10sec pickup vs eclipse VID - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
10sec pickup vs eclipse VID
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:21 AM
Guy named Parish with a 10 second pickup picks the wrong eclipse to mess with on the street...

right click save as

Parish vs Jeff

Re: 10sec pickup vs eclipse VID
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:45 AM
ehh they were going 130 the truck would have one the 1/4

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:47 AM
Bad ass my boy owns a GSX I am going to get him to see this. lol
Mullet racing got beat.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:02 AM
bet that eclipse was slightly suprised.....

and yeah his truck is...wow yeah i wish i could find his website again

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:03 AM
sappyL61 wrote:ehh they were going 130 the truck would have one the 1/4

so a 10 second car cant hit hover 130 in the 1/4???
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:12 PM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:so a 10 second car cant hit hover 130 in the 1/4???

That's not the point. Just because a car can beat another from a roll doesn't mean it has a chance of winning from a dead dig.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:47 PM
also another point...that truck ran 10.91.....on 75 shot of nitrous and 13psi. No tellin what PSI he was runnin, but his bottle wasn't open. He's a high 11 second truck without juice...which is still nothing to laugh at.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:54 PM
Well since it is a gsx it would have a good chance from a dig
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:04 PM
turbotruck.net i believe is his website. it might be .com though

Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:24 PM
well of coarse the clipse is goin to walk him from a 70 roll, its a @!#$ truck.

race from a dig, how real men do.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:00 PM
parish actually knows the guy. and it was 11.5 pounds of boost
the eclipse has many mods
http://www.1320video.com/featured.php

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:47 PM
that eclipse was AWD too

so I don't think launching would be too much of a prob

if anything, that truck is at a disadvantage with only 2wd

unless its runn 4wd... I don't know if parish is or not to be honest

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:54 PM
it's a 4 wheel drive truck. he lowered it and it really looks like a 2 wheel drive truck
and he still runnin the stock Firestones.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:10 PM
Just because it's AWD doesn't mean it isn't capable of spinning the tires. Now it can just spin all 4 instead of 2.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:34 PM
Lets see truck 408ci 8cyl turbo.DSM 122ci 4cyl turbo got to love the dsms one quarter the displacement half the cylinders and still owns.Now I know the truck has the aerodynamics of a bill board but come on that is pretty impressive.Also off the line awd dsms do launch pretty hard so ya I think the outcome would be the same
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:33 PM
Yep....that guy is here in my hometown. Very fast truck. I have seen that Eclipse a few times too....very nice!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:34 PM
That is the first time I've seen that truck have trouble beating somebody

Yes it is a cavalier deal with it
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:43 PM
ChrisIDV wrote:Just because it's AWD doesn't mean it isn't capable of spinning the tires. Now it can just spin all 4 instead of 2.

no one said he wouldnt. (believe me i know its still hard) but its a hell of alot easier than launching a FWD!!!!

and just a quesiton but what has more drive train loss 4 wheel drive or AWD??? ive always wondered that.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:50 PM
i ve been following this truck for a while, first off this is the first vehicle ( no bikes) ive seen race him and keep up. with that said, the speeds that they were traveling at, all the advantage is on the eclipse due to aerodynamics, so it should be no surprise that roughly 130 ish 140 the car is gonna pull ahead. for 3/4 of the run the truck was ahead, thats pretty insane for a 4wd truck. 408 turbo no nitrous! huge weight disadvantage at that. from a dig i think it would be an awesome race but from previous races this thing launches pretty hard. id have to go with the truck for the win, and the reason is one word....TORQUE gobs and gobs of torque!

How's it feel to get beat by a pickup!
Ask yourself one question punk..That Thing Got A HEMI?
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:57 PM
That is a bad ass Eclipse!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:59 AM
ChrisIDV wrote:Just because it's AWD doesn't mean it isn't capable of spinning the tires. Now it can just spin all 4 instead of 2.

The only car I've seen and that actually sat there for a moment spinning without breaking $hit was a 1100HP+ 800lbs/tq Skyline and that was only for a .3(Guesstimate) other cars I've seen spin were AWD rally cars on gravel. Im pretty sure a street driven AWD DSM that can do that, doesnt have a (stock) drivetrain strong enough to withstand the tq conversion back and fourth from the front to rear tires. Don't quote me on that though thats just an assumption, Im not a DSM or AWD expert.

I just believe that it will be incredibly hard to spin out all 4 tires on a street driven DSM without breaking the drivetrain. But yeah, AWD/DSM experts chime in and mediate.

Stock for stock, my 2.2 will kick your 2.2s A$$!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:37 AM
MK3Legend wrote:

The only car I've seen and that actually sat there for a moment spinning without breaking $hit was a 1100HP+ 800lbs/tq Skyline and that was only for a .3(Guesstimate) other cars I've seen spin were AWD rally cars on gravel. Im pretty sure a street driven AWD DSM that can do that, doesnt have a (stock) drivetrain strong enough to withstand the tq conversion back and fourth from the front to rear tires. Don't quote me on that though thats just an assumption, Im not a DSM or AWD expert.

I just believe that it will be incredibly hard to spin out all 4 tires on a street driven DSM without breaking the drivetrain. But yeah, AWD/DSM experts chime in and mediate.

not sure about other people, but my dsm spins them even though its AWD. IF i launch it really hard i can actually take the car sideways and spin for a frew seconds before i get traction. I wont dare put slicks on the car cause i dont want anymore traction (stock drivetrain sucks ass!!!!)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:43 AM
You want to put money one that one MK3??
A modded GSX cannot spin all 4 on the street,?? Come on guys.
Lets put it this way dropping it at about 6K RPM, spins front tires for about 3 feet and back for like a foot.
I have seen it, and you all might think their drive train is not strong enough, but yet it can handle 400+ to the wheel, with just a clutch change.

Another thing, they launch like they have been sling shot. I keep up with my boy is his GSX, now cause his clutch is slipping in high gears, but off the line he would eat me up.
Try 1.8 60 foots on a street tire, with a @!#$ty clutch.
Don't underestimate the power of DSM that truck picked on IT not the other way around, so that truck got suprised, plus look at the motors and then say something.

Like I said before and I will say it again. """MULLET Racing out to pick on little guys"""
Who is the guy saying that should go from a dig??
Yea lets stop on te middle of the highway and do that. Come on, I hate when people try to apply track rules to street or highway, it is just stupid.
You will always hear that from the V-8 owners tho, cause they know they can't hang with a Turbo car from a roll.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:47 AM
Both my friends 3000gt and my other friends 1g Talon spins all 4 tires. The 3000 is putting down about 400hp and I have no idea what the Talon is putting down. Both are street driven and the 3000 is daily driven.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:42 AM
i've seen stock evo's and sti's do 4wd burnouts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search