Finally got a honda for a project car - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally got a honda for a project car
Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:32 AM
Well i still have the Z but its going to DD. i been wanting a 92-95 EG hatch and it could of been and any trim level but a si fell in to my lap im going to drive it alittle till i gather the body stuff then rip into it

Re: Finally got a honda for a project car
Monday, February 04, 2013 4:34 PM
Gotta love the ole EGs! The Z6 is a solid engine to work with but Im partial to my twin cams. H22 swap it and eat some Camaros!

Good luck with the body work. It looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Monday, February 04, 2013 4:38 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Gotta love the ole EGs! The Z6 is a solid engine to work with but Im partial to my twin cams. H22 swap it and eat some Camaros!

Good luck with the body work. It looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you.

its going to have a sleeved gsr with a holset hx-40 as for the z6 its already sold but none of this will happen till the end of the summer i got to get the body ready..panels are already ordered with the rockers

Monday, February 04, 2013 4:39 PM
B series are bolt in, with factory parts, so I'm told.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Monday, February 04, 2013 4:41 PM
Oedwards wrote:B series are bolt in, with factory parts, so I'm told.

Thatd be correct my good sir.

If you wanna be cool Ive got a full LS sitting in my friends garage Im trying to get rid of. LSVTEC. Toooooooorque.

I had a pretty nasty build sheet set up for one. Just waiting for the time and money.

Monday, February 04, 2013 4:42 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:

If you wanna be cool Ive got a full LS sitting in my friends garage Im trying to get rid of. LSVTEC. Toooooooorque.

I had a pretty nasty build sheet set up for one. Just waiting for the time and money.

pm me a price plz just looking at other options if i can't get a gsr

Monday, February 04, 2013 5:02 PM
PGHCav wrote:
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:

pm me a price plz just looking at other options if i can't get a gsr

PMed.

But seriously for the price youre probably going to pay for a junk B16 or GSR block you can get a nicely worked LS bottom end. At least last time I looked around here. Definitely do your homework and do what you wanna do but you cant beat a turbo LS for bang for the buck. Look into the P8R head from a B20Z. Almost identical flow as a B16A VTEC head without all of the VTEC nonsense.

If you cant tell, I love ma Hondas.

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:47 PM
well i have always wanted this car and i finally got one it will be built the way i want it. if it even takes me along time to get all the stuff so be it i still have my cavalier as for vtec well i will be keep it and thats that lol.. my main pick is a gsr before any thing elas and i can't afford a k swap

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:05 PM

Just got my quarter panels and rockers in the mail yesterday

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:36 AM
EG FTW

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:14 AM
I have the same desire for a project like this. Just lacking the room ATM and need to finish up what I have.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:24 AM
Idk how i missed this thread. I joined the honda club last year, 91 ED. Love 'em now.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:10 AM
looking forward to seeing the restore on this!

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:42 AM
I drive a 1990 ED4 as well. It has a b18b1 swap.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:51 PM
oldskool wrote:I have the same desire for a project like this. Just lacking the room ATM and need to finish up what I have.

I been wanting a EG/EH3 Hatch for some time hell since i was in a turboed crx it all started then
michael castrechino wrote:Idk how i missed this thread. I joined the honda club last year, 91 ED. Love 'em now.

yeah i want to get rid of the the z24 and buy a honda beater
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:looking forward to seeing the restore on this!

im going to be on your level that you are with cavaliers lol once i get my engine i am ripping the whole car apart i need to find a newer engine cradle i wanna wire wheel it and get it
A. powdercoated
B.Wire wheel it and por15 it
Oedwards wrote:I drive a 1990 ED4 as well. It has a b18b1 swap.

i could get a b18b1 but im just going to save and buy the motor i really want. which is a B18C1.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:53 PM
And the car is staying milano red i was going to paint the car hawaiian orchid metallic

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:21 PM
The infamous Milano Pink! Hahaha. One of my favorites next to Midori Green.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:39 PM
Well i ordered some of my leds yeah i know its just leds and i was bored
ordered
Reverse lights
license plate
dome light
the light thats in the hatch

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:40 PM
i need to find a dome light cover

Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:35 PM
well another update i don't need pics of it but i ordered a brand new dome light cover and front bumper cover,once i have my carbonfiber duckbill ordered and front carbonfiber lip the car will be going in to the shop to get the body work done

Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:36 PM
i ment i got my front bumper cover and i ordered a brand new dome light cover

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:47 PM
Well i have a carbonfiber duckbill, to install and installed my dual core radiator and i got my car looked at to get a quote for the body work they will be emailing me the final price

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:01 PM
Good deal. Still sticking with the Milano Red for sure?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:09 PM
It all depends on your power goal. Don't let that little single cammer slammer fool you. The vitara rods and eagle piston combo with some boost will make some good power. I've actually got a 99 dx with a z6 swap im building and boosting.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:17 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:It all depends on your power goal. Don't let that little single cammer slammer fool you. The vitara rods and eagle piston combo with some boost will make some good power. I've actually got a 99 dx with a z6 swap im building and boosting.

Building a Z6 for 400+ whp as we speak.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search