10sec pickup vs eclipse VID - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 10sec pickup vs eclipse VID
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:59 AM
Jesus, its like you guys keep running in circles.

The truck is 4WD, the eclipse is AWD, yes he can spin all 4 of his tires, but it's pretty hard. The eclipse will not go from a roll until he upgrades a few more parts, mainly his diff.

The pickup ran 10.91 @ 122, so no, he wont do 130mph in the 1/4.

The pickup's website is http://www.turbotruck.net and you can see some other videos on http://www.1320video.com if you keep checking back.

The pickup has been beaten by other cars, and from a dig instead of a roll.
Newer Z28 w/150 shot and slicks
Supra (ran 9.9 in 1/4)
Another supra (ran 10.9)
few others

There just isn't a whole lot of street vehicles in Omaha for him to race anymore though. Mine might keep up, but he'll have me by a few cars atleast (http://www.boostang.com)

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:25 AM
Hah, Im good SunCavi, Im just stating from experience I had with AWD cars, every damn AWD car I've ran would, like you said slingshot and grab 1-2cars out of the hole while I have to play catch up. I havent seen one actually sit and spin but yeah thanks for clearin that up though.

Stock for stock, my 2.2 will kick your 2.2s A$$!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:01 PM
If you own an AWD car and you're sitting and spinning tires, your car should be taken away from you until you learn how to launch. Its like saying I can light em up on my 100 hp sunbird, yes I "can", but only if I'm doing something wrong.

Suprised how that eclipse pulled considering he really doesn't have a big turbo for having a built motor. Throw something like a 3065 on there and you could stop at the finishline, get out, have a smoke, and watch the truck pass
Beautiful car.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:13 PM
I own a Talon TSi AWD and I can vouge for the wheelspin, if you mess up the launch. You can break traction and sometimes that is better than breaking parts. Is it easy to mess up enough to spin all 4? No, generally a blown launch goes the other way for me, "oops, not enough", as opposed to "opps too much", I'm a bit paranoid about tranny parts. Hooking up just right is downright thrilling, and it hurts your neck. I always worry after a near perfect launch, I'm just waiting to snap an a half shaft or something. I use an ACT 2600 so I'm not worried about the clutch.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:04 PM
I have seen plenty of awd dsms spin including mine.But they do not actually sit and spin they spin as they are moving forward and just for a few secs.I have seen shepherd; glazar and rau all launch hard and they spin all four for a few feet and then hook
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:32 PM
I should've elaborated what I meant on spinning. Like how my sup would squat and sit still there for maybe a sec and spin then launch outta the hole.

Stock for stock, my 2.2 will kick your 2.2s A$$!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:01 PM
BOTH those vehicles are freakin AMAZING

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:15 PM
dave lee wrote:If you own an AWD car and you're sitting and spinning tires, your car should be taken away from you until you learn how to launch. Its like saying I can light em up on my 100 hp sunbird, yes I "can", but only if I'm doing something wrong.

You sir are an idiot.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:50 PM
ChrisIDV wrote:
dave lee wrote:If you own an AWD car and you're sitting and spinning tires, your car should be taken away from you until you learn how to launch. Its like saying I can light em up on my 100 hp sunbird, yes I "can", but only if I'm doing something wrong.

You sir are an idiot.

Why?? Read what I said.... You don't see awd cars sitting there burning out. Yes, on a hard launch i'll light up all 4 with the fronts breaking first. Yes on a crappy launch I can light up all 4 through a gear and a half, You are moving forward as it happens though, you do NOT SIT stationary with all 4 roasting on a launch the way a RWD/FWD would 2, you will hit the damn wall since unlike a FWD or RWD car, you have NOTHING stable contacting the road. Its like driving on ice. What the hell are you talking about chrisIDV? You don't know, do yah?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:55 PM
Believe what you want. I will get a video this summer of my friend sitting in one position spinning all 4 tires, not moving forward. I've seen him do it before and unless he did some drastic upgrades, I'm sure he will still be doing it.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:55 PM
dave lee wrote:
ChrisIDV wrote:

You sir are an idiot.

Why?? Read what I said.... You don't see awd cars sitting there burning out. Yes, on a hard launch i'll light up all 4 with the fronts breaking first. Yes on a crappy launch I can light up all 4 through a gear and a half, You are moving forward as it happens though, you do NOT SIT stationary with all 4 roasting on a launch the way a RWD/FWD would 2, you will hit the damn wall since unlike a FWD or RWD car, you have NOTHING stable contacting the road. Its like driving on ice. What the hell are you talking about chrisIDV? You don't know, do yah?

dave is right, it is not hard to not get a really good lunch with AWD, even if your in the 400hp range or even higher. im just saying it is easy to burn out an AWD if your trying. very very easy.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:07 PM
Jesus H christ this is like pulling teeth.....

PURPOSELY TRYING TO BURN OUT AND LAUNCHING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

Somebody had asked if an awd car would spin its tires for a second or two on a hard launch like his rwd car, and THEN take off. The responce was no, an awd launch can and might lay down some rubber but its moving forward, NOT standing still for a second or two.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:12 PM
Your hopeless.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:37 PM
dave lee wrote:Jesus H christ this is like pulling teeth.....

PURPOSELY TRYING TO BURN OUT AND LAUNCHING ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

Somebody had asked if an awd car would spin its tires for a second or two on a hard launch like his rwd car, and THEN take off. The responce was no, an awd launch can and might lay down some rubber but its moving forward, NOT standing still for a second or two.

I know they are two way different things.

and i have actually luanched my car so hard that it went sideways a little and sat there for a second, thought i broke something for a second too.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search