240 sx - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
240 sx
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:29 PM
I have a freind who has a 90 240 in pretty good shape but its broken down and its a auto. He has 2 motors for it not sure what they are now and a 5 speed for it. MY question is do you think it is worth buyin for 1200 with every thing??? I will still keep my J and i think if i bought the 240 it would be strictly for track use.

1997 sunfire
2.2 ohv
WAI
2.25 inch exhaust
pace setter header
NX kit and motor mounts soon coming

Re: 240 sx
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:59 PM
Find out what motors he has out of curiosity. In all honesty if you are planning to use it for track and keep your J on the road, try and get the car for $500 and forget about getting the two motors.

There is some great aftermarket for 240's and of course very nice engines to swap in them as well, do a quick search in this forum about for more information, there has been a good bit of 240 talk lately so there are some good posts about them.

Best of luck if you decide to pick it up.

Have a good one,
Justin

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:08 PM
Yeah, awesome idea. Out of curiousity, were you thinking about using it in Drift or Auto Cross?

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:43 PM
just a quick thought, but isnt "pretty good shape, but broken down" a bit of an oxy-moron? but i agree w/ justin, keep the price low. there are lots of good mods for them, and you can probably get a better engine for less than the $600 more you would spend if you got the two spare ones.

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:36 AM
buy it if its solid. i just sold my 89 auto for 1000 with the trans on its way out.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:05 PM
Lol yea i guess, when i said good shape i meant the body, I should of clarified. The only thing wrong with the body is a dent in the rear that looks like someone backed it into a pole or something. It comes with a few bolt ons also i think it would be a good ivestment for track uses. gut the interior make it light and put a new motor and hook it up to a bottle. Oh i mainly would use it for 1/4 mile races but id like to try some drifting out if i get it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search