2013 SRT Viper - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 SRT Viper
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:59 AM

It will carry a 8.7L V10 with upwards of more than 600HP. It will also carry the mandated stability control... a first for a Viper. I'll keep you all posted.
Facebook fans look here.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2013 SRT Viper
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:27 PM
:O Excited to see some actual shots of one of these! I'm sure it'll be killer.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:09 PM
98z24ragtop wrote::O Excited to see some actual shots of one of these! I'm sure it'll be killer.

x2

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:17 PM
stability control....... ugh, just isn't the same.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:59 PM
Isaak wrote:stability control....... ugh, just isn't the same.

You can thank the government for that! If I get a newer car, you can bet that stability control will be the second thing I remove from the car the day I take it off the lot. The first being TPMS.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:03 PM
ever rode in one? they are STUPID! friend of mine who is part owner of HPT has his he turned road race. didnt want to drive it on the street anymore so got a gallardo. with a car like that.... you gotta have it with the ability to turn it off. they are DUMB on the street. couldnt have any street fun in it at all. I think that will help sell them with the tc in it.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 7:24 AM
I don't think it's a bad thing especially if you have the option to turn it on or off. There are a lot of panic situations where a driver will just react, often times putting them and everyone else in a more sever situation. It's proven to save lives, not just on paper but in real life situations.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:20 AM
Copter wrote:I don't think it's a bad thing especially if you have the option to turn it on or off. There are a lot of panic situations where a driver will just react, often times putting them and everyone else in a more sever situation. It's proven to save lives, not just on paper but in real life situations.

but everybody is an uber L337 racecar driver who's god like abilities will only be held back by a computer that helps you not crash

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:55 AM
Darkstars wrote:
Copter wrote:I don't think it's a bad thing especially if you have the option to turn it on or off. There are a lot of panic situations where a driver will just react, often times putting them and everyone else in a more sever situation. It's proven to save lives, not just on paper but in real life situations.

but everybody is an uber L337 racecar driver who's god like abilities will only be held back by a computer that helps you not crash

qoute for truth!

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:50 AM
I'm generally a purist, but unless you're a really really good driver (I would say the kind that has lots of track time in a powerful RWD sports car), traction control in a car like that is a good thing. There are a good number of Viper owners that are track day veterans, but there are probably a lot more people that bought one to look flash in a powerful open top sports car.

Besides, if I ever had a IRL game genie and turned on the infinite money code, and wanted a powerful, balls to the wall you're probably going to die driving this car, I'd get one of these:

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:26 PM
newt wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

qoute for truth!

Exactly, Mario and the Stig have nothing on the skills of some of our fellow J-Body members

Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:56 PM
anddddd the ZR1 will prob still cost less and be a overall better car

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:51 PM

Looks like it could be fairly close.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:37 PM
That trademark grille...

Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:39 PM
Copter wrote:
newt wrote:
Darkstars wrote:

qoute for truth!

Exactly, Mario and the Stig have nothing on the skills of some of our fellow J-Body members

.... and some of your felow J-body members actually DO have quite aot of experience with 400-500+ horsepower RWD cars....

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:18 AM
Update.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:54 AM
The new badge looks much better

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:05 AM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:33 PM
interesting to say the least. It looks like the shot is taken from the top of the dash, looking over the shifter towards the passenger seat bucket.

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:38 PM
You know a car means business when they have to put an "oh sh*t!" handle that beefy in it lol...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:04 AM
Looks almost like Dodge actually decided that since they're getting into exotic car price territory, they had better FINALLY give the viper an interior worthy of that status. Chevy and the Corvette should get on that next.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:15 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Looks almost like Dodge actually decided that since they're getting into exotic car price territory, they had better FINALLY give the viper an interior worthy of that status. Chevy and the Corvette should get on that next.

...or it's because Chrysler is now owned by a company that actually knows how to build super cars.

I have no signiture
Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:13 AM
only 600hp from a huge V10? that thing should have 800 for what it is....

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:28 PM
Whalesac wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Looks almost like Dodge actually decided that since they're getting into exotic car price territory, they had better FINALLY give the viper an interior worthy of that status. Chevy and the Corvette should get on that next.

...or it's because Chrysler is now owned by a company that actually knows how to build super cars.

Well said.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:25 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Whalesac wrote:

Well said.

Whether it's the buyout or not, they did it right this time lol.

And Brad, there's more to cylinder count and engine design than just HP numbers. You wouldn't be able to push that car to it's limits as it sits, no matter how hard you tried. It doesn't NEED to come from the factory with 800HP to justify a V10, or to perform well.....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search