsx.... quick car. but after replacing the computer twice and then the tranny going out i sold it. Good luck.

Hondas Are LIke Tampons...Every Pussy Needs One.
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:36 AM
Nice car, looks exactly like mine except you got rims.

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:06 AM
thanks for the comments so far, it is my daily driver, and im quiet aware of there breakdown problems, im saving up right now for a racing trans and rear end and a transfer case and then im going to rebuild the motor and install a t3/t4 turbo so it well spool up alittle faster then it does now, im getting new rims for it here shortly as well, cant decide on white or black rims, and im in the proccess of building a paint both then im going to paint it, im going to keep the orignal colors on it cause it like the white with the black top. ill keep you guys posted onit when i get somethings done to it in the near future.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:49 PM
i was wondering if anybody else here has a dsm and is going to the dsm meet in northern ohio this year.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:27 PM
if your talking about the DSM Shootout i will be up there,but i don't have a DSM. Someone i know has a talon that has over 500 whp and a evo. He is close with Buscher Racing. I'm not sure if he's gonna be running it or not. I'll make sure i lookout for ya when i'm up there

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:02 PM
yea that what it was i couldnt remember what it was called. i want to see this 500 hp talon and a evo that would be sweet, im not sure if im going to runit up there or not. im going to run at my local track first to see what i can run with just a boost guage and some of the free mods done. if there good and i can get my exhaust then i might runit up there.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:29 AM
The Talon is grey and completely stock looking. Even down to the wheels. The only thing is he has a huge FMIC on it. He has his evo for an everyday driver. Its all about havin fun up here man. Theres usually a lot of us out running the streets. Just about everything well be in town just because of it being a good sized race.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:09 AM
ive owned 2 dsms in the past. they are very fun cars. congrats on finding one in good condition like that.

i'm baaaaack!!
Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:44 PM
thanks, i like it alot, it has its problems but its not that bad. its much faster then myu cavalier i used to have, i raced a mustang gt and made him look really bad, so yea im glad i found this one, its a good place to start so i can build it up. the goal for that car is to put it into the 11's or the low 12's which isnt really that hard to do with these cars, but its my only car rigtht now so i can shoot for anything to make it not to streetable.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:00 PM
does fnf stand for fast n furious
Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:07 PM
i did i had that name for a long time

Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:50 PM
fnfcavalier wrote:thanks, i like it alot, it has its problems but its not that bad. its much faster then myu cavalier i used to have, i raced a mustang gt and made him look really bad, so yea im glad i found this one, its a good place to start so i can build it up. the goal for that car is to put it into the 11's or the low 12's which isnt really that hard to do with these cars, but its my only car rigtht now so i can shoot for anything to make it not to streetable.

THey are very fun!!! If your looking for a nice stop light racer i have a big 16g im looking to get rid of, rebuilt with like 100 miles on it (I went with 20g after that).
Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:56 PM
Dont sweat the people saying they break down alot.

That Gen DSM is the best. They break down for the same reason most all turbo cars have trouble, people abuse them.

I say, keep the mods light until you can upgrade the components that wear with age, and enjoy the hell out of that thing.

P.S. dont go with white wheels.

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:49 PM
thats pretty much my plans is to keep the mods light im only going to do an exhaust and maybe alittle bet bigger turbo maybe a 16g not sure yet, right now it seems to have some lagging issues like it doesnt like to really boost until about 3500rpms and im not sure were exactly were to start to fix that. im thinking its the exhaust or maybe its the intercooler being thats its right in front of the front tire and it is wide open to the elements cause of the pervious owner. ive noticed that it was pushed fairly hard from the people that stop me and think its him. so i know the car was pushed fairly hard but im up for the challenge to make this thing fast as i can. im looking at putting it in the low 12's maybe mid to high 11's and using it as a daily driver just turning the boost way down until i go to race it, not to sure yet.

Quote:

THey are very fun!!! If your looking for a nice stop light racer i have a big 16g im looking to get rid of, rebuilt with like 100 miles on it (I went with 20g after that).

let me know what you want for that, and that should bolt up to the stock manifold right im sure it does but im not positive.

thanks for the comments so far, soon as i get some more work done to it ill post some pics of it.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:21 PM
I have raced 3 of these. They are quick little cars. 2 were stock except for exhaust. The last one I raced was modified....full exhaust, boost controller, BOV, and supposidley a bigger turbo. I lost by 2 cars, so I dont know if he had a new turbo. But these little cars haul a$$.

Monday, March 21, 2005 9:04 AM
i had the exact same thing up here in canada, engine seemed fine had 172 kms on it which is like 120 miles? 115? i dont know and I was on the QEW and the engine blew on me, this thing was maintained out the ass........ fast car, too many f'n problems
Monday, March 21, 2005 1:44 PM
yea there fast cars alright, much faster then my cavy, which is good. i was going to get like a camaro z28 or ss or a firebird, but decided to get a little car and make it as fast if not faster then v8's. seems to be alittle bet more of a challegne., but i like it its a fun car to drive and with it being awd i wont be going throw as many tires cause its really hard to to a burnout.
thanks for all the comments so far, keep them coming.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search