***My new ride*** - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
***My new ride***
Friday, March 27, 2009 8:36 AM
Well I was looking for a regular foxbody stang to drive around and all I saw was junk. So I sold my 99 contour and Just picked up a 1993 Cobra svt last night!! Its one of my dream cars. I have always been looking for a 93 cobra and thank God I was able to pick one up. Below are the pictures. The seller wanted the cloth seats and he had a leather set so he swaped them out for me. I'll post a pic of the leathe interior later on. I need to take a group picture with my '03 cobra! Yes, my favorite color is RED!!!!

Stats:
84,345 original miles
Short throw shifter
Flowmaster exhaust
lowered
MM chamber adjusters
BBK headers
Leather interior (Seller wanted the cloth seats so he swaped them out)
2003 Cobra Brakes front and back
5-lug front and back from SN-95

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Re: ***My new ride***
Friday, March 27, 2009 8:45 AM
i have always hated the interior on these things lol but for a 93 it is damn clean

Friday, March 27, 2009 8:52 AM
i will own one someday! congrats on the new ride!

.......if u don't mind, how much did u get it 4?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 27, 2009 8:53 AM

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, March 27, 2009 9:04 AM
I dont think i have seen one that clean around here for years, I would love to find one in that condition.

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:52 AM
Wow, great shape!

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:55 AM
yeah really good shape but yeah terrible interior

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:35 AM
Was that off Craigslist?I've seen a few 90's that were pretty clean and similar mods.Nice ride!!

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, March 27, 2009 11:53 AM

OMG I want it and it is red too! That looks mint!
That and the 1993 Cobra R is my favorite pre-2005 Mustang. If it was me, I would keep the cloth seats, totally dig that 80's design interior.

Congratulations.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:00 PM
Wow, that is awesome and in stellar shape. How much $ it cost you?

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:12 PM
Congrats. Absolutely mint shape for it's age! Love the color too.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, March 27, 2009 12:18 PM
win

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:19 PM
Wow, really nice find!

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:21 PM
that is cleaner than some new cars ive seen
i hate those wheels tho, ford coulda done a better design than that

Friday, March 27, 2009 2:29 PM
Very nice find for sure!! Enjoy it!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Friday, March 27, 2009 2:50 PM
I am in love with that car!!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, March 27, 2009 6:03 PM
I'm like the mustang. I'm a newbie to mustangs. What's different about it from a regular 5.0?
Later Redrider02

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"
Friday, March 27, 2009 6:23 PM

The 1993 Mustang Cobra was the first vehicle produced by Ford's newly minted Special Vehicle Team. This team, SVT, was created to produce a special car for the "special" people that buy mustangs. The model was based on the Third-generation Ford Mustang, built on the Fox platform. This model featured the availability of red, black, or teal exterior hues with a choice of either black or smoke interior colors in cloth or optional leather. The car was powered by a Windsor 5.0 L engine rated at 235 hp (175 kW) and 280 ft�lbf (380 N�m) torque. A limited run of 107 Cobra R units was produced.
Year Model Production
1993 Base Cobra 4,993
R 107
Total 5,100

[edit] 1993 Cobra R

The 1993 Cobra R was a stripped down version of the Mustang Cobra that was built with the racer in mind. To save weight this competition model was stripped of all but its bare essentials including air conditioning, rear carpeting and the radio system with its speakers and wiring. To further save weight they eliminated all sound dampening insulation, carpet padding, and body seam sealer. Also since a race car rarely needs rear seats they were removed with the seat belts, and seat brackets to further remove weight which also made this the only factory production Fox Body Mustang ever to come as a two seater. To further increase performance the Cobra R was equipped with larger brakes, stiffer coil springs, Koni shocks, larger anti roll bars, and a strut tower brace. To reduce operating temperatures and increase durability at race speeds the "R" was also equipped with a larger capacity radiator and oil cooler. The only exterior difference between the R model and the standard Cobra were it's special five lug wheels. These were actually the same wheels to be used on the newly styled upcoming 1994 mustang GT. To later become known as "Tribars" Ford decided to paint them glossy black and to also polish the center caps and wheel lips to keep them distinguished from the 94-95 wheels. Available in only Vibrant Red, only 107 1993 Cobra R models were ever produced making it one of the rarest, fastest, and most collectible Fox Body Mustangs of all time.

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:36 PM
I like it, I like it alot!
Friday, March 27, 2009 7:49 PM
Yes, this car was on craigslist. Its such a blast to drive. Very comfortable. I will post more pictures later on. Once I clean her up and park her next to my 03 cobra.

Thanks again.

Friday, March 27, 2009 8:06 PM
I thought so,I was looking at Stangs in Ohio,Illinois and Indiana,thought I might have saw it.Good find

Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:00 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:I thought so,I was looking at Stangs in Ohio,Illinois and Indiana,thought I might have saw it.Good find

Thanks! Just waiting for the weather to get nice here in Chicago so I can drive it. So I've been busy cleaning it some more and changing all the fluids.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:02 PM
Vids or GTFO

Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:44 PM
More pictures...the 66 is my brothers.....I will post a vid.

1995 GT, 2003 Cobra, 1966 Mustang and 93 cobra. I will post better ones this week.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:56 PM
nice fine man! and looks like a great addition to your stang family

Monday, March 30, 2009 1:39 AM
Lovin that car, check us out over @ foxbodyforum.com if you haven't already

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search