250 MPH Chevy HHR - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
250 MPH Chevy HHR
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:29 AM
While there are people who think they won't move out of showrooms, GM and SoCal Speed Shop are working together to make a Chevrolet HHR move 250 mph across the Bonneville salt flats. SoCal is hard at work on the project, having chopped seven inches from an HHR and reshaped the front end.

The plan is to make 1400 hp from a single-turbo Ecotec four, a powerplant similar to that in last season's Ecotec-powered SoCal racers like the Cobalt and belly tank. If all goes well, the HHR will be on the salt in August.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 250 MPH Chevy HHR
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:53 AM
i bet they had to reshape 90% of the front end , LOL

gotta love areo-dynamic bricks

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:01 AM
And this translates to the consumer market how? Still cool though I guess.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:14 AM
i honestly have herd nothing about this car, i know its based on the delta, and uses the ecotec, but ughhh i think chevy is going to need to market a little if they want it to sell

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:39 AM
basically chevy pt cruiser

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:50 AM
I've never ever liked the PT Cruiser at all. But the more I look at the HHR, the more it grows on me. True its stying is along the same lines, but it is significantly different. I really liked the one that WCC did that was at the LA Auto Show (http://www.gmenthusiast.com/gallery/laautoshow2005/Preview/ChevyWCCHHR01.jpg). I would like it better with a slightly different front grille, but for what it is, it is quite nice looking. The PT is a decent seller, I think the HHR just might be as well. I certainly like the fact that it has an Ecotec, gobs of power made easily is yummy.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:01 PM
i like them

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:07 PM
Would I drive one, probably not, unless I have a kids. But the thing is practical, not a fan of the front-end, but I can work around that.

Inside is very roomy and practical with a very upright driving position. I think this thing makes more sense then a SUV. That's me.

Also now you can plug an IPOD which is a nice idea. Now 250MPH in this "brick"? Not gonna hapen with me. Sorry GM, your propaganda is exagerated once again.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search