Your Opinion of the new Cobalts - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Your Opinion of the new Cobalts
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:40 AM
If you had driven a Cobalt you'd know that they are completely different than a Cavalier. I drove a four door when they first came out, and it drove way better than my Cavalier EVER did, even when it too was brand new.

They may share engines, transmissions, and suspensions, but the interior is completely different, and the build quality overall puts the Cavalier to shame. Sorry to burst your bubble. The Cobalt definitly isn't the nicest car in the world, in my opinion it's the most bang for your buck, but you'll disagree with that too. But it is a drastic improvement over the J-body.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 8:04 AM
first real world impressions, driving along see a car up ahead and think to myself, "that is one fugly ass end of a car". lo and behold i get closer and read cobalt and think to myself "what the @!#$ is the hype aboot".

not my cup of tea, but maybe yours. GM is getting what they deserve for gettting rid of the camaro/firebird. next thing you know they will stop production on the vette and all trucks/suvs.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:15 AM
When i see a regular one on the streets, first thing that comes to mind is "Cheap Rental Car". I havent seen an SS on the street yet, but im sure its nice. However, i think the price is way too high. Same with a redline. Both are nice fast cars, but they drop tremendously in value the second you take it off the lot. If they were 15-16 K, most people on this site would love to have one. But for 22K plus options, there are lots of better options. Some might not be as fast, but they are way better CARS in general. I know this is a Car site, and a lot of us want to go as fast as we can, but I, for one, do not. As long as my car moves at a Reasonable pace in traffic, im cool. Im not trying to blow the doors off of every car in town. This is why i am buying a TC, very nice cars inside and out, fast enough for me, with good resale potential. Honestly thats what i care about when buying a car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search