Almost 24 years later Finally another new car! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Almost 24 years later Finally another new car!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:30 PM
Here is my brand new 2011 honda civic LX(S) that I bought monday.Wanted a manual but,those are scarce and really my cav and trk are both manuals so it did not matter at this point.I needed a new ride due to age of both my old azz rides as they are out of date,and higher mileage.So now this is my newest acquistion and now my daily and it was literally 3 days to make it 24 yrs between it making it 24 yrs btwn buying a NEW car.My old daily was bought march 31,1987 in hs the cav was used and got from my sister in 98.I am super happy and NO shifting is actually nice.This is a BIG deal for me being the time gap and did not want a SI,just a civ being I always liked and yeah the 1.8 but super satisfied.

Re: Almost 24 years later Finally another new car!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:39 PM
To explain the time difference,I bought my 1987 mazda truck march 31,1987 brand NEW while a junior in high school.The cav I got from my sister in 98 which makes me the 3rd owner.So literally 2 days would have made it 24 years before another new car purchase!The trk is my daily (or was now) the cav a garage queen and covered.Just wanted to clarify things after I posted my orig and realized I left this important stuff off the story.Opps.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:39 PM
Only 24 years? What was the rush?
Very nice car, one of the best looking Civics ever. Happy trails with it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:24 AM
I wouldn't be too sad about the automatic thing. Honda makes a pretty good slushbox. Enjoy it!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:47 AM
Congrats! Thats basically my whole life that u waited for. If i woulda went that long. I would have went with something way nicer.

But, its yours. Enjoy it!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:52 AM
Why didn't you wait for the newer models to come out they,re gorgeous!!!

Nice purchase, a few months ago I was just about to sign the papers for one exactly like yours until I decided to go road test a Forte Koup SX and fell in love. Have fun!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:38 AM
You will love it. I have an 06 and the thing is awsome. Perfect for a DD. Dont be too unhappy about the auto, they are great in these cars. Cruise down the highway at 120km/h only turning 2500rpm.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:31 AM
not bad for a civic

i dig it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:14 AM
My mother had a red Cav and a black Cav like yours, but they were automatic.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you feel like you're driving a spaceship now with all the modern gizmo's in the Civic

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:05 AM
How long are you gonna keep this one?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:27 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:You will love it. I have an 06 and the thing is awsome. Perfect for a DD. Dont be too unhappy about the auto, they are great in these cars. Cruise down the highway at 120km/h only turning 2500rpm.

75mph at 1850 RPM in a 6 speed manual is a lot nicer.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:54 AM
Love it especially the LX-S with the black interior. That almost made me get the 4dr over the coupe.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:30 AM
My other car is a 2009 LX-Sport and i love it.
Be prepared to get the most amazing MPG's you've seen ever. Put a drop-in K&N in it and ditch the tubing attached to the air box and it has a nice little racy sound with even BETTER mpg's. have the black micro-suede sport interior, and it's true, it's an awesome interior. That was the closer, the seats are awesome i was sold. It's a really nice solid fun little car you'll love it.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:26 AM
There are 2 things I dont like about my 06, the grey interior and the lack of a clutch pedal
Aside from that, I love it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:29 AM
Great DD but I am not a fan of the body style... But congrats!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:54 PM
Thanks for comments.The LX s def has a kick azz interior.The seats are very comfortable and not having to shift is something I totally like.I will be keeping this for a longgggggggg time.It sits inside today and tomrrw due to rain.I just did'nt want it getting dirty already and drove the trk today.I know it will get wet,dirty but,being I just got it being garaged and still shiny clean.I debated the color at first was looking at the atomic blue metallic but,changed my mind being I always liked the polished metal more and do not see to many on the trim level I got like it.As for the new body style just did not get the vibe (2012) and always liked the current ten times over.That was reason for jumping on it asap so I could get the model and yr I wanted.My mother n law has a 08 dx kinda bland interior,and stupid wheel covers(I hate wc) espec after cleaning my wifes prev 95 ex civic for 9 yrs (had wc) and sold that and she sports a 04 accord ex(4cyld).Finding the lx s is getting real thin around here.I now have one.Thanks guys

Saturday, April 09, 2011 5:22 AM
Very nice. I have an 07 Civic in Blue....awesome vehicles.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:33 PM
I am def enjoying it and not shifting is actually pretty nice.I drive a tractor trailer so not shifting after a long day of doing my job is better.The mpg as pretty awesome on first fueling,about 171 miles city/hwy it was 32.Much better than my now parked pu with a 4cyldr,

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:28 AM
Welcome to the new millennium!!! You will love your Honda!!! If you made your Cavalier last 26 years, you'll probably have to put that civic in your will!!! Welcome to the dark side!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:36 AM
Love this car, me and my wife got a brand new 2010 one last year, 4 door but silver. Great gas mileage, cool features. My favorite thing is the damn steering wheel lol.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:23 PM
Yeah I am loving the darkside!!! (however secretely I have owned my mazda for 24 yrs since new) so I guess it has been incognito.The steering wheel is leather wrapped and a feature specific to the LX S models and the interior is super sweet(love the black).I dropped some cash on my mazda trk last wk new full exhaust price 426.00 but,holes everywhere,and had to do it to pass my safety inspection.The cav is ready for work new axles both sides have parts just need to do it.Plus doing some more resto stuff while in that process.I just got caught up on my projects last wk,so now I have free time to do daily stuff again.This car is so quiet,rides awesome and ALWAYS wanted a civic after my wife had one for nine years it was a 95 ex and super solid,sold that so she got a a 04 ex accord new.Could not be happier.

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:38 PM
Nice pick up. Enjoy the new ride.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:21 AM
Nice car, I love the color. I had a hard time deciding between that and the blue. Enjoy your ride, I know I am lol.

Quote:

Watching you parade around my bedroom in a thong was a little like watching sea lions mate.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:32 PM
You know after literally 24 years (two days separate it to be exact) I was F!!King astastic out the a## between buying my truck brand new and then buying the civic .It takes alot to make me super loco happy,and going for so long with my daily and knowing the day would come along where I would have to buy a new ride to replace it phenominal.I always like the dark grey metallic and love it.OMG the new car smell after all these years I am getting high!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:05 AM
Wait a few months before putting the stupid pine tree air freshners. LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search