Henry Ford and his Hemp Car - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Henry Ford and his Hemp Car
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:44 AM
http://green-living.families.com/blog/henry-ford-and-his-hemp-car

Quote:

Talk about a visionary! Henry Ford started the Ford Motor Company over 100 years ago, but even back then; his main object was to build cars that were sensibly priced, yet dependable and efficient. Yet over the years, it seems as if cars have become less reliable and less affordable. Not to mention the price of gas jumping in the past decade.

To bring his dream to fruition, Ford envisioned cars that ran on hemp ethanol. In fact, Ford was all for using materials like hemp and vegetable matter to run vehicles. He once said, "There's enough alcohol in one year's yield of an acre of potatoes to drive the machinery necessary to cultivate the fields for one hundred years." Can you imagine?

In 1925, he told the New York Times that he thought the fuel of the future would be made of such things as apples, sawdust, weeds, etc. At the time, most others in the car industry agreed. In fact, I read online that government officials had even contacted Ford engineers about coming up with alternatives to leaded gas. Ford felt that growing crops like hemp to make fuel could also help turn around the existing economic crisis that would later become the Great Depression.

By 1941, Ford had created a car whose body was made from hemp, sisal, and wheat straw. Guess what that car ran on? Yes, it ran on hemp ethanol. It seems obvious that gas wasn't the best fuel for cars. It is toxic, can be dangerous, and has a lower octane rating then ethanol.

If ethanol is better than gas, why aren't we using it? I've read that some people think the auto industry was built around gas powered automobiles and it would be too costly to change. Others think that politics played a hand in the auto industry staying dependent on gasoline.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that the automobile forefathers were thinking of automobiles that ran on something other than gasoline. This idea has been around for almost 100 years and yet we are still oil dependent.

Do you think we will see a viable alternative to gasoline any time soon?

(This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1923.)

But wait there is more to this story than meets the eye.

http://www.hempcar.org/index.html This car runs on hemp gas

http://www.motiveind.com/kestrel-main.html This cars body is made out of "Bio-fiber based composite"

What are people stupid supporting all these oil companies that are intent on destroying our beautiful planet? Gasoline poisons the air gives people like me ashma but I know people are not stupid they are just ignorant. We were all fed lies and we bought into it. What good are vehicles that CONSTANTLY NEED REPAIR? Maybe its all by design these companies WOULD NOT BE RELEVANT TO SOCIETY if they produced good long lasting vehicles and would not be able to generate profit.

Diesel, ethenol, grape ethenol, thats all a scam to make profit and poison our earth. I am interested in why more people are not active in wanting CHEAP AND SAFE ENERGY. In fact I would go as far to say theres no need to have hemp gas because of electromagnetic energy like Nikola Telsa invented so long ago if that was the case cars COULD NOT HIT EACH OTHER do you understand magnetics polarity positive cant touch negative? Hello all these vehicle damages/deaths ARE NOT necessary. Rubber tires made from OIL would not be needed cars would float and if made so could fly if everything the roads and cars were engineered in such a way. Where does the energy come from? The already existent battery that our earth generates we can tap into for free unlimited energy. And just incase you don't believe that what about the fact of ion engines satellites can run on ion thrusters why not cars or trucks? Gasoline is toxic its not cool especially when so many remedies are being ignored.

Were the ones paying for the crappy vehicles the @!#$ty stupid corporations pump out unsustainably over and over, when do we do something about it instead of living in fear or ignorance. Everything is relevant. Im sick of breathing toxic air when something can and should be done.

Better yet why can't normal gas be mixed with hemp gas 30% gasoline 70% hemp gas it would be a stepping stone right now IN YOUR GAS TANK IS 60% GAS AND REST IS ETHENOL/@!#$. Unless you pay more. Theres no need maybe fuel filters would last if the mix of fuel were proper. Ive seen dozens and dozens of @!#$ty fuel filters with crap inside them its because of the @!#$ty gas mixture EVERYONE is subject to.

I think this is the best place to discuss these significant and profound matters in a place where everyone is dependent on crappy gas that is in effect causing problems for the vehicle. Like I said I believe if gas were mixed with hemp it would be the solution to the energy crisis allowing for an increase in energy production which planet earth has peaked why do you think energy costs are so HIGH? Already gas mixtures are like 60% gas 40% @!#$ and it may even be 50/50 why not replace the @!#$ with hemp and eventually cars would be made to run on the cheap and abundant hemp gas.

