Sunflower's dead, onto the next small GM car. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunflower's dead, onto the next small GM car.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:39 PM
Well, due to an unfortunate serious of events caused by a Silverado, i have decided that i get a "new" car, back to a 5 speed once again thank god.
Due to some jerk off changing lanes abruptly and putting me off the road... then proceeding to drive on as if nothing ever happened... my 01 Sunflower took some damage, bent the k-frame, control arm a bit, tore most of the plastic off the bottom on the passenger side, somehow bent my front fender, crushed the motor mount, tore cv boot, etc, etc... Afterwards my car was still "drivable" but the wiring harness was hanging out from underneath of it, not being too far from home i decided to zip tie it all up with some i had in the trunk and made my way home, not realizing that the computer had come out of it's mounted position, part way home the computer fell out where i then ran it over and pulled every wire out of it. Giving i paid $800 for this car in the first place, i decided it's not worth fixing.

So, i went online and found myself another GM car... so far i don't like it as much as the j-bodies... but it will due for now.
2001 Saturn SC1, 5 speed.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track

Re: Sunflower's dead, onto the next small GM car.
Friday, September 28, 2012 4:38 AM
Nice although those are a bit more cramped than the Saturn sedans and wagons and rear headroom sucks. Just keep an eye on the oil level and it will be ok .

Friday, September 28, 2012 5:57 AM
I approve, and watch for the AIR code to pop up. Clean the tube from the pump to the exhaust manifold out to keep it at bay.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:10 PM
Rear passengers can worry about the headroom, not my problem haha. I'm liking the third door though. As for room, definitely a bit cramped, but there's usually no more than one person in it at a time so it doesn't really matter.
I was actually trying to find a 4 door, 5 speed, Cavalier, i looked at one for the same price but the clutch was damn near shot, could feel it slipping when i shifted, and the motor ran like hell, there was a slight incline going up to buddies house and in 1st gear at about 30km/h it was struggling to get up it.

Got a couple engine codes, still needs a few things, i don't remember if AIM was one of them or not but i can find out easy enough. Needs exhaust work desperately which i will be doing this weekend, i did the brakes on it, needs a thermostat which i just need to stop slacking and put in.

Pick away at it, car's a bit gutless but that's probably a good thing, keep me out of trouble lol.
I know the guy that has my old Cavalier, i was trying to get him to sell me it but i couldn't talk him into it

This bright yellow Cavy is by far the best vehicle i have ever owned, i regret selling it to this day.

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:27 PM
Was driving to work Wednesday morning when the car started to misfire, checked it once i got to work and was only running on 2 cylinders, wasn't putting out a misfire code though, but thought maybe it was the coil anyway due one coil controls 2 cylinders... was driving over to a friends house who had a spare coil for one when i lost another cylinder and the car couldn't even keep itself going anymore, coasted to a stop, wouldn't restart.

Towed it over to my mechanics house and took my dad's truck to get 2 coils, changed them, same problem, took out the spark plugs, one was pitted, one was bent, and one was completely missing the diode (i think that's what the end of it's called), flooded extremely, tried a few things, still wouldn't start... Did a compression test...
Cylinder 1 - 100lbs
Cylinder 2 - 54lbs
Cylinder 3 - 28lbs
Cylinder 4 - 21lbs

I didn't pay much for this car... but i drove it for a month and now the motor's toast, we believe the piston rings are shot, potentially more issues as well, sounds like it may have jumped time as well.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:17 PM
sounds like the previous owner didn't take care of her very well if the body is in great shape it might be worth putting another motor in it.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:54 AM
If you decide to rebuild. then either drill oil relief holes in the piston or replace with aftermarket pistons. It stopped my oil burning problem on my SOHC sedan. Good motors if taken care of and really easy to get parts for as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search