I sure do like superchargers! ( L32 Inside ) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I sure do like superchargers! ( L32 Inside )
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:41 PM
Hey guys, I went out and bought a new car as my wife said I could buy something else if she could have my cavalier, I was out the door before she could change her mind lol. She wanted a cavalier or something with good mileage, so I saw this as an opportunity to get something new for myself, and leave the cavalier modded and nice and keep it in the stable. Cavalier is getting an Eco swap and getting the AC put back in and she will drive it like it is.

I found an 04 Grand Prix GTP with the Comp-G package w/ 89k and below market value. I am pretty excited about it. It has the 3800 Series III, with the Gen V M90 Blower good for 260hp/280tq. It is completely bone stock, but next week it is getting my double din Pioneer HU and JL equipment from the cavalier. Also getting tint, HID's and a viper alarm in a few weeks. In the future I would like to pick up an intake, exhaust, pulley and mail order tune to get me into the 13s, just some bolt-on fun but ultimately I need it to stay reliable and it runs great as it is.

The ride is awesome and I love the Comp-G suspension and the TAPShift is pretty neat, but I don't use it often. It handles tight and has a lot of power on tap, but you dont feel every bump in the road ( unlike my sportlines on stock struts lol ). It is fully loaded with Heads Up Display, heated leather seats, power everything, Cold AC, good heat, lots of cargo space, Info Center, Boost guage, Everything but sunroof and monsoon. The cavalier is staying around and will probably stay in its current form for the most part and be a reliable decent looking DD for my wife.

As much as I like the GTP, I will always have some ridiculous love affair with my cav. I drove it today and was thinking how much I still love it. I just hope she takes as good of care to it as I do.

Re: I sure do like superchargers! ( L32 Inside )
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:48 PM
winning

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:51 PM
Yep, I like!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:02 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner....they match!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:03 PM
Good deal, ZZP time!

Come up and visit!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:15 PM
Thanks for the comments, I am pretty happy with it so far, Its been the only way I have been talked into going to the store, go pay the bills, or go grab dinner because now I can play with my new toy.

Joe, I was thinking the same thing, I have been doing a lot of reading about ZZP the last few days. I will def.bring it up next time there is a meet or something.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:41 PM
Nice looking GTP! I know what you mean with the feeling about liking the GTP but having a love affair with the J.....I have the same feeling.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:44 PM
Your Cavalier looks like a girl's car now
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:59 PM
its decent but it needs lower and wheels

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:01 PM
Nice Anthony ! I didn't know that you had one, I have a buddy with a base G6, its a pretty nice car, Id love to check out the GTP version of those.

Ashley... Well, I guess it belongs to a girl now, but its def. not a girls car. Otherwise it would be in a kitchen.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:05 PM
and I'm not planning on lowering or doing different wheels, because its got the rare Comp-G 17's that I love and the suspension package on it is awesome, no reason to change it. On the Grand Prix forums, people actually try to buy the Comp-G Struts and suspension components. Maybe if it was a base model, but otherwise i'm losing out on the reason I wanted the Comp-G in the first place.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:08 PM
Karnage wrote:Nice Anthony ! I didn't know that you had one, I have a buddy with a base G6, its a pretty nice car, Id love to check out the GTP version of those.

Ashley... Well, I guess it belongs to a girl now, but its def. not a girls car. Otherwise it would be in a kitchen.

YES!! HILARIOUS!!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:03 AM
gotta at least get some bigger wheels for it. the wheels on your wifes car look bigger. and you know what they say about little wheels dont you?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:22 AM
Good platform indeed, joe here has an 00 and an 04, and I'm top swapping the lesabre some point this winter.

Just do yourself a favor and avoid mail order tunes, regardless of where they come from. ZZP canned tunes are trash. I know they can tune well in person but the crap they throw on the mail order tunes just have me amazed that some of the cars last more then a month.

Any questions hit me up, and I may even have some spare parts for your to enjoy.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:49 AM
Very good looking car! Great engine! The only thing that bugs me is the interior that looks a bit too plain and plasticky for my taste. Otherwise you have a very fun ride.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:57 AM
Very nice.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:18 AM
nice choice, my brother has a 07 Grand Prix supercharged, Black , I did a wheel bearing on it recently and took it for a run after and she can move but she loves gas too lol, btw love the Cav too real clean , kinda the same look I'm goin for but 04 Cav.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Friday, September 16, 2011 2:06 PM
Wow, there are a lot of positive responses in this thread. I am really happy with the car so far, and I am glad everyone else likes it as well. I am doing a few things over the next couple weeks, but modding a second car is just not a priority for now. I will get my audio in there and windows tinted and alarm installed, and then all the other goodies will have to wait ( although this thing is begging for the intake, you can not hear the SC AT ALL, but with an intake the whine is pretty loud ).

According to the Infocenter, I get about 17.5 mpg. So its not great, but its not terrible for a S/C V6 . I got a lot less than that with the M45 ( 2.5" Pulley ) and tuned though. The previous owner/dealership has 87 octane in it, in the manual it said that it would perform a lot better with 93, so I am waiting for it to be on E, and fill it up with premium.

Jeffie, that's good to know and I will get a hold of you and see what you've got

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:29 PM
pssssh...silver wtf. who goes out and buys a silver car

nice purchase dude. have fun with it

Friday, September 16, 2011 3:16 PM
Pontiac =

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:59 AM
Am i the only one that noticed the wheels are different? It's like the Left side the "sawblades" are on the right way, but the right side they look like they're backwards.....that would make me flip lol

/OCD

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:54 AM
Nice, my brother has an 04? GXP and i love driving that thing, nothing like a family sedan with some power. The interior on those definitely make it a smooth ride.
Monday, September 19, 2011 8:42 AM
Karnage wrote:Wow, there are a lot of positive responses in this thread. I am really happy with the car so far, and I am glad everyone else likes it as well. I am doing a few things over the next couple weeks, but modding a second car is just not a priority for now. I will get my audio in there and windows tinted and alarm installed, and then all the other goodies will have to wait ( although this thing is begging for the intake, you can not hear the SC AT ALL, but with an intake the whine is pretty loud ).

According to the Infocenter, I get about 17.5 mpg. So its not great, but its not terrible for a S/C V6 . I got a lot less than that with the M45 ( 2.5" Pulley ) and tuned though. The previous owner/dealership has 87 octane in it, in the manual it said that it would perform a lot better with 93, so I am waiting for it to be on E, and fill it up with premium.

Jeffie, that's good to know and I will get a hold of you and see what you've got

nice to see it will get some mods to it.....only 17.5mpg??? man i get 15.5 in my TBSS but def look forward to what you do to that thing

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:00 AM
awesome buy! i purchased a '97 in 2004. Bone stock when purchased, i put an XP cam in, TOG headers, FWI, 3.3" pulley, and other little supporting mods. it ran a 13.3 with a 2.0 60'. the car was great, but i got stars in my eyes for a RWD V8 and sold it... well, here we are years later and i just picked up a black '04 Comp G, so i know exactly what you're talking about with the tightness of the car. only difference (other than color and wheels) is that mine's not a S/C car... anymore BW S256 turbo on it now. but definitely a great car. good choice!

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:25 AM
Haha Work, you should donate your m90 to the "get a m90 on my 3.9 ASAP" fund.

Jeff, get an intake on that thing like yesterday.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search