The new world order is being co-created by everyone consuming toxic energy via gasoline,diesel,natural gas,coal,uranium. Did I mention ALL PLASTICS ARE MADE FROM OIL. Plastic watter bottle islands float in the oceans while hemp oil can provide safe biodegradable plastic.

a little going off from henry fords hemp car but its ALL related. maybe one day someone reading this will start a company making cars that are made from hemp and run on hemp gas. How far off is it there exists a car that runs on hemp gas, also there exists where the body is made from hemp not steel or plastic @!#$ but i have not been able to find a car that is made from hemp and runs on hemp gas. My government is ignoring me not giving me a grant to start a company to do such a thing. WHY? they will surely invest into millions for vaccine propaganda to brainwash people into thinking toxic vaccines are somehow the path to being healthy. what about...eating real food lack of nutrition is the cause of sickness not because you never got your vaccine. Too long has this @!#$ been going on.

Re: Henry Ford and his Hemp Car
Friday, September 17, 2010 10:43 AM
Friday, September 17, 2010 5:46 PM
Only one thing came to mind when i saw the title,

Cheech and Chong!!!

Friday, September 17, 2010 8:18 PM
mctoad wrote:http://www.wanttoknow.info/050711carmileageaveragempg

'
i hate seeing that article. it is such a conspiracy that the model t got 25 and the explorer doesnt... lets compare what the vehicle weight, features, capabilities and safety features are. never mind driveability. that site is a boat load of bs wrapped in a horse &hit wrapper....

yeah they experimented with technologies back then, but let me see the hemp car that can take 10 years of the elements and I will give you a ham sammich.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:46 AM
Mike Demo wrote:
mctoad wrote:http://www.wanttoknow.info/050711carmileageaveragempg

'
i hate seeing that article. it is such a conspiracy that the model t got 25 and the explorer doesnt... lets compare what the vehicle weight, features, capabilities and safety features are. never mind driveability. that site is a boat load of bs wrapped in a horse &hit wrapper....

yeah they experimented with technologies back then, but let me see the hemp car that can take 10 years of the elements and I will give you a ham sammich.

Yeah, I can't take anything seriously when it comes from a site that has pages dedicated to uncovering the 'truth' behind 9/11. Did you know it was an inside job???!?!?!?!?!?!@E121r#t2? retards.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:33 AM
Heh, I was just sayin. I thought it was impressive that the model T got that. That was more what I wanted to show.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:24 AM
While Ethanol may be higher octane than regular gas, the difference is BTUs. What are BTUs, its the amount of energy you can get from a gallon of a particular substance, diesel for example produces far more BTUs than gas, thats why theres full size Jags out there getting 40mpg. Ethanol makes far less BTUs per gallon than gas and MUCH MUCH less than diesel. So in a particular car given all other things are the same you might get 40mpg with Diesel, low 30s with Gas, and then mid to upper 20s with Ethanol. For something like my car that struggles to get mid 30s on highway mileage, switching to something like E85 would mean getting maybe 25-26mpg, That just doesn't sound like "better" or "progress" to me. This is of course basing off E85 which is Corn Ethanol, but I doubt Hemp would be far more BTUs.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:13 AM
And considering the fact that E85 is still more expensive 10 months out of the year, even here in the middle of corn fields for miles, makes me stick with gas. Its not a conspiracy, its just common sense.

If car companies build cars that last forever, then how would they sustain themselves? We would no longer need to purchase cars. Automobile sales are a large part of the American economy. Once again common sense. Take away automotive sales and watch the economy plummet.

I hate hippee agenda.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:08 AM
Myles wrote: In fact I would go as far to say theres no need to have hemp gas because of electromagnetic energy like Nikola Telsa invented so long ago if that was the case cars COULD NOT HIT EACH OTHER do you understand magnetics polarity positive cant touch negative? Hello all these vehicle damages/deaths ARE NOT necessary

Do you understand? Positive is attracted to negative. Opposites attract. And if you have a positive you need to have a negative. How strong would these fields need to be to prevent 3000+lbs of metal moving at 50kmph+ from impacting, and if it was strong enough to prevent that impact, I'm sure it would be more than noticeable on the freeway every vehicle making it's own powerful magnetic field, pulling your negative towards it's positive, or repelling your negative from it's negative.

And don't you know why Hemp isn't being widely used as a very good material for clothing/building/health products/energy needs? Anti-marijuana legislation. I'm pretty @!#$ sure by now if it's legal for sick people to posses the drug, the industry should be able to expand into areas such as these at the very least. Stupid laws made by @!#$ retards who have no clue what they're doing. It's the way of the world. Some jackass who knows nothing about a situation is designated to develop legislation to govern it, instead of taking someone from the industry who actually wants it to move forward and who actually has been there and lived it.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search