2014 Chevrolet SS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2014 Chevrolet SS
Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:43 PM

From GM...
Chevrolet today announced the return of a V-8 powered, rear-wheel-drive performance sedan to the U.S. lineup, the Chevrolet SS. The SS will also be Chevrolet’s next NASCAR Sprint Cup racecar and will debut in its race configuration at the 2013 Daytona 500.

The limited production version of the Chevrolet SS will be a 2014 model and will arrive in dealer showrooms in late 2013. It is the first time in 17 years that Chevrolet will offer a rear-wheel-drive sedan for sale in the United States.

Chevrolet has a long history of using the SS (Super Sport) designation on high-performance models of some of its most enduring nameplates. The SS designation first appeared in 1957 on a Corvette prototype race car built under the guidance of Zora Arkus-Duntov with the plan to enter it in the Le Mans 24-hour race.

The first production vehicle offered with an SS option was the 1961 Impala – 453 were built with the performance upgrades which included a modified chassis and suspension, power brakes, a steering column mounted tachometer and unique wheels and tires. The latest SS model in the Chevrolet lineup is the fifth-generation Camaro, which debuted in 2010.

The Chevrolet SS will be a derivative of the award-winning global rear-wheel-drive architecture that spawns performance vehicles like Chevrolet Camaro and Holden’s upcoming VF Commodore. The much anticipated Australian-built car will benefit from significant technology advances which enhance overall performance.

“As a passionate race fan and performance enthusiast, I am thrilled that Chevrolet will deliver a true rear-wheel-drive NASCAR racecar in the SS that is closely linked to the performance sedan that will be available for sale,” said Mark Reuss, president of GM North America. “The Chevrolet SS is a great example of how GM is able to leverage its global product portfolio to deliver a unique performance experience that extends beyond the track. I am personally looking forward to driving it.”

Chevrolet was America’s best-selling performance car brand in 2011 with Camaro and Corvette accounting for one out of every three sports cars sold in the United States. The addition of the SS should strengthen Chevrolet’s position as a leading performance brand.

NASCAR prototype edition

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2014 Chevrolet SS
Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:03 PM
why does it look just like an impala? LOL

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:11 PM
With all the @!#$ names in their portfolio & Chevy's history and SS is the best they can come up with >:o . Caprice, Chevelle, Bel Air, Nova are just a few off the top of my head that would've been better than SS.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:15 PM
Because Nascar's idea of repping a specific car is just chevy stickers. I wish we actually had a mainstream Touring car series, not 30 of the same car(with different stickers) running 300-400 miles in a circle. Nascar is NOT a selling point to me, but it sadly is to most of the "racing" fans.

But i imagine that it is just another rebadged Holden Commodore.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:47 PM
Isn't this going to be a rebadged Holden Commodore (aka Pontiac G8) ?

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:58 PM
I'm a Nascar fan, but nascar does not sell cars to me. Nothing about Nascar cars has been anything like factory in a very long time.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:48 PM
V8 and Rwd has me intrigued.

Friday, May 18, 2012 4:28 AM
SunfireN2o wrote:Isn't this going to be a rebadged Holden Commodore (aka Pontiac G8) ?

ding ding ding we have a winner folks

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/australia-prepares-for-holden-vf-commodore-based-chevy-ss-for-export/

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, May 18, 2012 6:41 AM
Me want!
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:03 PM
it is about time they brought back the G8

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:55 PM
I hope it comes with a manual trans option.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:44 PM
Too bad they wont put the 1.4t in it. lol
Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:42 PM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:Too bad they wont put the 1.4t in it. lol

No.. this is a full sized car, therefore it gets a motor that isn't missing half it's cylinders

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:14 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

No.. this is a full sized car, therefore it gets a motor that isn't missing half it's cylinders

lol the 1.4 might as well be a third of its cylinders.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:38 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

lol the 1.4 might as well be a third of its cylinders.

but it has a whomping big turbo!

Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:06 PM
Was the naming guy on vacation? Buncha unoriginal retards.

Whats the point of the masking on the NASCAR version? They all have the same shape. Youre not hiding much. Haha

Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:14 PM

nose to c-pillar is a cavfire with a body kit. prove me wrong.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:05 AM
I don't see a G8 . . . I see a Monte Carlo
Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:31 PM
I see g8

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:30 PM
The pics you uploaded, look like a G8. The first pic uploaded looks like a Monte Carlo, specially with that spoiler in the back.
Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:50 PM
Yeah I know, i was just busting your balls.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~

Monday, June 04, 2012 6:31 PM
Looks like a Holden to me....

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:46 AM
Tinkles wrote:Looks like a Holden to me....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:06 AM
Got mine. :-)

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:04 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search