Test Drove a TC today! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Test Drove a TC today!
Friday, April 15, 2005 11:56 AM
I saw a Toyota dealership by me had a Used TC the other day. Today I got off at noon, so i decided to check it out. It was an 05, silver with manual. He pretty much just gave me the keys and let me have at it. Drove it for about an hour or so, took it on the highway, drove it in the suburban area and around our busy shopping district. I must say, i was really impressed with it. It drove really nice and smooth, a lot smoother that my cav ( i know, its a shocker!!) . Had a lot of get up and go to, i wasnt expecting that when i pulled out of teh parking lot. Also had really nice steering, i dont know if it had any accessories in that area, but was definetly impressed with it, turned corners a lot nicer than the cav. Radio was nice, needs a knob for volume though, dont like the push button controls, but it sounded great, had some nice bump to it. The moonroof is just bad ass, i totally love that. The back seat is huge in this car, im 6 2 and i think i could fit back there, which in 99% of coupes there is no way in hell i could do it. Seats were comfortable, lots of head room and leg room. One bad thing is the blind spots, kind of hard to see out of, but oh well

All in all i thought it was a great car. I had pretty much decided on it anyways, after i drove it i fell in love. Talked to the dealer, i guess they are turning the BMW side of the lot into a Scion Dealership, so they will be getting new ones in within the next month. I have wanted the Release Series TC, told him that, he's putting a hold on one for me!! Woohooo!!!! Im the first one that has requested one, they are getting one in the beginning of June, so, barring any unforseen mishaps, I should have the Release Series in June!!! Im really excited, plus that gives me two months to try to sell mine so i dont have to trade it in. So if anyone wants a 00 z24 convertable, hollar at me!!

Re: Test Drove a TC today!
Friday, April 15, 2005 12:26 PM
What is the Release Series TC all about? Haven't heard of it...

Yeah I could look it up, but I would rather have you tell me...

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, April 15, 2005 2:24 PM
Its red with matching seats, some dealer 18" rims some special grill and a numbered plaque. It might include a strut bar and some other little things, nothing too big or different.

Click Sig For Pics
Friday, April 15, 2005 2:34 PM
and how much does the RS tc cost then?

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, April 15, 2005 3:11 PM
Like said above, its got 18' black wheels, its red with redish seats and some other aesthetic enhancements. I love red cars and was hoping that they'd come out with a red TC. They only made 2500 of them. Heres the link

http://www.scion.com/release_series/tc/index.html

Friday, April 15, 2005 3:13 PM
Oh, its a little over 18K

Friday, April 15, 2005 3:18 PM
auto or many?

when i drove the auto didnt "feel" liek alot of power. could have just been better suspension set up that made it feel not as fast

i LOVE the interiors on them tho. omg soo much room.

^sweet kit

Friday, April 15, 2005 3:20 PM
Its a manual. I thought it had a lot more ommph that my Z, especially off the line. And your right, thats a big part of the reason i want it, the interior is amazing. The back seat is crazy, it reclines which is way cool. Plus i thought the seat was way comfortable compared to the Z. If i cant get the release series one ill settle for another one, but im pretty sure i will be getting one as soon as i get rid of the cavie

Friday, April 15, 2005 3:28 PM
i was plannign on getting one but i have switched over to a tiburon that ill be getting hopefully soon.

i like the feel of the tib in and out better. it has more power and extra power is had super easy and super cheap on teh 2.7L v6

nothign can compare to the sunroof tho on the tc. its just awesome. and all the seats fold flat even the front ones. i think they said you can fit a 6 foot surfboard inside without putting it diagonal

Friday, April 15, 2005 3:31 PM
^^^ The moonroof/sunroof is what first turned me on to the TC. Its huge, and its really nice to boot. I couldnt believe how cool it was when i was driving it today. I also really liked how they had cupholders in the back and how the window look from inside the car. It just feels like you are driving more than a 20K+ car. I was also looking at Tiburons as well, im less concerned with speed, just wanted a cool solid car that i can trust and that will be worth a decent amount when im done with it. SO far the scions have held value, the used one i drove today was still 17,5 with 11000 miles on it.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 12:37 PM
NauticaZ24(The NonBoosted One) wrote:It just feels like you are driving more than a 20K+ car
I get that feeling too.
The mirors, the moon roof, and the headlights, I feel like I'm diving a Mercedes, or a BMW.

1200 miles and a very happy customer

<a href="http://webpages.charter.net/nightmare-32/"></a>
...Oh no I'm a big bad fake moderator...[]Support the ORG, go Premium
<a href="http://www.j-body.org/forums/rules.php">Please, read the rules.</a> | Retired Sig Maker Count: 74</a> | <a href="http://www.j-body.org/~gatewayjbody">Gateway J-body's</a>

Saturday, April 16, 2005 12:48 PM
they scream BMW to me. they are awesome and, it sucks because now that it came out my brain is in a constant battle over which car i want the Tiburon or the tC. GRRRR. i love them both very evenly so it's hard for me to decide. so far the Scion wins by a hair because it's a toyota. but see, then i remember that the Tiburon comes with that sweet warranty. The tC has complicated my life
LOL
Saturday, April 16, 2005 1:16 PM
RedFive wrote:they scream BMW to me. The tC has complicated my life
LOL

Agree with both of these. I wanted one before i drove it, Seriously i wasnt even two blocks and already decided i wanted it. It just felt so quality inside, hard to explain, but it just seemed like a "nice" car. I love all the standard "options", and i really liked how it drove. It just felt really really solid, like its not gonna fall apart at 10K miles!

I agree the warranty on the Hyundai is nice, but the TC has a 36K one on everything and 60 on pwertrain. Chances are good with it being a toyota that its not gonna be in the shop too much

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search