Werid this about 04 impreza RS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Werid this about 04 impreza RS
Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:06 AM
Well i been going to rosedale tech and my buddy has a 04 Impreza RS i am about done with basic electric class and well i was looking threw the fuse's in the car and one said FWD well. we hooked up a switch to the power and ground side. Flipped the switch and on the dash a FWD lit up... we took it out for a run and well lol its FWD it disabled the rear diff... dose any subaru people know why this dose this... also we found out how to make it go 50 to the rear and 50% to the front in stead of the 90/10

Re: Werid this about 04 impreza RS
Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:07 AM
thing not this!***

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:53 AM
Let me guess its an automatic car?

I know Subaru recommends that while towing you disable the rear diff by pulling the fuse, I believe only the automatic cars have this feature since I think they use a different center diff than the manual version of the car uses. Don't quote me on the last part tho, the towing part is true tho.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:58 AM
It is interesting.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:01 PM
newt wrote:Let me guess its an automatic car?

I know Subaru recommends that while towing you disable the rear diff by pulling the fuse, I believe only the automatic cars have this feature since I think they use a different center diff than the manual version of the car uses. Don't quote me on the last part tho, the towing part is true tho.

yeah your right i was reading subaru forums and thats what its for and yeah its a auto

Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:57 PM
89Vert N HardTop wrote:thing not this!***

That's the only thing you noticed wrong in your title?

Threw and through have different meanings as well as does and dose.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:13 PM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:
89Vert N HardTop wrote:thing not this!***

That's the only thing you noticed wrong in your title?

Threw and through have different meanings as well as does and dose.

yeah well @!#$ happens

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:25 PM
i'd still recommend only flat towing a subaru...

awd + only two wheels spinning = bad things.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:35 PM
strat81 wrote:i'd still recommend only flat towing a subaru...

I believe they are referring to towing as in, the car towing a trailer and not the car itself being towed.....I could be wrong tho.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:45 PM
newt wrote:

I believe they are referring to towing as in, the car towing a trailer and not the car itself being towed.....I could be wrong tho.

It's for if the car is being towed, like if you didn't have a flatbed tow truck & they could only lift 2 wheels. Pretty sure it says in the book that it's really only meant to be towed like that in case of emergency, very short distance.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:22 PM
stargrrrl wrote:
newt wrote:

It's for if the car is being towed, like if you didn't have a flatbed tow truck & they could only lift 2 wheels. Pretty sure it says in the book that it's really only meant to be towed like that in case of emergency, very short distance.

exactly. this is an auto only thing. its perfectly fine to tow them like that though, even drive around for a while as the AWD is disabled. the dealer i've been working for has been doing this for years. not over huge huge distances, but they've towed cars from south jersey before with one hanging off the back of the flatbed. they've never had any issues as far as i know. the 2010 and newer legacy/outback no longer have this fuse or any way to disable the AWD. so its a MUST to flat bed tow the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search