My New Car - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My New Car
Sunday, November 29, 2009 9:36 PM
I didn't love it at first, but after the dealer let me take it home and drive it for a day I ended up sticking with it. The looks are growing on me, but as far as accessories and luxuries go, there is no comparison to the cav. And you can't argue the fact hondas have some of the best resale values out there so if I want I can get into something else when I graduate without losing hardly anything. The cav is staying at home, no hurry to sell if we ever decide to. It was a great first car and I couldn't be happier with what I picked, I learned a ton and met some really great people by bein on here and workin on it. But at the same time you have to move on sometime, the cav won't ever be what I want and the whole mark/oem situation got me really down on it this summer. At least it's still at home if I really wanna go cruise.

But this is what I'm drivin now...
2010 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
V6
Leather, heated seats
Honda Performance body/lip kit
Light tint from dealer
Fog lights
Halogen projectors (why halogen idk)
Sunroof
Bluetooth & iPod ready
System is pretty good, has a small sub

Dealer sticker will be coming off next time I go home, but I really don't plan on doin much else to it (maybe HFP lowering kit and HIDs). Only thing I'm unhappy with is the road noise and a few rattles. I will probably throw the rest of my sound deadening I have left over to see if that does much. Other than that it's great!

Re: My New Car
Sunday, November 29, 2009 10:49 PM
looks comfy!

Sunday, November 29, 2009 10:56 PM
Another domestic driver gone.

Windy City TurboZ
Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:15 PM
looks pretty nice, i like the interior... and man if its a 2010 with rattles already id take it back to where you bought it from...

------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Monday, November 30, 2009 12:15 AM
those are so sexy! i do like them alot! Congrats!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Monday, November 30, 2009 8:02 AM
Other than needing to be lowered and de-dealer-stickered on the trunk, LOVE IT!!

My '04 Accord EX has 151,000 miles on the clock right now and I've never, ever had a major problem with it. Since 78K miles all I've done is battery, front pads a few times, tires, and spark plugs because I wanted to.

Monday, November 30, 2009 10:21 AM
That thing is ugly!

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, November 30, 2009 11:24 AM
An astonishingly gorgeous car

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Monday, November 30, 2009 2:32 PM
Very very nice choice.

Monday, November 30, 2009 2:43 PM
sweet car...and they run 13.9 stock on the 1/4 mile which is awsome (well for me it would be)...nice choice

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:22 PM
Love it, I really wanted to buy a new Accord when I got my Fit but I couldn't justify the extra cost for considerably less room. I've always liked the accord.

A small drop and some wheel spacers and that thing will be perfect!

Monday, November 30, 2009 4:04 PM
Ohhh I like!!!

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:54 PM
Monday, November 30, 2009 7:56 PM
I like everything but the dash, namely the center stack.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:09 AM
Very nice, but dissapointed you went with the auto the 6spd is SO much fun in those cars.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:38 PM
Thanks everyone. And believe me if Chevy would have been a better choice, I would have stayed Chevy. I really wanted (and still want) a Trailblazer SS but they are super hard to find around here after looking for almost a year, also there is no 2010 model so the newest one is out of warranty in a year or two, and resale value isn't something associated with GM. I wanted something nice I can keep until the warranty is done, then get out of it and not lose hardly anything. Or I can make it last a long time if I want it to. Looks are still growing on me, but I love driving this thing. I really wanted a 6 speed, but they are so rare too around here. Plus an auto was a no cost option and it will help sell when I want out. As far as the rattles go, the accord got rated bad on road noise/rattles so it is a known issue but after searching on various accord/honda forums, there is nothing the dealer will do. It's really not bad, I can help it out myself, I just need some time to lay some deadener.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:35 PM
Nice car man, I love those.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:29 AM
Excellent pickup.

And to the person that said domestic driver gone - while it may not have been from a domestic owned car company, all accord coupes are assembled in marysville ohio, and is only sold primarily in the US/Canada. Only few are exported out of here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:35 AM
There are listed recalls for some of the rattles in those cars. Call your dealer and get them to see if any of them apply to that car. One I recall was the 3rd brake light...can't remember the others.

214whp 190wtq
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:41 PM
I love the new Accords!
IMO to keep it clean drop it, either grab a set of 20s or even just get wheel spacers for the stocks.
black out the window trim, door handles and emblems.
and most importantly.... TINT THE WINDSHEILD! that first pic screams "tint me"

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:00 PM
I'd smile if that was in my driveway. Nice car.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:59 PM
Nice coupe man, make sure you register at DRIVEACCORD.NET
You'll find plenty of good info there, common problems/issues, etc. my username over there is CFaccord45

good luck and enjoy the ride

CaviFL45

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 11:33 PM
19" HFP wheels look nice on them too

214whp 190wtq
Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:07 AM
The new Accords are nice. I like them. It's just weird that Honda's cars have been growing so much over the years. They keep getting bigger and bigger.

Friday, December 04, 2009 10:50 AM
Thanks guys. I am on driveaccord.net, atk2008. I would love to pick up a set of the HFP 19's but they are pretty expensive and I haven't seen many used sets. I thought about blacking out all the chrome, but I think I'm just gonna leave it. I don't even want to mess with it. Like I said I'm trying to keep it stock. I've even talked myself out of messing with the radio and speakers. I'm just going to live with how it is. I do really want the HFP suspension though, that might be coming soon, we'll see.

Here's a pic of the HFP rims (not my car), 19's are huge, and IMO they aren't worth the cost. Probly just gonna stay stock...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search