Pics of my new truck and a couple mods - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics of my new truck and a couple mods
Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:15 PM
I recently bought a 2001 Ram 1500 Sport. It was well maintained and had just one owner who kept it in the garage. The best part? It has just 55983 miles. Heres some pics:

First thing i did was replace the stock muffler with something a bit louder. The finish burnt right off:

So i repainted it with VHT Flame proof paint which is in the process of burning off:

I need to figure out why my muffler is getting so hot.

Then i installed a leveling kit from hell bent steel to bring the front end up a bit:

And finally what i just finished up with today. Something the old school guys may appreciate.

Before:

and After:

C/C welcome

Re: Pics of my new truck and a couple mods
Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:40 PM
sweet truck .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:04 PM
Clogged cat maybe getting the muffler hot.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:28 PM
Like the old school filter.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:34 PM
that muffler looks like its getting way to hot, hell even the clamps are starting to blue, maybe a partialy clogged cat?

nice truck btw

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:40 PM
looks clean! i agree w/ the cat issue? i also think that muffler is just to small for that truck!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:03 PM
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:Clogged cat maybe getting the muffler hot.

Yeah, the cats on these trucks are somewhat known for clogging. Its weird though, doesnt seem like theres any loss in power, but i've only owned the truck for a few weeks so who knows.

02_redbadged wrote:looks clean! i agree w/ the cat issue? i also think that muffler is just to small for that truck!

Definitely a small muffler, 6 inch case. I think thats part of the issue as well.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:42 PM
KG wrote:
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:Clogged cat maybe getting the muffler hot.

Yeah, the cats on these trucks are somewhat known for clogging. Its weird though, doesnt seem like theres any loss in power, but i've only owned the truck for a few weeks so who knows.

02_redbadged wrote:looks clean! i agree w/ the cat issue? i also think that muffler is just to small for that truck!

Definitely a small muffler, 6 inch case. I think thats part of the issue as well.

my cherokee had a bad cat. It ran great but when I had the muffler replaced they discovered that all the catalyst had collapsed. Put in a new one and the jeep ran great and even some better gas mileage. I got the 40 series knockoff installed at a meineke for around $125 and it's great.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:01 PM
nice, i @!#$ love dodge trucks.

Monday, November 30, 2009 8:07 AM
Set some money aside for the inevitable transmissin rebuild. The hot muffler is probably caused by the catalytic convertor being clogged, they're known for collapsing without a warning and will either leave you stranded or limping home at just 10mph. The motors are pretty reliable though.

Monday, November 30, 2009 8:50 AM
Spike J wrote:Set some money aside for the inevitable transmissin rebuild. The hot muffler is probably caused by the catalytic convertor being clogged, they're known for collapsing without a warning and will either leave you stranded or limping home at just 10mph. The motors are pretty reliable though.

Ditto.
And the Muffler is way too small for that truck that is a problem unto its self. Did you put it on or a shop? If it was a shop i can't believe they didn't at least mention it to you that this muffler is too small for your application. Major fail for that shop...assuming.
Clean looking truck on the outside, and the interior looks pretty clean too but invest $5 at the local spray car wash and clean that engine. It kills the the look of that shiny new air filter

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search