'94 chevy rebuild - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'94 chevy rebuild
Friday, December 07, 2012 4:43 AM
Hey guys, what's up? It's been a long time since I've been here. Don't have the J anymore. Driving a '94 chevy Cheyenne with the 4.3l V6 with the vortec and a 2010 chevy impala. Currently I'm rebuilding the Vortec which is why I stopped by. Was needing some help. Motor is torn down waiting to go to shop to be cleaned. I'm staying stock but replacing damn near everything. I've got parts soaking in chem-dip right now including the throttle body parts. Question: what exactly does a throttle body spacer do? Since staying stock, will it even be worth getting?

Re: '94 chevy rebuild
Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:33 PM
As far as I have see, they just make the throttle body sit higher. I would not bother. If you're going for a stock rebuild, then stay with stock parts. They are supposed to increase power somehow, I doubt you'd notice anything at all though.

I have a 96 4.3 GMC, basically the same truck. How many miles on yours before you started the rebuild?

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:54 PM
TB spacers are only beneficial for adding a n2o nozzle... or if you are in a old carb setup car/truck. At least that is what I have heard from everyone else that I know...

Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Matt, I'm not sure on the actual mileage. I bought the truck from an individual cpl years ago. None of the gauges were accurate as i found that out after inbought it and started driving it. It was just smoking pretty bad so I parked it and started the rebuild.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search