Newer car shopping...ideas please - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newer car shopping...ideas please
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:15 PM
IV started a new car fund...as of now i have my sights set on getting a GTO...any other ideas? My price range will most likely be in the 10-13k range..i prefer a 2 door..and im shooting for a nice daily driver with some power..

Re: Newer car shopping...ideas please
Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:46 AM
Gto, wrx, Volvo s60r just 3 that came to mind when I was thinking of fun dd's in that range.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:02 PM
I might suggest a honda accord coupe.Nice body style,reliable,retain value and yeah only v6 but super nice car.For your price range something like this might be on interest or not.Just a thought to see if this fits your criteria.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:16 PM
G35? Impreza WRX? I think for that money, you won't get much of a GTO. Its a hard find, but I bet you could get a well maintained older M3 for that money. There are lots of great cars out there, you just have to broaden your view a bit. I'd consider a Mk4 Supra to be in that range, too. Maybe less. I think you're after something rear wheel drive, yes? I'm sure there are some Lexus cars that would fit the bill, too. It all depends on your idea of "some power". Are you looking for 400+ to shred tires, or would 250-400 fit the bill?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, September 21, 2012 1:57 PM
I just want a nice dd...and since im a Pontiac gm fan already..the gto seems like something id like because iv drove 1 and theyre nice and roomy for me and the leather seats are pretty comfy...like I said I just want a decent dd that I can have fun when the time comes..i also know they dont get terrible gas mileage as long as u keep ur foot outta the floor...also want something u dont see everyday, and I prefer it to be all motor power..and as far as price I have looked around and i believe i could get a nice 1 with the right deal comes along...my goal is to save about 3 or 4k by April or may and borrow the rest so i have time to look

Oh and Ron i would be my dad is actually looking into getting 1 of those here soon.haha

I have thought about a 2 door Altima 3.5 but theyre a bit outta my price range iv also looked into a newer civic si and they are in my exact price range but i keep thinking i can have a 200 hp civic or a 400hp beast.lol for the same price.lol

Friday, September 21, 2012 2:03 PM
Also got a friend with a 04 Cts v that needs to be taken down a few notches...since he's always talking s*** about the Pontiac.lol

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:34 PM
5.7 gto hands down

see ya!

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:43 PM
I can see your choices and why.I know when I bought my new 11 civic I considered a si but,ouch on the price range like 25 -26 was a touch more than I wanted to shell out.Plus I was not crazy about the whls and car payment jacked up.I just wanted a brand new civ,and chose the LX-S for several grand less and more to my liking.This is my 2nd new car after 24yr so I wanted to be happy with it for a long while.I still have my trk from 87 bought new in hs,so I keep things a long time.Good luck plus you have time to narrow your search anyway.

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:18 PM
Novaracer- I thought about the 04 model with the ls1 with a cam and a tune it can be at 400+ just like the 05,06 models with the 6.0 ls2 which is 400 stock..but if I have my choice im prolly gonna go with 2006 just because they have certain features added on that differ from the 1st 2 years...although you can get the 5.7 a bit cheaper. But it really depends on the deal i can come across..i just want it to be a lower mileage.well maintained car..

Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:19 PM
My little brother has a 05 gto 6.0L that car fun to drive lol. also have not had one issue with it since me and him bought it 2 years ago.
Monday, September 24, 2012 3:11 PM
if you don't mind 3 extra doors, i just bought a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 and love the hell out of it. 07-09's are around that price range.

Monday, September 24, 2012 8:48 PM
Yeah the 06 gto is a great car and can be silly fast it just needs more tire

see ya!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:14 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Gto, wrx, Volvo s60r just 3 that came to mind when I was thinking of fun dd's in that range.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:29 AM
novaracer wrote:Yeah the 06 gto is a great car and can be silly fast it just needs more tire

Our GTO went 12.9 in the 1/4 with just a intake and cat back exhaust. That car is fast. If it had better tires and didn't spin a lot of the line it would have been in the lower 12s.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:45 PM
I just thing its time to have 8 cylinder rumble...all iv ever owned is 4,6 and rotary.lol

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:12 PM
Thought about mustang gt? Another affordable and reliable v8 option

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:39 AM
Gm fan plus every 1 has a mustang.lol

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:27 PM
get a fox body and LS swap....done

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:59 PM
Sounds cool but this isn't guna be any kind of project..just a newer dd since iv never owned anything newer than a 97.lol

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:30 PM
Daniel Cooper wrote:Gm fan plus every 1 has a mustang.lol

We all have our preferences. I am actually planning on another car purchase in the next couple years, but unlike the majority of the people, I have my preferences, but don't rule anything out just to stay brand loyal

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:56 PM
Also consider just trying things out.

I did want a GTO at one time, and still wouldn't rule it out. I did, however, hear of some major rear end concern or rear suspension concern. Can't remember exactly what it is, but do some research before blindly diving into a car that might not be right for you or your needs.

In the 10-13K range, you have options. Like I said, try stuff out. Go see some cars in your price range that might be of interest and test drive em. I mean, cheap or noisy interior, fit and finish, reliability, longevity etc. all sound like things you might want to look into and experience before making that kind of a purchase for a car you sound like you'll be spending a lot of time in.

Also, I see you live in GA. You don't have the major snow concerns like we do in the Midwest and Northeast. So your options open up more too.
You could stick to your guns and go full blinders into a GTO because you THINK it's the only car for you, but you have options.
Trans-Am?
Camaro?
WRX? AWD is fun too I'm with you on not buying a new fancy car and getting something so boring and crappy as FWD, but don't rule out AWD
Like I said, Mustang GT is tough as nails, V8, and RWD. Or if you go a bit older, you can find some nice 4v Cobra's in that price range.

It seems like every suggestion is met with "Well this is why the GTO is better". Open your mind a bit. Sounds like you already made the choice and just made a thread hoping we'd all say "Yup, that's the only car you should get".
Also, an 05-06 6L GTO is going to be HARD to find in that price range without a salvage title, high miles, and damage.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:53 AM
Here's my list RWD and AWD in your price range. Don't limit yourself to brand loyalty, you'll be missing out on some great cars.
Firebird
Trans-Am
Solstice
Saturn Sky
Camaro 98-02
mustang 99-04
300c 5.7
charger 5.7
Magnum 5.7
S2000
G35
350z
most Yellow evo's lol
Impreza/WRX
Legacy
and yes the GTO.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:28 PM
well iv also been looking into g35s too...and as far as my 2 door coupe preference....yes I like them..and yes I love the stylings of most 2 seaters but I also like having a back seat so unfortunately stuff like a solstice,s2k are out.lol plus im kind of a big guy.lol and some of the others im not too sure about having a t/c or s/c car. And iv thought about something like a charger but the only problem there is if I get 1 ill be called a copy cat since there's already a 06 Daytona in the family.lol my true dream car is a trans am...and ill admit there are some nice 1s out there but im still leanining towards the anything from a 04- newest I can find in my range.. but like I said I got plenty of time to look...and not to be judgemental but yes I am comparing everything to a GTO just because that is the car that meets all my personal preferences so far.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search