EVOvsFerrari - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: EVOvsFerrari
Friday, April 15, 2005 6:43 AM
DizaCav (James) wrote:Yeah...not stock.

CarDomain

In fact, it's pretty nuts.

Just wondering how you know this is his car? Not trying to deny it or anything.

Friday, April 15, 2005 6:49 AM
Ferrari's still have more pull out of the top end. And like I said, they were surprised, you can definately tell it in their voices. If they knew anything about cars, then they would have known if their mods could have pushed the evo above what a Ferrari runs. Given that, they shouldn't have been surprised. Everyone knows Ferrari's are fast...stock. Most people that buy one will leave them that way, so you can be almost positive that it's still pulling around that 13 second time.

Anyone with an Evo knows that a 13 second quarter mile isn't hard to beat. GIVEN THAT...they shouldn't have been surprised if the Evo was modded as dave lee said. However, if the car that James posted is the one that ran the Ferrari, why in the hell would they be so excited? I wouldn't have been...it would've just been another victory. I'm sure you all have seen the supra video's that have them outrunning exotics. Those guys aren't excited...why? Because they know they SHOULD win.

I'm still skeptical. The passanger looks like he was laughing at the guys in the Evo....and also, if you have enough sense to make the money to buy a $200,000, then you have enough sense not to play around with it to much, and risk it getting in a wreck...unless you are some stupid thug with too much money.

Friday, April 15, 2005 7:57 AM
Link's dead.

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Friday, April 15, 2005 8:45 AM
FantaZ wrote:note the 276 if stock, was any of that hard to understand?
the evo would have to be modified to beat the ferrari or the ferrair driver was a bad driver
either way i really couldnt see a stock evo beating the ferrari, especially from a role, from a stop i may change my mind

maybe you need to reread and try to comprehend what YOU said.

19.2@104 2.0 60ft

does that work out? how many people actually read the sig....
Friday, April 15, 2005 9:06 AM
Project Will wrote:
I'm still skeptical. The passanger looks like he was laughing at the guys in the Evo....and also, if you have enough sense to make the money to buy a $200,000, then you have enough sense not to play around with it to much, and risk it getting in a wreck...unless you are some stupid thug with too much money.

Friday, April 15, 2005 9:54 AM
Quote:

if you can afford that car i'm willing to bet you can afford to wreck it. why would you by that car and not drive it hard like its supposed to be driven?
Friday, April 15, 2005 2:53 PM
I can't believe this. Come on now. If you have lets say a mid 12 second evo and you see a ferrari. You would be screaming like a little girl if you won. Even if you knew you "should" win on paper. I've been in similar positions and I admit i've done the same thing. I got to ride in a coworkers 1g when he took out a zo6. It was his first time racing on the street and we both yelled like little schoolgirl bitches. We weren't suprised as it shouldn't have been close from a stop, but beating an expensive car plus the actual adrenaline of racing gets to yah.

Its hard to tell if the ferrari's trying but if he wasn't he would just stop around the speedlimit or something. You either race or you don't. He wouldn't go 100+ mph just to draft an evo. You don't just give it 3/4s throttle so you lose but not by much. He'd either quit accelerating or kick some ass, not some in between racing purgatory.

Just my opinion though,
not like anyone wouldn't take a ferrari over an evo anyday of the week.
Friday, April 15, 2005 7:13 PM
Jason M wrote:

CarDomain

If you notice, at the end of the video the guy disses NASIOC. NASIOC is one of the biggest Subaru forums in the country. Albeit somewhat of a @!#$ty one, it's still huge. When I saw that, I decided to search the forums and came up with a link to a thread that had been posted.

Of course, being the whiny little bitches they are, the guys (?) on NASIOC did their research and posted up the mod list and link to the kid's cardomain page. Turns out the guy with the Evo actually ended up joining the forums and posting up.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751822&highlight=evo+ferrari

And that, my friend, is how I know it's his car.

Friday, April 15, 2005 7:27 PM
good research
give that man a raise

Friday, April 15, 2005 7:28 PM
im aware of what i said and can understand it no problem, sorry if your confused by my poor grammer skills, buts its the internet i could care less about grammer
a Stock evo SHOULD not beat a Stock 360.
A modified evo would probably have no problem dusting the ferrari
does that make more sense to you now
Friday, April 15, 2005 9:13 PM
Borsty wrote:it should have been the vo out of the hole and the ferrari top end.

who knows what the guy has don tohis car thou.

thats exactly what i was thinking. i dont think a stock evo would win (although its probly not stock), but with the all wheel drive it'd be ahead for a sec. my boyfriend drives an evo- its a fast car, but i dont think it would be a ferrari! Raced a vette once while i was in the car- a suprisingly good race although the vette pulled thru in the end. that was before he had done anything to his evo though.

