Leaked Pics of the C7 Corvette - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Leaked Pics of the C7 Corvette
Monday, November 14, 2011 11:18 AM
Well, apparently these surfaced earlier today. This is supposed to be the new Corvette to be shown at the 2013 auto show, and debut in 2014.

The source is from this site. C7 Corvette Leaked

I don't care much for the looks. Looks like a Corvette ran into the Camaro. The front looks good, but I don't understand why they would remove the classic Corvette rear lights, and replace them with those.

Re: Leaked Pics of the C7 Corvette
Monday, November 14, 2011 11:27 AM
I like it.....it really needed a shake up anyways....

Welcome to gamer generation.

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Monday, November 14, 2011 11:33 AM
It looks like the love child of a new camaro and a lotus
Monday, November 14, 2011 11:58 AM
I kinda like it. Rear is a little iffy, but other then that it's sweet.

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:07 PM
I like it.

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:32 PM
not a fan of the rear but overall i like it

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:39 PM
I dig it

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:48 PM
i like the whole concept....this is what it SHOULD have been 5 years ago.

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:55 PM
I like it too.

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:29 PM
As long as the 80 thousand vents are functional and they use round tail lights I have no issues with it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, November 14, 2011 2:31 PM
The Jew wrote:not a fan of the rear but overall i like it

x2

FU Tuning

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:10 PM
Vent in the hood is functional...

Not the first time I have seen these drawings, or overheard the designers/engineers.

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:15 PM
Looks like a 5th gen Camaro skull @!#$ a C6.

Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:As long as the 80 thousand vents are functional and they use round tail lights I have no issues with it.

As much as I like the round Corvette tails, I think there are way too many sharp lines in this car that they would look weird and out of place.

I have no signiture
Monday, November 14, 2011 6:34 PM
lol.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, November 14, 2011 7:35 PM
looks like it backed into the transformer camaro

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:26 PM
looks 4 seater with the back window that high...

overall i like it, it looks agressive for sure!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:22 AM
Not bad overall, though I'm hoping the change up the rear end...too similar to the camero. Needs some more uniqueness to be a 'vette.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:54 AM
My issue with the rear is it makes it looks cheaper, camaro ask. I like it overall but with the rear looking like a camaro it just feels cheaper. Any word on the new motor? I read somewhere, maybe here, it was going to be around 5 liters and DOHC.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:23 AM
The article I read said it was supposed to be a six cylinder, possible with a turbo. GM already said in an article that they will include a typical 8 cylinder for "enthusiasts", but they didn't rule out the turbo version.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:50 AM
I really like this. The Camaro tail lights are not my favorite, but the overall design/concept is definitely sexy. Gives the 'Vette a little supercar flavor mixed with American muscle.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:27 AM
Will take one in black. Thanks.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:13 AM
i don't care for it at all. all the lines of the car are way too busy, and it looks like it was designed in the 90's for a sci-fi future movie. personally, i think the c5 corvette was better looking than this. the lines were smooth and the curves were subtle. this just looks like the designers were trying too hard and just exagerated every line as much as they could, and just made it too over the top.

chevy is doing to the vette what dodge did to the viper, turn it from being a sexy sports car to an ugly pile of crap, i just hope the vette doesn't end up with the same fate as the viper: dead.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:14 AM
^Don't worry, it will not look like that. It is just some dude's renditioning in order to get Google clicks (ad money) on their crap site.
Also, Viper is NOT dead too. Fiat has major plans for the next Viper, which should be here in a couple of years, including of possibly adding a V8 to the line up.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:23 AM
I doubt this is anything close to what the C7 will look like. The front end possibly, that's about the best part of the design. The side strakes are way too large. No corvette has ever had windows behind the doors so I doubt they'd change that. The rear end looks like somebody from the fast & furious movies designed it, it's absolutely horrible and ruins the flow of the rest of the car. Why would you need useless vents above the rear tires when you have vents in front of them...

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:57 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^Don't worry, it will not look like that. It is just some dude's renditioning in order to get Google clicks (ad money) on their crap site.
Also, Viper is NOT dead too. Fiat has major plans for the next Viper, which should be here in a couple of years, including of possibly adding a V8 to the line up.

I read the stories about the pics. They were apparently taken out of a GM meeting for the new design. This is supposedly the design that they chose. Apparently once the pics hit online, one of the GM reps sent an e-mail reading "someone is getting fired over this".

Who knows if it is true or not. The internet is full of BS these days, lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search