Dodge Charger SRT-8 (pics) - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dodge Charger SRT-8 (pics)
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:04 AM
All you have to do when you buy it is shave the rear door handles,weld the back doors to the body,do the bodywork then repaint and voila.

As it is right now,it still seems too much like the Magnum/300C with a different front bumper and a more curved back window. This car is basically in the same group as the GTO as far as bringing back the classics.

Ford did it right,and hopefully the rest figure it out and follow suit.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:01 AM
Gorgeous, I'm not a big fan of the four doors though it would look much better in 2 dr form. Yea I can see the Mustang knock off but I hope this is a growing trend, if they ever bring back the Camaro and Firebird I hope they do the same thing.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:33 AM
I would like to ask this question to

Do you think this Charger is a Muscle car?

I mean it has large V8, RWD, with a name synonymous to the era. I am curious what would you all say?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:43 AM
NOPE; not a musclecar, a family sedan they decided to add the name too.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:49 AM
no its not a muscle cars
they are dead

a muscle car was generally cheap (even for the time period)
didnt matter so much about looks at first
and were generally the smaller class of cars (for the time period)
and its a sedan to replace the intrepid... cmon

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:57 AM
4 doors are the big sellers now though. It is more practical for someone that lugs stuff around: i.e. kids, cargo, pets, etc.

If you look at the new trend: Trucks-4 door, RX-8-4 door, Minivans-4 door, etc, etc, etc

People are growing out of the 2 door stage.

Yes, the car would look better as a 2 door, but it's not the hot option right now.

It just makes sense from a business standpoint to market it as a 4 door in this current market.

Plus, it's a little cheaper on insurance.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:03 AM
I say its a muscle car meets the brady bunch. muscle for the hole family

New sig in the works
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:09 AM
and gm answers with........................the aveo... WTF

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:22 PM
Does anyone else see a little Galant in the back end of that thing??

Just a thought...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:29 PM
I personally like the car. I used to be a 2 door only person, but more and more i see the advantages of a 4 door. It looks really mean in the front

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:44 PM
the aveo my ass...the GTO with a little work could hang with that thing...assuming that they don't release "the judge"

but give it some credit...it looks assloads better than the brock-on-wheels mustiang--although that one has about as much drag as Rosie-o'donnel through veggie oil.

Now, the question remains...would that make a good General Lee? Could you see Johnny Knoxville and Stiffler driving it?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:54 PM
4 - doors? nah looks gross to me ......front looks mean though....grrr

i cant punch hard enuf,i cant kick high enuf,i cant shoot straight enuf,i cant die dead enuf!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:58 PM
EastCoastBeast II wrote:and gm answers with........................the aveo... WTF

gto maybe?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:00 PM
maent to say chevy..sorry

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:19 AM
Quote:

Now, the question remains...would that make a good General Lee? Could you see Johnny Knoxville and Stiffler driving it?

[HELL NO!!! I can't even see those talentless hacks driving a '69 Charger. What the hell was WB thinking hiring those two and dumbass bimbo Jessica Simpson to bring the Duke boys into the 21st century. There's a reason why Starsky and Hutch was a box office hit, because they hired descent funny actors.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:55 AM
Hmm... o.k from the looks of it, the car has to be a 2-door in order for it to be considered a "musscle car."
Do you guys think that (new) trend is the 2 extra doors?

IMO if the car is packing a 345HP & 425HP V8 hardware and its powering the rear wheels only, and it comes from the big three with names and styling like its classics, I think it safe to say its a musscle car.
I mean I can see a good match with this, a GTO and Mustang. Ya... I will say it will be odd, but it will give a good run with practicality.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:36 AM
What do you expect. All the musclecars from the 60's & 70's were coupes; AMX,Javelin, Buick GS's,Chevelles,MonteCarlo,Camaro,Cutlass442,Charger,Barracuda,Challenger,Mustang,Cougar,Torino, etc...; That's all we've known is musclecars had 2 doors. Sure there were sedan and wagon versions of a few aforementioned names but they were never called musclecars. if the germans were smart they would've named the sedan version either Magnum or Intrepid and saved Charger for the coupe version(if there's ever going to be one).

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:42 PM
^^^I know where you are coming though. I guess to each their own. I can consider it a muscle car with the practicality of 4-doors. Again, that is me.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search