new challenger - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new challenger
Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:51 PM
we traded in the 08 HHR SS for a 2010 Dodge Challenger. first Dodge ive owned but I just loved the way the Challengers looked, the wife will be driving it for the most part and we didnt want to increase our car payments at all so we found a leftover 2010 model. its the SE. but again i wasnt looking to increase my car payments esp when im also now paying on my trailblazer. so we got this. love it so far. only a few minor things ive noticed (no automatic lights, turn switch is a bit low for my likeing.) power for us is decent 250hp 245 torque or something close to that. RWD black interior. big interor. im 6'-4" and i dont even need to have the seat all the way back, first car ive drove that i didnt have to do that. looking at it there is so much i want to do with it. i know if i wanted i could drop 10 grand on it without blinking an eye. but need to get the sunfire finished and get caught up on our bills so modding will come slowly. the pinstriping will come off this weekend. as might the dodge emblems on the back, but looking at the car at work today with some friends one noticed that the dodge is imprinted into the clear glass so not sure if i'll like that. will just have to pull them and see. if i dont like how the glass looks it will go back on. will be ordering a new badge for the hood to get the ram off of there. probalby go with a black badge with the mopar symbol on it. or may come up with my own design.

here's the pics. and this is proabably the first car ive ever posed stock pictures of.

jason_1 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_2 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_4 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_5 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_10 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_8 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_9 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_7 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

jason_11 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: new challenger
Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:07 PM
approved thou it needs better wheels

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:13 PM
PLANS?!?!!?!!!

hahhaa... looks good!!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:42 PM
drove a 6 spd v8 awhile back and what really surprised me was how high up you are in that driver seat. i felt like i was in a truck. Nice car though!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:55 PM
I'm not big on Dodge, but they made the Challenger look pretty good. If someone put a gun to my head and said "You have to buy a new Dodge or I'll kill you." no question it would be a Challenger.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:04 PM
i really dont get the move from a practical family vehicle with 4 doors to a bachelor mid-life crisis car with only 2 doors but whatever works for you guys i guess!

love the color, man.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:42 PM
z yaaaa wrote:i really dont get the move from a practical family vehicle with 4 doors to a bachelor mid-life crisis car with only 2 doors but whatever works for you guys i guess!

love the color, man.

I kinda agree. But hey, at least you traded up. Nice car, nice color. I personally would have kept the HHR paid it off keep for practicality reasons, then got this as a fun 2nd car. But I hell, i don't know you maybe you don't get snow, or have kids or a house where you need to bring big stuff back from home depot. you might not even need the HHR.
Either way it's a nice car, enjoy.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Friday, April 15, 2011 4:33 AM
we have the trailblazer. bigger then the hhr plus it has a flipdown tv and playstation 2 in it for nolan.ever since i bought that in november any family driving is now done in that so the hhr was just a drive tara to work and back car. so as far as family hauling the hhr wasn't even needed. and we have never been the family to give up fun cars and go buy a mini van. nolan fits in the backseat fine. as for snow ive never really had an issue with rwd in the snow. when it does snow i'll likely give the trailblazer to tara to drive and i'll take this. we allready have 3 cars. doesnt make sence for us to keep the hhr and have another car just sitting in the driveway. not to mention after the hhr spending two weeks at the dealership trying to be fixed. new timing chaing, new cams, new sensors we were kinda done with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 15, 2011 5:06 AM
Love it!, that thing will sit right once lowered!!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, April 15, 2011 8:15 AM
guys at work were complaining because i told them im taking off the pinstripes. but then they told me to go out and get hemi badges for it lol.

lowering is one of the first expensive things on my list. hope to have that done by this summer.

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:28 AM
I really need a new camera, those are so crisp...lol..

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:46 AM
I love it man But i agree it needs better wheels and if it wasnt a DD I would say a mild drop. Well hell, i say you should drop it anyways. ;P

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:01 AM
Best looking modern land boat.
Seriously, to me this car has the best looks of the current muscle cars, with the Mustang being a close second. The Pentastar would have been a better engine all around, but being a left over 2010 model I understand the savings and beats buying used with low miles.
Love the color and of course, RWD > FWD any day.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:49 AM
yeah we looked at the mustangs and camaros but i just didnt like the interior of the camaros at all. and being able to get back into something with no miles and full warantee was a big selling point. i agree the new pentastar motors were nice (300 hp) and if they had offered 0% intrest on those like they were the 2010 i would have problaby gone up a few bucks in payment to get a 2011.

gt. we have been looking at wheels allready. just want to get the credit card paid off before i start spending any real money on this. have been looking at 22's in the back and 20's in front. with a 2" drop. but we will see. may just stick with 20's all around since its a DD

Friday, April 15, 2011 10:07 AM
Very nice man love it.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:19 PM
I don't do Dodge but that would be a Dodge I'd do.

