New wheels :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New wheels :)
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:52 PM
My new shoes arrived today! Stance SC-5 in matte silver with chrome lips. I know, they're essentially replicas of the Vossen CV3, but the spokes, step lip, and chrome lip differentiate them from the Vossens. That, plus the CV3s aren't offered in 19"s... so, specs on these are 19x8.5"/9.5" 35mm/38mm offsets F/R. Mounted on Achilles ATR tires, 225/35/19 and 245/35/19 (I wanted 235s for the front, but would've had to wait like 3 more weeks.... ). I didn't take many pics of the wheels pre-mounting, the UPS guy followed me up my driveway after class today and I ran them down to the shop to have 'em mounted, I was too excited. It got dark out, so I'll add daylight pics tomorrow! Also, they were missing a centercap when they arrived, already remedied and have one coming in a few days. Also, I'm ordering BC coilovers this week, hoping to have my stance dialed in for the ATL Hennessey Lexus meet the end of this month!
These shots are not great by any means (didn't realize I had the camera on manual focus until it was a little late and it was getting dark, so yeah...) but comments and criticisms welcome

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Re: New wheels :)
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:08 PM
looks really good but will definitely look better with the coilovers

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:25 PM
Mattmac1989 wrote:looks really good but will definitely look better with the coilovers

Oh good lord, it'll be 100x better! lol Should be ordered before friday and installed next week, if all goes well (fingers crossed).

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:30 PM
Looking great man! Nice choice of wheel! I love how concave the rears are! Cant wait to see the coils installed! This thread is full of win!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:35 PM
Wouldve looked better on a clean as hell black 95-99 Z24.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:13 PM
FireRedCav wrote:Wouldve looked better on a clean as hell black 95-99 Z24.

^ This
I guess I haven't been around that much. Had no idea you moved on. Clean sc300 for sure. Will check back in for suspension after shots.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:49 PM
Adam Risden wrote:Looking great man! Nice choice of wheel! I love how concave the rears are! Cant wait to see the coils installed! This thread is full of win!

Thanks man! I actually wanted to do those 9.5"s all around, really badly, but after test fitting, they would have stuck out a bit too far in the front, and I'd rather not ruin the fenders!

No 5x100 bolt pattern available, plus 19's would've been a bit much on the vert! But bagged, they would have probably looked freaking sick, haha. I'd love to see a chop of my old car on these wheels...
Spalattero wrote:

^ This
I guess I haven't been around that much. Had no idea you moved on. Clean sc300 for sure. Will check back in for suspension after shots.

Yep, I sold the vert back in September actually! Got $5,900 for it and the extra parts I kept and sold later! I miss it on nice days like this when the sun is shining, but the power and style of the SC is far nicer. And my girlfriend has a 2000 Sunfire sedan, so I'm not totally out of the J scene, yet, lol

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:33 PM
looking good bro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:31 PM

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:02 PM
They'll look better soon. I'll wait til then.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:24 PM

Just ordered these. Should be nice and low next week!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:48 PM
looking good

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm officially back to my photo-whoring days

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:16 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm amazing! am loving the wheel choice for sure.

now why the hell cant we have some NICE coilovers like that with the black and silver part coloring?! instead we have to get bright ricer colors. lol

(ps, where the hell is the right rear center cap? )

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:54 AM
we do, from BC AND BG.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:50 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm amazing! am loving the wheel choice for sure.

now why the hell cant we have some NICE coilovers like that with the black and silver part coloring?! instead we have to get bright ricer colors. lol

(ps, where the hell is the right rear center cap? )

It was missing! I called the shop I got the wheels from and it should be here in a few days! Stance must have missed putting it in the box... and thanks! I love them too, I kinda wish I went with one size wider tires all around, but they might be better once I go lower! and Arnel chopped the car lower, I'm sooooo excited!

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:49 AM
Never really have liked these cars....not sure why....just something about them.

BUT, that said, your's looks titties good sir! Keep it up

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Friday, April 13, 2012 10:39 AM
Best. Wheels. Ever.
Friday, April 13, 2012 11:55 AM
Hotness!

Will look great w/ suspension!

Friday, April 13, 2012 12:18 PM
slvrblit wrote:Never really have liked these cars....not sure why....just something about them.

BUT, that said, your's looks titties good sir! Keep it up

Different strokes Thanks, though! Glad I could sorta change your perspective on the model
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:Best. Wheels. Ever.

Haha, I'm definitely damn impressed with them so far. The 4th centercap arrived yesterday too, so it all looks good! Although I need two more lugs... lol
Joe Schulte wrote:Hotness!

Will look great w/ suspension!

Thanks Joe! I'm hoping so! The wheels fit perfectly, so hopefully once its lowered I won't need to space them out or anything...

Monday, April 16, 2012 1:22 PM
UPDATE!

should be installed Wednesday!

Monday, April 16, 2012 1:34 PM
HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:59 PM
another update:
I know it's not as low as the cool stance kids, but its pretty low for now. just got an alignment (after this quick pic), so there's less camber all around now. If i go any lower, I need the fenders rolled and then I'll have to run more camber than I'd like, so this should do for now! sorry for the @!#$ty instagram picture, I only have a few iphone shots, so the dslr ones will come this weekend!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:07 PM
looking good!!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:00 PM
Yeah it would look a ton better if the tires weren't stretched. Or a larger tire as well. Otherwise I think they look better than the last set on there.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:11 PM
I had ordered those same wheels for my G8. Love the design. Then seeing them on a G8 made me realize that they don't lok as good on the G8 as they do on other cars. Giovanna makes a version of this wheel design in other colors as well including all chrome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search