eclipse - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eclipse
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:29 AM
Well i have a few grand saved up for my truck, decided to fix it now that I got my new job i can afford to take out a school loan. But then i found this and im not a huge fan of eclipses but i have always been a sucker for the GSX and GST

click me

for the price i think it wouldnt be a bad little project card. I could either buy an used engine of ebay for cheap and have it swapped in, or have the engine rebuilt with stronger internals. I live with people who would do this for me just for the love of cars....so it wont cost much in the labor catagory...what do ya think? worth it or no?

Re: eclipse
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:53 AM
do a carfax report, or if you have someone in the police force get them to run the vin. I would be suspicious that it was water damaged.

www.drluc.ca
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:55 AM
if you dont like the cars looks then you want it cause its quick and has potential right?? if so the 2g fwd isnt the car for you. you should look for a 1g gsx, they go for like a grand all the time.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:24 PM
Go with a first gen.. they weigh alot less. The 6 bolt in most of them is a better motor from what i understand. Definitely get awd if you do that. Also... beware of the transfer case... they do leak and break with high power. My boyfriend has a 2g GST... and everyday i hear him wish he has his laser back or that he wishes he would have gone awd. He's getting 338 on the ground but he knows he could get better times with the awd.

Just some food for thought

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:02 PM
dont buy one unless ur willing to dump LOTS of money in one cuz trust me from my past experiance they break

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:10 PM
it's a salvage title... no way would i ever buy it

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:23 PM
the only problem with doing a carfax report on that car is, it could have had all the damage in the world and b half bondo but if no claims were ever made there is no record of any damage anywhere

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:31 PM
Tranny is prone to start grinding. 2nd then 3rd shortly after. Just a warning. I speak from expierience on that one. I have a 1g and I love it, but I wish I could have gotten a 2g. I just love the looks of them. Everyone is right though. There is more potential in the 1g.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:27 PM
6. Engine is no longer in working order but turbo is in great working condition.

no thanks...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:42 PM
Dsms can be the coolest cars in the world.Unlimited potential cheap to go fast one of the best bang for a buck without question.They can also be a nightmare and wish you were never born choose wisely.I have owned three I have good luck with mine.But i have heard more of my share of horror storys from friends.You no the funny part is no matter how many problems they have they keep the car.When a dsm is running good there is nothing better.It is like being with a hot chick when things are good they are real good, but when they are bad you forgive them because they are so hot.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:58 PM
What are your goals??

If you're serious about a project car, learn up on them, and GET AWD!!!!
Don't worry about a built motor until you get very serious into the mods. Many times, blowing a motor happens from the owners own mistake and you dont want your first learning experince to cost you a built motor. If you have an 11-12 second goal for example, the stock motor will take you there. If/when it goes, then you can do rods/pistons etc.
FWD makes you want to put one in your head when you start actually making power, don't buy a gst if your serious.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:54 PM
its cheap... it seemed like a good price for a nice track/weekend car....im just saying if it needs to be rebuilt might as well put a little nicer parts in there..ya know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search