anybody work at a jaguar dealership as a tech? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anybody work at a jaguar dealership as a tech?
Monday, August 13, 2007 5:01 PM
Im having a problem with my airbag system on my 02 x type.Car was wrecked and driver airbag was deployed. I got another driver airbag and also sent the module to get reset at airbag systems in TX. I installed everything back but the light still doesn't turn off. It blinks 3 times then 3 times then goes off for a little bit then does 3 times and 3 times again. Someone said that blinking like that tells the tech a code. Can someone tell me what that code is? Also if I take it to the jaguar dealership can they reset the system and turn the light off. How much does that usually run. I've only done it on GM cars. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: anybody work at a jaguar dealership as a tech?
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:02 AM
ah, british electrical systems at their finest.... If a jag dealer can't reset that, then you've got some problems lol. How much they're going to rape you for it, I couldn't tell you. My guess would be 1/2 an hour labor at whatever the shop's hourly rate is. Thats if there's not a bigger part to the problem that they have to continue to diagnose.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:16 AM
not sure on a jag , but for a GM , you gotta replace all the air bag sensors that trigger the system , and the module

best thing i can say is your gonna have to take it to a jag dealer

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:31 PM
You probably have to take it to the dealer and have them scan the light. Have you replaced the crash sensor yet? If not, all the crash data is still stored and the light can NOT be reset. I think you can even go to a ford dealership to have the code read, since the x type is the same as a taurus.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:09 PM
I can have that fixed in a few minutes for $1

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search