looking for a new car want some input - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for a new car want some input
Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:21 PM
So like the title says, im looking for a new car, most likely around april or so. But i wanted some input on wat people thought. Im leaning very heavily towards a Cobalt SS, hopefully the turbo if I can afford it, considering im 19 and in college, if not the Cobalt S/C ....but i wanted input on these two, or possibly others you may have in mind.. i want to stay GM because i get a GM discount and have racked up about 1500 in rebates through my dealer car (everytime you get work done you get money towards a car).

Re: looking for a new car want some input
Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:38 PM
Well what do you want in a car that would help

Where I work: HP
What I take for Memory and Focus: Focus Fast

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:10 PM
sporty, 2dr, manual...i was looking at a bmw m3, but its been beat on..and idk im leaning towards the cobalt ss...more or less looking for ppls input on them

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:47 PM
You're 19 and still in college. To me that means wait on getting a new car until your done with college. That's just me though, I don't have a good enough job to afford a new car and still be able to focus on school properly.

What are you driving currently?

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:51 PM
For now, I would go with a simple base Cobalt.

Then you can add stuff when you have some extra money. and still be able to afford the car payment. And the insurance.

Monday, November 03, 2008 3:47 AM
As with any sporty, youth-oriented cars, be weary of buying a used SS/SC with a decent amount of miles on it. Just do your homework on the particular vehicle you're looking at and you should be happy. A brand new ss/tc is going to be quite a large dent in the wallet for a college student (we've all been there). As mentioned a base cobalt, or even a used SS 2.4 would be a good DD.

If you're serious about spending the money, then go for the ss/tc, the aftermarket is growing everyday, and a simple tune can yield over 300hp/300tq. You could get a used ss/sc, but you would spend much more to get to that power level. Plus it's got some serious performance features like launch control, no-lift shift and a re-enforced chassis compared to the previous cobalts. And the 5 yr 100k mile warrenty is nice.

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:33 AM
ya oldskool. thats wat i was thinking, i mean yes it would be dent in my wallet, but ive worked my ass off, like all of us have for the past 5 yrs, bought my current car, 91 sunbird, and now looking for an upgrade, i went to the dealer and talked to a salesman, i could possibly get the car down to 18k with rebates and discounts, then with money down be looking at a payment of around 240-270 a month...which is totally due able....and i hear ya when people say alot of power, only 19,

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:50 AM
DropTopZBird wrote:ya oldskool. thats wat i was thinking, i mean yes it would be dent in my wallet, but ive worked my ass off, like all of us have for the past 5 yrs, bought my current car, 91 sunbird, and now looking for an upgrade, i went to the dealer and talked to a salesman, i could possibly get the car down to 18k with rebates and discounts, then with money down be looking at a payment of around 240-270 a month...which is totally due able....and i hear ya when people say alot of power, only 19,

thats cheap. i pay more than that for insurance a month lol . for the car and the payments around 250 a month, i dont think is a bad deal at all.

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:02 AM
Damn, I wish my not was $250 a month, sigh

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search