My 2011 Lancer GTS - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 2011 Lancer GTS
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:17 PM
I haven't been around as much as I used to once I sold the Cav.. but I may start coming back around. I got banned from one of the lancer forums (9glancers.com) cuz one of the mods is a douche lol.

Anyways, I spun a rod bearing on the Cavalier back in 2011. Got tired of it and didn't wanna fix it, so I sold it and bought my Lancer. I don't have many before pics, I can't f'n find em all. But here we go.

Last pic I have of the Cavalier....

When I bought the Lancer.

Had some bad luck with her. Don't have real good pictures, but in 2011 someone backed into me in a parking lot, dented my rear bumper on the passenger side and left some black marks. $700 to fix, and I didn't have the cash at the time. So i just popped it back out as best I could. Also had my driver's side window smashed in and my Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD headunit stolen, so i'm back to stock...

Here's how she sits today. Not too many mods.

LED interior lights and license plate lights
3M Di-Noc vinyl dash trim
Nitto Neo-Gen 225/40 tires
5000k HID Headlights (GP Thunder Ballasts, Race Sport Bulbs)
Varrstoen ES221 18"x9.5" +30 Wheels
Tein S-Tech Springs
Hifonics Brutus BXi 606 Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Punch HE 10" Subwoofer
Blue Spline Drive Lug Nuts
Stickerbomb Eyebrow on Front Windshield
Evo X License Plate Mount
Debadged Rear End
Fiberglass Eyelids painted Gunmetal Metallic
Blacked out front bumper and grill.

I know it needs more low. I'm saving up for D2 Racing coilovers. Only $850 shipped There will be more to come, just will take awhile.

Re: My 2011 Lancer GTS
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:09 PM
i like it. i have a question about the bandage sticker though, what is the meaning of them? i have been seeing them around lately and want to know what they mean. anyways, very clean car. and i like the wheels

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:20 PM
It's functional.... there's a dent under it

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:25 AM
Car looks great man

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:57 AM
very nice , hopefully i can meet you and check it out in person at ccm this saturday

Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:11 AM
i did something to it... not sure if I like it yet lol.

What u guys think?

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:03 PM
I hate it to be honest.

But if you pulled the stickers off and put the right sized tires on it and I'd love it. The lancer is on my list of cavalier replacements, The wheels themselves look great as do the eyelids. I never liked the average 'stanced' car. the cars seem busy to me when they are not done right. is a few nice ones but, they are getting fewer and further between.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:14 PM
I can't fit the 9.5's on a Lancer without running a 225/40. I had 235's on the rear as the wheels I got used, and it rubbed bad. This is even with a 30 offset.

If it was an Evo, I could tuck 10.5's with meaty tires. The widebody makes it easier.

Thanks though

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:45 PM
The wheels are a good fit. The car just needs to be lower with a touch of camber to make them work right. Simple as that.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:40 PM
Car looks fine.However I would remove the band aid and graphics on the mirrors.To me this just seems out of place for the look the car has and not being critical.It is your car and if you like that so be it.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:02 PM
I would love to remove the Band-Aid. One day I will, when I can get the rear bumper fixed and the dent in the 1/4 panel out. Surprisingly enough, you can't see the dent with the band-aid there.

I'm still on the fence w/ the stickerbomb fad. lol.

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:50 AM
I say keep the mirror covers factory silver or plasti dip them flat black like the middle section of your front bumper! Really like your ride though man! Good luck with it!

Monday, April 08, 2013 11:59 AM
I'm in love with colored wheels....

Weekend Project.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:55 PM

I need more low...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:15 PM
Love that color blue for some reason.

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:28 AM
Love the wheel color change. They "pop" so much more now!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:29 AM
Doing little changes, they help a lot.

Color matched grill emblem.

Color matched strut bar, and spark plug cover.

And me being bored w/ stickerbomb wrap I have...

Tonight, the roof will be wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. We'll see how it turns out.

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:51 AM
Dirty daytime teaser pic of the roof done! It rained last night

Friday, May 10, 2013 7:02 AM
I hate rain too. Looks good, I like the wheel color and the crazy sticker bomb wrap... Are you gonna be doing anything to the motor to get some moar power?

Friday, May 10, 2013 7:06 AM
Luke C wrote:I hate rain too. Looks good, I like the wheel color and the crazy sticker bomb wrap... Are you gonna be doing anything to the motor to get some moar power?

There's not much I can do due to the CVT transmission. I didn't realize how weak it was before I bought it. Just a few bolt ones will be coming, Takada intake, exhaust, header, and probably a tune just to get the most power N/A out of it.

If she was a manual, I'd do an Evo X turbo build

Friday, May 10, 2013 8:40 AM
Forgot about that...I read a lot of people having trouble with that in their evos....still though with those upgrades it'll make for a fun cruiser

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:30 PM
I really love the way she looks right now...

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:48 PM
looking good
how u get the paint to look so good in the wheels??

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:54 PM
Looks great. I think it would look better with CF mirrors rather than the sticker bomb, but I am totally hating on the sticker bombing either though. To each their own!

Friday, May 10, 2013 10:53 PM
I'm really thing about buying the CF Rexpeed mirror covers they make for the Evo. It would look so much better then Vinyl. Just expensive!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search