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:56 PM
Nice ride,and color is very likeable.Interior looks pretty good.Cool buy no ?

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:41 PM
Nice buy, deffinately the best looking of the newer muscle cars.The only problem with the SE trim level is the power to weight ratio inferior to a Ford Model T.
Friday, April 15, 2011 8:52 PM
20s in the front and 22s in the back with a 2 inch drop would be shmecksy. I can't wait to see this. And I hear you on the credit card thing. Im in the same boat. Prbly going to pay it off before staging my balt.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:19 AM
i think 20/20 combo would be best for a DD, easy to rotate tires and not have to deal with replacing 2 every time...

Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:19 AM
Evol...??? wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:i really dont get the move from a practical family vehicle with 4 doors to a bachelor mid-life crisis car with only 2 doors but whatever works for you guys i guess!

love the color, man.

I kinda agree. But hey, at least you traded up. Nice car, nice color. I personally would have kept the HHR paid it off keep for practicality reasons, then got this as a fun 2nd car. But I hell, i don't know you maybe you don't get snow, or have kids or a house where you need to bring big stuff back from home depot. you might not even need the HHR.
Either way it's a nice car, enjoy.

I don't get how people think the things you think.
1. Driving RWD in the snow is only the "omg end of the world" situation because these days everyone has a FWD and is used to it. Some people grew up driving RWD year round in places like New England. I promise, if you are a mature adult with some driving ability, it doesn't matter what wheels are propelling the car. Some people aren't idiots on the road.
2. The car has a back seat. He didn't have 5 kids, sell the minivan and buy a Corvette. He sold a small vehicle he was bored with and bought a more fun one that can still take the family places. Like Jason said, he has a Trailblazer, so why preach like you guys think "kid" instantly equals "big, giant boring ass van or suv"??
3. Challenger V6 is a mid-life crisis car? Seems like any time someone doesn't give up having fun and getting what they want for family reasons, Brad, you get all negative and pissy. Just because YOU don't have fun and drive a mini-van, doesn't mean other people can't get through life and still get what they want.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:25 AM
i never said he couldnt do the same things with this new car as a family, ur putting words in my mouth. i simply meant the other one is the more practical one of the two. and for the record ive had plenty of fun in my 'giant boring ass' minivan.

it was a dead issue til you had to drag it back out for whatever reason, jason explained why and that worked plenty for me so....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 16, 2011 11:37 AM

Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:37 PM
SRT Headlamps would really set that front end off!
Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:56 PM
jason: looks tits. is that a red or a maroon/burgundy color? i think the 20/22s rake would look sweet, but vince has a point about rotating and tires. would it be in the budget to buy a set of both so you have two extra of each? probably not, but thats always been in my mind if i ever went that route. either way, the one thing ive never liked about the new challengers were the tires/rims. they just look so out of place for some reason

z yaaaa wrote:it was a dead issue til you had to drag it back out for whatever reason, jason explained why and that worked plenty for me so....

i love how any time someone disagrees with you or brings a counterpoint to your inane arguments, you cry that theyre bringing stuff back for no reason. jason has one kid and indiana is flat....a rwd v6 version of a muscle car is neither impractical for his situation nor is it a sign of a mid life crisis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 18, 2011 10:22 AM

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:56 AM
yeah im going back and forth on the wheels size on a daily basis, i have time to think about it. 20's seems way more practical. but i think even if i did 20's id do a 9.5 wide in the front and 10" in the back so even then the tires won't be rotatable. and with this i think im going to keep the stock rims for winter so the driving miles on the tires will be cut in half. so its still up in the air. yeah the rims on here i dont care for at all. every time i look at the car i love it, then i see the rims and it just kills the look so fast. hoping in the next 3 months or so to get the car dropped. hoping then maybe the wheels won't bother me as much.

funny thing is is i bought the mazda3 like 7 years ago. and since then we have had two hhr's and now the challenger and ive never replaced a tire on any of them lol. we were needing to change them every time we have traded them in.

tabs the color is like a deep dark red, with allot of flake, they call it pearl. but when its in the sun it reminds me of candy apple red. just a slightl ligher shade.

and we will never own a minivan. wife would rather die then be caught in one. i feel the same way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search