classic dubya - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
classic dubya
Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:27 PM
Far from perfect but its cheap, easy on fuel, solid, rwd, manual, and a ton of fun!

I give you, my 1974 BMW 2002

This thing runs like a top, no leaks, already has a bigger carb (36/32), header, adjustable struts, new dizzy, fluids, blah blah blah. Came with 2 spare doors (sans dents), spare trim, spare interior trim (some from tii's), spare transmission, and a set of ugly gold enkei rims on relatively new rubber. Bought it for an alright price of $1500 dollars, which compared to alot of cars around here is a pretty slick deal. Only issue the insurance inspection had was the horn was hit or miss sometimes (bad ground I believe), other than that and two small spots of surface rust and paint peeling on the roof it is solid. All the bells and whistles work, the momo wooden wheel feels awesome, only real concern is the transmission gets a little rough on full days of spirited driving.

Gonna be fixing her up, putting a bit more go under the hood, doing some suspension and brake work, and some body work over the next year or so... Hope you like it!

and yes, those bumpers will be coming off sooner than later lol

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Re: classic dubya
Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:30 PM
Also, main reason I got it for a decent price was because this dude bought it for his kid, did some work to freshen it up, his kid took one look at it, hated it, bought a prelude, crashed the prelude, and needed money to fix the prelude... I dont know what that kid was thinking taking a gaylude over classic german sensibility (lol)

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:37 PM
Nice man! I look forward to seeing how the project develops!

Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:26 AM
i've been wantin one of these forever and u got one for $1500? u lucky bastard lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:29 AM
/inb4JLAudioCavalier threatenstostealit!!!

But in all seriousness, I love the older Bimmers, actually I love all older german cars in general. Like a good liquor, they just get better with age.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:32 AM
mint!

Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:41 AM
How much you want for it

Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:38 AM
Is it a bad thing I might be the "'kid' who takes a Prelude over a classic German car". Anyways... Not my style but I still love the idea of saving that car from a young kid that would just crash it, His wreaked Prelude is all the proof of that I need. I only beg one thing of you. Don't follow trends, do what you think will make it look good.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:39 AM
Nice score man. That model is a classic!

Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:06 PM
i love 2002's. I'm currently in the market for a good roundie project that is not rusted out, it wont be to long before I'm in one.

Looks good man, they are fun little cars.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:06 PM
Nice score you stole it for $1500

ha ha were you actually going 110 when you took that picture?

Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:15 PM
For the lack of Anoninimty on the web I can neither confirm nor deny the speeds being travelled.

I appreciate the comments, and believe me it gets driven everyday and appreciated. I'm not easy on it, it begs to be driven hard on twisty roads but all within its limits. I'm gonna be taking her auto crossing this summer as much as I can, and doing some car shows. Right now I'm trying to decide if the trip down to the states is worth it as the round tail light models can be snapped up for dirt cheap in smaller towns and build that one aswell. This car is under my skin, and I just can't get enough of it. Every day I drive it people ask me about it, wave, point, it's awesome!

If you guys can find a decent one to pick up at a decent price, do it! It's an amazing little car and relatively cheap and easy to work on

Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:51 PM
i'm a big fan of 02's and the 00 sedans, not that you see many and E21's also. that is a superb buy for the money. I always preferred the later car to the round lights, If i had that I would put on euro bumpers, not just a strut shortening, I prefer the flow of the chrome bumpers around the sides or a turbo front valance, maybe a sedan quad headlamp grille (minus those driving lamps) and drop it on some BBS RS's or similar.

sort of like this

is a round light, belongs to my buddy's, brother's brother in-law, the 19 year old in the picture. i've only riden in it, not had the pleasure of driving it but i fell in love with it.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:00 PM
Do want.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:43 PM

Gonna hopefully be picking up a set of panasport minilite 15s on Tuesday, should look pretty slick!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:43 PM
Probably not so wicked of a lip though lol

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:07 PM
guess ill go against the grain i think its ugly as sin.

love that you love it though!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, April 30, 2012 8:01 AM
Definitely a fan of the Euro front over that massive chrome bumper, should look good on those wheels too!

and one shooting flames for fun!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:34 AM
4 cylinder ate some hardware... now im gettin sexual with a 6 cyl/5 speed swap...

Oh yeah, heres the rims I picked up too, she needs some spacers though

Keep ya guys posted

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:44 AM
Sweet!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:27 PM
Very nice. Unfortunately, the closest I'll get to one of these is my 2002 Turbo in Forza 4

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:23 AM
Very nice dude. I love these cars. There is a MINT red one dropped about 2 inches across the street from my place. I drool everytime I walk past it.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:26 AM
Love the minilites. A car that nice at that price, especially in Alberta, is basically stealing.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:41 PM
DavefromEngland wrote:

I know, Dave, it was just an example, but those wheels in the pics of the green car look like Enkei 92's, and not anywhere near BBS RS's lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:55 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:guess ill go against the grain i think its ugly as sin.

love that you love it though!

You're not alone......

...... although with the initials BMW, I have to love everything from Bayerische Motoren Werke.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search