Honda To Stop Selling Civic In Japan - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Honda To Stop Selling Civic In Japan
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:46 AM

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20101115D15JFN03.htm
Quote:

TOKYO (Nikkei)--Honda Motor Co. (7267) plans to end domestic sales of its Civic midsize sedan as soon as existing inventories run out.

The automaker will continue selling the Civic around the world. A fully updated model is due to be launched next year.

Honda released the Civic in 1972 as its first full-fledged passenger car. Roughly 3 million have been sold in Japan since then, but demand has plunged in recent years amid the growing popularity of minivans and compact vehicles. In October, Honda's domestic sales totaled 182 Civics and 270 Civic Hybrids.

The company had initially planned to keep the hybrid version on the market, but decided to stop Japanese sales of all Civic models due to weak demand for sedans.

The Civic continues to perform well in overseas markets as Honda's mainstay sedan. Even after domestic sales end, the company will continue manufacturing the car for export at its Suzuka plant in Mie Prefecture.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Honda To Stop Selling Civic In Japan
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:03 AM
Interesting, does kind of explain the crappy "redesign"

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

TOKYO (Nikkei)--Honda Motor Co. (7267) plans to end domestic sales of its Civic midsize sedan as soon as existing inventories run out.

The automaker will continue selling the Civic around the world. A fully updated model is due to be launched next year.

Honda released the Civic in 1972 as its first full-fledged passenger car. Roughly 3 million have been sold in Japan since then, but demand has plunged in recent years amid the growing popularity of minivans and compact vehicles. In October, Honda's domestic sales totaled 182 Civics and 270 Civic Hybrids.

The company had initially planned to keep the hybrid version on the market, but decided to stop Japanese sales of all Civic models due to weak demand for sedans.

The Civic continues to perform well in overseas markets as Honda's mainstay sedan. Even after domestic sales end, the company will continue manufacturing the car for export at its Suzuka plant in Mie Prefecture.

You know its getting pretty bad when the Civic is literally outgrowing its relevance in the car market. The new civic is literally bigger in every dimension than my 87 Accord. And with a crappier suspension, and worse gas mileage to boot.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:42 AM
Kinda cryptic. Maybe I missed something but it sounds like they are not cancelling the Civic. But just the sedan model.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:36 AM
There is probably a konjabillion Civic sedans over there anyway. It was just a matter of time.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:37 AM
so does that mean coupes are still going to be available? They said sedan specifically...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search