I'm contemplating getting.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm contemplating getting....
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:19 AM
a 2005 Saab 9-3 SS Aero. (SS stands for Sport Sedan, not Super Sport) The colors I'm looking at are black, laser red, steel gray metallic, or nocturne blue metallic. Of course the car come stock with leather. I'm adding the Touring Package which includes Rain Sensing Wipers, 6 Disc CD Changer in-dash, Rear Park Assist, Remote Window Opening, Memory Driver's Seat, Pre-Wiring for Hands-Free Phone and Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror with Compass and Integrated Garage Door Opener, and adding heated front seats. The engine is a 2.0L turbo with 210 hp and 221 lb. ft. of torque and a 5 speed manual. It comes with 225/45/17 5 spoke rims and is lowered 10 mm with firmer springs and stiffer shock absorbers. It will have a 300W 13 speaker system and an aux-in jack for an MP3 player. It has crap loads of air bags, dual zone climate control, sun roof, 8 way power front seats with 3 position memory. It has tons more standard options that are way too numerous to mention. One of the coolest features the one I test drove had, was a button to turn off all the gauges and lights except the speedometer. Well, I think that's cool. I test drove the base model with the smaller engine and it pulled quite nice up this nice hill so I imagine the more powerful engine will be nicer. Since I'm overseas, we get it nicely discounted and this will only cost $31,300 total. The same car inthe states is roughly $36,500. It's nice not having to pay taxes. If you are remotely curious about the rest of the options and what not, check out saabusa.com.

Is that a...a...a... a Cavalier?

Re: I'm contemplating getting....
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:40 AM
they are nice
got some balss

only 31k
ntb
get some pics

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:42 PM
Well if I do order it, it will take up 4-6 after the order is put in to ge thecar. Around this part of the world, they build you your own car when you order it. Think of Taco Bell, you put in your order and a few minutes later it's ready, unlike McDonalds where everything is waiting under the heat lamps rotting, kinda like the states. lol But if and when we do get it, I'll defnitely take pics and get some good vids of it.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:49 PM
i love the looks of them. very nice cars. But look into the reliability of the new ones. i heard the newest models were kinda problematic and not nearly as reliable as the older ones. Dont hold me to it but i read it somewheres.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:52 PM
mcdonalds does things on a per order basis, has been for a while

women are like cars you have to test drive the new one before you trade in the old one
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:55 PM
Get a TSX instead...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:08 PM
i thought the 9-3 had a 6spd ??

they are sweet cars , id get 1 if i had the money

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:25 PM
the new saabs should be more reliable than the old ones imo but i dunno...i do like the new saabs they are very nice.

you might also consider something likethis
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:37 AM
Fudge a TSX. Unless you've driven European finesse, you really don't know what it's like to drive a nice car. Show me any American car that is close to the 9-3 in price, performance, and looks for the same price tag. Good luck.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:47 AM
Quote:

Unless you've driven European finesse, you really don't know what it's like to drive a nice car.

European? Damn, dude. Saab is built by GM. It's no more European than any of the Cavaliers on this site...

Personally, I like the 9-3. I've even considered one, myself. However, I would take a serious look at the TSX first, too.

-John

Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:52 AM
Straight up... screw FWD.

As for buying a new SAAB... you're crazy.

They depreciate like ROCKS (the GM curse) and you can pick up one a couple yrs old for much cheaper.

But, again, FWD sucks.

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.

Friday, April 08, 2005 1:03 PM
Little do you know, the 9-3 Saabs in Europe are not built by GM. They are still built in the original factory as always with the same engineers. Please do your research before you make yourself look stupid. GM is taking a couple models and building them in a German plant and wants to build them over in the states to save money. But the European specs are still European. I love ignorant folks.

Friday, April 08, 2005 1:39 PM
u should try not getting a damn attitude.

SAAB = NOT EUROPEAN

it is OWNED BUY GM

wether it is BUILT in 1 plant in 1 place in europe in NO way makes it a european car again it is OWNED by a american company.

you have issues dude. i do believe YOU my friend are the ignorant one.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, April 08, 2005 3:29 PM
GM did not design the car. Get over it. GM was not involved in the car.

Friday, April 08, 2005 4:00 PM
the TSX is better built than the Saab, has a way better motor, suspension, everything... The TSX won't lose half it's value when you drive it off the lot either...

If you like depreciation, higher price, and 3 grand in incentives just to get people to even look at the damn thing, buy the Saab...

If you want a world class European designed performance sport sedan, fully loaded, Acura quality and value, Car and Driver 10Best, pick a TSX... You won't be disapointed... Best car Acura makes...

Friday, April 08, 2005 5:12 PM
aston martin is owned by ford, and i can about guarantee you that ford has nothing to do with the building of astons. so, just because someone is owned by someone else doesn't mean they have anything to do in the production of the vehicles.

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:27 PM
isn't the new malibu and G6 built off that same chassis??? So maybe it is "GM" after all...

Friday, April 08, 2005 7:32 PM
D.S.S. Cavalier wrote:isn't the new malibu and G6 built off that same chassis??? So maybe it is "GM" after all...

You sir are correct... Epsilon platform...

Friday, April 08, 2005 7:46 PM
try a new tiburon lol j/k

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Friday, April 08, 2005 9:34 PM
european tsx???

i thought japan was a part of asia

o well
anyway they are really nice cars
have you driven one? i have and i like them quite a bit
as for a tsx never had the desire to own one

Saturday, April 09, 2005 2:14 AM
1 I will never own a Honda.
2 My wife will never own a Honda
3 The Saab 9-3 looks better.
4 The saab 9-3 is easier to upgrade being a turbo.
5 The saab 9-3 has more standard options.
6. The 9-3 has more horsepower and a lot more torque stock.
7. The 9-3 is much safer.
8. I live in right now and haven't seen a Honda dealership yet.
9. The deal on this 9-3 is unbeatable.
10 I will never own a Honda.
Good enough for you guys?

Saturday, April 09, 2005 8:29 AM
Quote:

wether it is BUILT in 1 plant in 1 place in europe in NO way makes it a european car again it is OWNED by a american company.
does that mean mazda is american becouse its owned by ford? or subaru becouse its owned by gm. both mazda and subaru are putting out better quality cars than there u.s. owners.
Saturday, April 09, 2005 8:33 AM
GM has shares in Toyota. Does that make Toyota American made, or GM cars import?

O noes!
Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:04 AM
theL61 wrote:european tsx???

i thought japan was a part of asia

o well
anyway they are really nice cars
have you driven one? i have and i like them quite a bit
as for a tsx never had the desire to own one

TSX is the European Accord...

I drive TSX's all the time... Never driven the Saab though, but I have driven the G6, same platform...

I'll stick to the TSX, for the money, you can't go wrong...

Saturday, April 09, 2005 1:33 PM
nice to see for a change someone not saying honda and acura are 2 totally different companies.. i swear people that think that need to be slapped..

the TSX is nice though the new accord is good too the coupe just the rear ends and the V6 in them that can be mated to a 6 speed.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search