Friday, April 15, 2005 11:03 PM
That sti couldn't have gotten to 130mph that fast. Count the seconds. If somehow it did, I think you would really be able to tell. If it pulled that hard. Also, if you killed someone, you would put a little note in the middle of the vid, ferrari flew past me afrer 130mph and I hit my brakes. You would just stop the video or something. If you ask me, I think there is a middle piece of that video missing.
Friday, April 15, 2005 11:05 PM
DizaCav (James) wrote:
Jason M wrote:

CarDomain

If you notice, at the end of the video the guy disses NASIOC. NASIOC is one of the biggest Subaru forums in the country. Albeit somewhat of a @!#$ty one, it's still huge. When I saw that, I decided to search the forums and came up with a link to a thread that had been posted.

Of course, being the whiny little bitches they are, the guys (?) on NASIOC did their research and posted up the mod list and link to the kid's cardomain page. Turns out the guy with the Evo actually ended up joining the forums and posting up.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751822&highlight=evo+ferrari

And that, my friend, is how I know it's his car.

LOL! Well done, sir. Might I add, in my drunken posting, that's a nice car you've got there.

salute!

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Saturday, April 16, 2005 6:54 AM
404'd!

------------------------------------

Club Vantage - http://www.club-vantage.com
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:12 AM
Darius Washington wrote:That sti couldn't have gotten to 130mph that fast. Count the seconds. If somehow it did, I think you would really be able to tell. If it pulled that hard. Also, if you killed someone, you would put a little note in the middle of the vid, ferrari flew past me afrer 130mph and I hit my brakes. You would just stop the video or something. If you ask me, I think there is a middle piece of that video missing.

It's an Evo in that video dude.

TrueBlue, thanks! If you like it now wait 'till you see the pictures I post at the end of the week.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:40 PM
link doesnt work
Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:18 PM
Found the source of the video and found out their were 3 guys in the evo plus a 14 yearold taping. Thats one reason they were pumped.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:30 PM
I dont see what the big deal is. When did Ferrari ever say their cars were meant for drag racing. Theyre concerned with the more sophisticated aspects of building a sports car.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:05 PM
People just expect a ferrari to have more topend. This wasn't a "drag race' from a stop. The sophisticated aspects of building a sportscar don't mean much when the only thing that the car would do better then the evo he was racing is hit a higher top speed. Its not stopping or going around a track faster then him as any head to head test or mag will show . If it was a ferrari versus a 10 second tubbed-out drag only car weighing 1500 pounds that would explode if the steering wheel was turned then I would understand your point. But not versus a 2.0 liter 4banger w/ an exhaust and cams on the stock turbo. Not like I wouldn't take a ferrari though.
Monday, April 18, 2005 6:30 AM
the fact is a 30k car beat a 200+k car end of discussion. ferrari's are over hyped. the japs are making the same kinda power out of 4 and 6 cylinders not v8's and v12's.
Monday, April 18, 2005 7:36 AM
Yamaha Suzuki wrote:
Quote:

if you can afford that car i'm willing to bet you can afford to wreck it. why would you by that car and not drive it hard like its supposed to be driven?

So let me get this straight. Lets say you make enough money to afford a Ferrari...are you saying you would go out looking for street races figuring that if/when you wreck, you can afford it? OR...would you, knowing that you have one of the most sophisticated automobiles on the planet, spend the money taking laps around a track. Most (if not all) LeMans and other road courses will let you pay per lap.

You must be the "stupid thug with too much money" type of person. I'm sorry, even if I had too much money, I wouldn't want to waste it fixing a car that shouldn't have been in a street race in the first place. Now I know we've all seen video's of exotics racing around on the street, but I'm sure that we can all agree that those people are idiots (of course, along with any one else who actually street races).

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:36 AM
Dan Morrison wrote:I dont see what the big deal is. When did Ferrari ever say their cars were meant for drag racing.

When did Mitsu say the Evo is meant for drag racing?

And does anyone have a working link?

And there are 2 modded Evo models you can purchase from Medina Mitsu. They are built by Buschur Racing. A 330 HP and 350 HP version. Click me.

2003 Lancer Evolution VIII 300 AWHP / 309 LB/FT TORQUE (tapering mbc)

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:56 AM
well the evo is meant for rally racing
which does have hard launches

lemans doesnt have a hard launch

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:27 AM
Here, i'll host it on a friends for a while

Right click, save as

-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search