Daily Driver Off-Road Fun! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Daily Driver Off-Road Fun!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:42 AM
I'll open with an appology, these pics are not of hard core off-roading nor are they very high quality (taken with my iPhone) but wanted to share them anyways, mainly cause I'm bored.

Decided on the weekend to give my new tires a last good testing before I took them off and put the snows on for the winter.

Tires are: 265/75-16 Falken High Country AT (Works out of a 31.5in tire, stock Z71 size. Truck came with 265/70-16)

Couldn't be happier with them, only cost me $700 CAD brand new. They are quiet on the highway, handle well and works awesome off-road.

Got a few other things on the way for the truck, probably post up a progress thread once the goodies arrive/ get installed.

This was the aftermath...

Thanks for looking!

Re: Daily Driver Off-Road Fun!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:45 AM
i like dirty girls ......... nice ride

2003 2.2 ecotec turbo 250 whp 247tq
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:48 AM
I <3 boobies!!! Nice truck.

What is 700 canuckistan dollars in us?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:03 PM
694 for like the first time it's nearly the same.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:07 PM
That's not a bad price.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:14 PM
Yes, they were surprisingly cheap. That wasn't installed tho, just tax in out the door pick up. Bought them out of town when I went down for one of my races so I just through them in the Sunfire.

One nice thing about having no interior is you can fit 4 ~32" tires inside a Sunfire no problem!! hahaha

I drive a silver car - Our dollar has been trading nearly the same as the US' for a quite a few years now. For about 6 months a while back our dollar was actually worth more than yours.

Back on topic tho, I love this truck...kinda expensive for maintance but other than that its been really good to me. Its a 2000 and I bought it last year with only 56,000mi on it and its currently sitting at 77,000mi

I am trying to make it look less "old man-ish" being that its Pewter and those goofy split 3 spoke wheels doesn't help my cause tho...haha.

Got some Bushwacker OE fender flares that should be finally ariving shortly, some new fogs, probably do an exhaust/intake and maybe the electric fan swap over winter to help with the MPG.

Should look decent when its done.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:29 PM
For the E fan swap get one aout of a Tarus, they have two speeds

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:23 PM
Hmmffff, thats not mud. Lol. I covered my 02 Escalade when I had her. And I mean Covered!! Ill see if I can post pics when I get home from work lol. Good times! Not bad on the tires too. I dont remember what I had on her, but they were 17" rims for the Escalades with huge sidewalls and nice meaty tires. Never got stuck, and the Automatic AWD on her was nice too. But yeah there fun lol Looking foreward to see where this goes!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:32 AM
Hahaha ya like I said it was nothing extreme, just playing around in a muddy field with some of my Jeep buddies.

There is a nice trail up this mountain where I live, just rocks and stuff. Might take it up there with some friends one of these days.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:18 PM
Lol. Yeah its fun. My buddy had a K5 blazer with a 3" body lift, and 33" mudders, and we tore that up! I forgot about it last night, but ill post pics of it and my truck when I get home. It is funny tho, when you see a 02 Escalade litereally covered roof rack to running board in mud. The way people look at you at red lights, PRICELESS!! It is especially funny when I pulled it into the hand car wash, and they looked at my like I was nuts, and actually told me to leave, that they wouldnt wash it there. I was like, OK! Never been turned away from a hand car wash before. AHH, those were the days!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search