Anyone else got a 240SX? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone else got a 240SX?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:57 PM
i have a couple ques to ask of anyone else who may have one....

lol, 4th, oh well, im working on it.

Re: Anyone else got a 240SX?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:58 PM
i'm very close to buying one.a 95..what are your questions..i've asked almost every posible one ..so ask away
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:26 AM
i have one.. ask, i know the one guy on here ( i can't remember his name) did his buddys 240 and knows alot about them too..

Sponsored by: Stewart warner performance, Valvoline SynPower, Eagle 1 www.4NCCA.com
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:38 AM
well, my speedos screwed up..its a 90 SOHC Auto, i wanna know what RPM's it revving at 65 MPH so i know how fast im going down the highway

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:17 AM
My friend has a '90 as well that I helped him on a swap.

From what it sounds like, you could just have a speed sensor problem. I am pretty sure that on the '89-'90 model 240's a speed sensor was used instead of a cable. The sensor is on the right hand side of the transmission a little at the end where the drive shaft comes.

Remove the sensor and check the voltage.

Hope that helps.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:28 AM
^ good man. was gonna say that myself.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:49 AM
^Thanks. Sorry to go off topic BlackWidow, but Brandon, I saw that you are doing a CA18 swap in your 240. That is cool to see, I rarely see that swap done nowadays. Was there any reason behind doing it? I know you can put some nice power on the ground with that motor, I read a couple being in the 400+ region.

Just curious about it, I brought up the idea to my friend about swapping his out for that but he opted and we did the popular SR20 instead.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:26 PM
i got a 90 coupe red top waiting to drop in. my friend has a 200sx hatch with the ca18et. 200k and its still runnin stong and the turbo has little to no shaft play. that little car is almost as heavy as a 240 though.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:36 AM
You guys should check out my friendseses website.. They are a team from Toronto. They all have very nice cars and are very experienced with what they do.

www.team-mischief.com

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:38 AM
ps. sites still under construction

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:52 AM
Justin Cox wrote:^Thanks. Sorry to go off topic BlackWidow, but Brandon, I saw that you are doing a CA18 swap in your 240. That is cool to see, I rarely see that swap done nowadays. Was there any reason behind doing it? I know you can put some nice power on the ground with that motor, I read a couple being in the 400+ region.

Just curious about it, I brought up the idea to my friend about swapping his out for that but he opted and we did the popular SR20 instead.

Have a good one,
Justin

the CA18DET is actually a better engine design then the SR20. With a cast Iron block and a MUCH BETTER head dynamnics. The engine is about 1 grand cheaper then the SR and the swap is direct just like the SR. The ca was rated lower because of the smaller T25 turbo (smaller then the SR t25). The downside to this engine is its over 15 years old now.. they have been in the junk yard for awhile and most people don't wanna bother with them. PLUS its hard to get parts for sometimes depending on parts. U gotta get stuff from the earlier 200sx i believe in 84 or something. Being .2 liter smaller isn't really a big deal. They did a test with the exact same stuff on both the SR and CA and the CA came up 6 hp shorter, but made that up being a lighter engine (almost 100 pounds). I also like to be different, the SR is so common in 240's.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:33 PM
what cars did the CA18DET come in?

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:10 AM
BlackWidowCavy wrote:what cars did the CA18DET come in?

I am pretty sure they were in S13 Silvia / 180x's. I am not really completely sure if they were in any other vehicles or not, Brandon might help shed some more light.

Have a good one,
Justin

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:31 AM
yeah i looked it up last night after i posted that...lol

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:59 AM
the ca18et also came in the u.s. 200sx through the mid 80's fairly rare car. most had the v6 and some came with the 1.8 turbo rwd. there was a solid and independent rear for the car too. i've got the chilton on it.
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:33 AM
they don't call the ca18det the plastic motor for a reason

i wouldn't mind doing the swap but theres more potential and more reliablility in the sr motor...

Sponsored by: Stewart warner performance, Valvoline SynPower, Eagle 1 www.4NCCA.com
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:13 PM
sweetcav201 wrote:they don't call the ca18det the plastic motor for a reason

i wouldn't mind doing the swap but theres more potential and more reliablility in the sr motor...

wrong, reliability? Ever heard an SR tap? Its HORRID sounding and is one thing most SR owners complain about. Potential is measured by the amount of money u wanna spend. Anything u can do to an SR u can do to a CA. Ever heard of a CA20DET? how about this vid to shed some light.

http://www.paddy.co.jp/democar/hkssuperdragmeeting.wmv

Only internal modifications are Pistons, head studs, and cams (Under 1 grand spent). Stock rods, bearings, rod bolts, crank, etc.. The CA has actually been known to be a stronger engine over the SR with the better block enforcing the bottom end.

Parts are out there for them. Just gotta find em, they aren't right infront of ur nose like the SR.

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:14 PM
BlackWidowCavy wrote:what cars did the CA18DET come in?

89-90 180sx's and silvias. the SOHC years for americas KA.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:01 AM
97blkZ24 wrote:

wrong, reliability? Ever heard an SR tap? Its HORRID sounding and is one thing most SR owners complain about. Potential is measured by the amount of money u wanna spend. Anything u can do to an SR u can do to a CA. Ever heard of a CA20DET? how about this vid to shed some light.

Only internal modifications are Pistons, head studs, and cams (Under 1 grand spent). Stock rods, bearings, rod bolts, crank, etc.. The CA has actually been known to be a stronger engine over the SR with the better block enforcing the bottom end.

Parts are out there for them. Just gotta find em, they aren't right infront of ur nose like the SR.
]

ya dude.. the ca compares to the sr... thats why sooo many ppl go with the sr swap...
the ca... also compared to the rb25det too... ya ok...
try again

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:10 AM
well...the reason that people go with the sr swap is because .it's cheaper..parts are easier to find ..and you have more horsepower stock...like it was stated before ..would you go buy an engine from 89 to build on?
Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:27 AM
tommyZ24 wrote:well...the reason that people go with the sr swap is because .it's cheaper..parts are easier to find ..and you have more horsepower stock...like it was stated before ..would you go buy an engine from 89 to build on?

actually the CA swap is easier and cheaper... anyone with any knowledge of 240's will tell u that.

"ya dude.. the ca compares to the sr... thats why sooo many ppl go with the sr swap...
try again"

try again? How can u compare an aluminum block to a solid cast iron? or a head design that is far superior then the SR? The SR has displacement and thats it, a CA can be bored to match that w/o a problem. Do u know why they switched to the SR from the CA? It was because the SR was easily mass produced and cheaper to make. People (sr guys) are just ignorant to the CA engine cuz they know its a superior engine, but everyone knows the downsides. Be more open minded sweetcav201, anything the SR can do the CA can do just as good if not better.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:50 PM
ok ..your right,,i'm sorry i answered without searching on the net a bit...but as i stated ..sr parts are easier to find...here in montreal the sr 13 goes for 1600us and the ca is 900us..this is from our main swap place these engines are also certified mileage and guaranteed..so the ca is alot cheaper
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:23 AM
sweetcav201 wrote:
97blkZ24 wrote:

]

ya dude.. the ca compares to the sr... thats why sooo many ppl go with the sr swap...
try again
st 240 god here.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search