lexus roll over risk new GX460 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: lexus roll over risk new GX460
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:44 PM
And the video...

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:02 PM
no carnage, no care.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:33 PM
so let me get this straight? while driving a top heavy suv, you try to make a harsh corrective gesture and the vehicle tips over? no @!#$... And all this time i thought pigs could fly...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:27 PM
i thought it did pretty good in that side ways slide....the next drift king!!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:29 PM
It's more that the car is more prone to such antics than others in its class due to a less effective ESC system.

Funny how once Toyota loses its luster in the marketplace, their nutswinging friend Consumer Reports FINALLY comes to its senses and acknowledges a Toyota fault. The timing is just hilarious. I have less respect for CR now than ever, and I truly did not think that was even possible.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:20 PM
So because people are trying to do something that teh vehicle was never intended to do( but government regulations say it needs a "nanny" to allow it to do) and its unstable, it is deemed unsafe? Sorry but its a @!#$ top heavy SUV, dont drive it like a sports car.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:56 PM
gee this is as old as the dust in my great great grannies coffin , ok maybe not that old , but its as old as a jeep

if i wanted to carve the twisties in a SUV , it wouldnt be a lexus !!!! believe it or not it would be a jeep a SRT/8 jeep , or maybe the porsche suv

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:19 PM
I don't think their point is about carving twisties. It's about the fact that the car will, in an emergency evasive maneuver, skid out rather than regain its composure. Other cars in its segment have been proven to be capable of not skidding out due to their more effective suspensions and ESC systems.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:26 AM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:I don't think their point is about carving twisties. It's about the fact that the car will, in an emergency evasive maneuver, skid out rather than regain its composure. Other cars in its segment have been proven to be capable of not skidding out due to their more effective suspensions and ESC systems.

I agree with this. Its just a shame that ESC has gone from an added safety feature on a car to what it is now. Its too bad that so many people rely on ESC and other electronic aids to keep them from rolling a car. How about you use some common sense and dont drive over the vehicles capabilities? Unfortunately car makers need to save the idiots from themselves. A liability issue.

Friday, April 16, 2010 7:34 PM
What happened in 1970 when you drove a CJ and tried to make a turn? Did your training wheels pop out from under the frame and hold you up? No, you either A) rolled over and fell out of the open top and died, or B) didn't try to drive like an idiot in the first place.

What's next, evasive maneuvering in a fully-loaded tanker truck?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:04 PM
Update:

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:04 AM
so what did they do? put a fat guy in the pass. seat

Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:05 AM
Updated the Electronic Stability Program, so it can intervene earlier. The old system kicked in to late.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search