Very quick photos of the SAAB - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Very quick photos of the SAAB
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:16 PM
Not too many updates as I recently moved and spent a month of so trying to figure out a air flow dilemma ultimately caused by oiled air filters killing my MAF. So, just a few quick pictures, nothing special.

Things that are new are 15mm spacers on the front, and an AEM Dryflow filter on the BSR intake. Next month should either be a tune or suspension overhaul, not sure yet. It's lowered 10mm already, but I think we need to go lower. Also, depending on the price and recent availability of Hirsch Performance parts for the U.S., I may pick up a few of those pieces.

Engine still needs a good cleaning.

And people some people in the past have asked for interior pictures.

Like I said, nothing special.

Re: Very quick photos of the SAAB
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:20 PM
how are they in the snow? i cant make my mind up to get 4 wheel drive or the saab. I would like the 4 wheel drive but done want to deal with gas prices and subarus dont do anything for me.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:23 PM
looks great, man... love the color. nice n clean!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:38 PM
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:35 PM
Not gonna lie. Kinda forgot about this car.

Looks good. Any exterior plans?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:54 AM
Very nice! Needs to go another 10 mm down. lol
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:41 AM
there you go again.... making me wish i had your front end.

Looks hot!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:46 PM
Thanks guys, I definitely want to lower it further. I'm looking at KW Coilovers currently, or may just do an Eibach kit. As for the rest of the exterior I'm pretty happy with it. I really really would like the Hirsch truck spoiler and rear diffuser. And will probably get some new wheels, same style just 18 or 19 inch.

As for it the car in snow, it's been the best FWD car I've ever driven in snow, great ESP program on these. Biggest problem would be clearance, because the body rides low on these even at stock height. And so you know, 09+ 93s are available with AWD.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:52 PM
im looking at the 05-07 style with the 2.0T or the 2.8T yeah i thought the high would be a problem because they sit so low.
Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:21 AM
Locally it is so damn hard to find a 9-3 with the 2.8T in it. The ones that you do find are well over $20,000, but I can find plenty of 2.0t..... It seems like that even with modding it's hard to get a 2.0T into the low 14's. I would love you have a 2.8T to mess with!!!

It's coming along for sure!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:37 PM
The09GXP wrote:Locally it is so damn hard to find a 9-3 with the 2.8T in it. The ones that you do find are well over $20,000, but I can find plenty of 2.0t..... It seems like that even with modding it's hard to get a 2.0T into the low 14's. I would love you have a 2.8T to mess with!!!

Yeah, 2.0T are real easy to find, and there is going to be a new tuning options available for them soon to quicken them up. But the real problem with drag racing with these is the major torque management in first and second gear. Really holds them back, but without it those gears are pointless with the 2.8T. I love it though, and hopefully I can get it tuned soon.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:51 PM
I would give up my GXP instantly for a Aero with the 2.8T in coupe or sedan form in auto or manual!

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:33 PM
The09GXP wrote:Locally it is so damn hard to find a 9-3 with the 2.8T in it. The ones that you do find are well over $20,000, but I can find plenty of 2.0t..... It seems like that even with modding it's hard to get a 2.0T into the low 14's. I would love you have a 2.8T to mess with!!!

Why would you buy that car to flog at a drag strip? .........

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Friday, April 01, 2011 8:21 AM
looks great, the more i look at these the more i want one.

I love that steering wheel.

CAR IS FOR SALE...Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Friday, April 01, 2011 8:44 AM
Zenith wrote:

Yeah, 2.0T are real easy to find, and there is going to be a new tuning options available for them soon to quicken them up. But the real problem with drag racing with these is the major torque management in first and second gear. Really holds them back, but without it those gears are pointless with the 2.8T. I love it though, and hopefully I can get it tuned soon.

its true.... i have my torque at 100% in all gears with HPT, and first gear its a waste at full boost.

With the new vtuner tune, the 2.0T is pulling low 6sec 0-60 times.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search