Caddy Escalade gets Satellite T.V. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caddy Escalade gets Satellite T.V.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:17 PM
Bling-Bling!

KVH Industries Inc. said its satellite TV system for vehicles will be offered as an option in Cadillac Escalade SUVs, the Dow Jones Newswires reported.

KVH of Middletown, R.I., has been a major supplier of satellite TV receiver systems to boats since the 1990s and to recreational vehicles since 1999, the story said.

Recent technological advancements allowed the company to create a smaller antenna that can fit onto smaller vehicles such as SUVs and minivans.

The deal with KVH makes its TracVision A5 system available to buyers as an option, a KVH spokesman said, with a recommended retail price of $2,695, including an extended warranty. Customers will also need to buy a subscription from DirecTV, which has a special package for cars, vans and SUVs that offers 126 channels for $39.99 a month.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Caddy Escalade gets Satellite T.V.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:41 PM
God.. I hate SUV's so much, especially this one.. :/

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:33 PM
I don't really get the in car tv thing. Sure it's "cool, but is it really useful? I can understand people who go on long road trips fairly often but other than that music is just fine. People already let TV raise their kids at home a road trip is a good time to talk and catch up. As for using it around town, I don't really like turning off the car when I get to my destination when a good song is playing I can't imagine sitting in your car until your show is over.

AmazingJay
Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:01 PM
Ah come on......this is going to put GM on the map for being the first company to pull off a hit like this.

They're the first company to implement this, and it's going to be a big hit.

Friday, April 22, 2005 8:51 AM
RoNuS20 wrote:Ah come on......this is going to put GM on the map for being the first company to pull off a hit like this.

They're the first company to implement this, and it's going to be a big hit.

Friday, April 22, 2005 8:59 AM
AmazingJay wrote:I don't really get the in car tv thing. Sure it's "cool, but is it really useful? I can understand people who go on long road trips fairly often but other than that music is just fine. People already let TV raise their kids at home a road trip is a good time to talk and catch up. As for using it around town, I don't really like turning off the car when I get to my destination when a good song is playing I can't imagine sitting in your car until your show is over.

So you'd rather have parents screaming at thier children and diverting thier attention from the road?

Catch up on a 2 hour trip yes.... catch up on a 18 hour trip... no.

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:07 AM
Emor8t wrote:
AmazingJay wrote:I don't really get the in car tv thing. Sure it's "cool, but is it really useful? I can understand people who go on long road trips fairly often but other than that music is just fine. People already let TV raise their kids at home a road trip is a good time to talk and catch up. As for using it around town, I don't really like turning off the car when I get to my destination when a good song is playing I can't imagine sitting in your car until your show is over.

So you'd rather have parents screaming at thier children and diverting thier attention from the road?

Catch up on a 2 hour trip yes.... catch up on a 18 hour trip... no.

i dunno if this guy has ever went on road trip with his parents after reading that...

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:56 AM
I have been on many road trips. 12 hours each way to see grandma twice a year for almost all my life. I am not against the idea I just don't really geet why in car tvs are so popular not that many people go on long road trip regularly, I could be wrong but I have a feeling that people who drop the cash for an Escalade prolly don't go on long road trips they prolly fly.

AmazingJay
Saturday, April 23, 2005 7:22 AM
hmm i would never pay an extra 40 bucks a month to have cable in my car.....unless i lived in it

but im shure if your buying a new escalade then you ahve the extra cash to do that

Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:29 AM
yeah
i can see this hitting the market hard in a few years

all the cars should have it as an option

they would make mad money

all i would do on road trips if im not diving is sleep

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search