farewell... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
farewell...
Saturday, April 19, 2008 5:13 PM
Well it's been fun but time for me to go. I wasn't very active on here so no one really knows me. I only made it out to one meet and for those who went it was a memorable one. It was a trip to Watkins Glen race track where we were supposed to get some trips around the track. Strat81 and AgentOmega know what I'm talking about. It was fun anyways though. I'll probably stop back here once in a while to check out photos and media so keep those sweet j-body pics coming. I was always impressed with what some of you guys could come up with.

So anyway, it got to the point that my Cav just didn't have the power or looks that I wanted. It was aging and would have had to go a long ways to every be what I really wanted. It was a fun little car and I certainly will miss the gas mileage. But now that college is finally over and I have a good job I decided to move on. I wanted something with balls and looks to begin with. So here is the new ride...08 Accord EX-L. I had my eye on them for awhile and finally found this one at the end of march. It turns out they are getting very hard to find (6spd V6) so I figured I better take it while the opportunity was there. It's fully loaded minus the 2k nav system. Stock 18s, fairly sticky tires, and 270hp going through a 6spd This thing is a monster compared to my old ride...

I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything to it yet and I'm not sure if warranty would even allow me to. But I really would like to get that exhaust a bit louder and an intake would sound sweet I bet. It would be purely for sound though, she is stupid fast as is. I can't get over the power difference. Stomping on it at 20mph in 3rd throws me back in the seat. Breaking them loose hitting 3rd at 60 isn't a problem either. I love this thing!

Well thanks for looking and for the help over the years

Re: farewell...
Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:27 AM
mmmm love the new accords. nice pick up

Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:17 PM
Those cars haul ass. We have one at work, just put a set of 19" HFP rims on it with 245/40/19 rubber. SICK!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:49 PM
definitely a nice ride...congrats

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:12 AM
congrats on the new ride!!

as for the watkins glenn meet... i think that would be enough to deter anybody from going to another meet. LOL

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:25 AM
Thanks guys.

strat81 wrote:as for the watkins glenn meet... i think that would be enough to deter anybody from going to another meet. LOL

haha

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:56 AM
Eh, not a fan of those but if it makes you happy....

Monday, April 21, 2008 11:56 AM
i love the new accord coupes. very sexy cars

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search