New Auto Index Redefines American Made Cars - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Auto Index Redefines American Made Cars
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:37 AM

Re: New Auto Index Redefines American Made Cars
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:33 AM
I see where this DuBois is coming from but I am not in 100% agreement with a few things, of course. For example, I could see using this scoring system to score what is the most American COMPANIES in the automotive industry. I don't know if I agree that the country where the headquarters of the car being scored should have such a large impact on the score of a car particularly. As an example specific to my meaning, Toyota is not an American Company, and even though I don't think the Toyota Camry is an American car, but since there is no cars that are made 100% with American parts, it is the MOST American car by content within.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:21 AM
I looked at that site for all of 1 mins and already found a ton of errors.

One being the V8 for the Camaro and Corvette are built in Canada, not the US as listed.

Another, some models built in Canada are listed properly, some model's are being listed as being built in the states.

Pretty bad considering the guy who put the list together is a university professor.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 6:59 AM
newt wrote:I looked at that site for all of 1 mins and already found a ton of errors.

One being the V8 for the Camaro and Corvette are built in Canada, not the US as listed.

Another, some models built in Canada are listed properly, some model's are being listed as being built in the states.

Not Surprising considering the guy who put the list together is a university professor.

they list chrysler as an american company, that is just too funny.

The problems with this list are many, it looks like he tried to use a SPSS data sheet and assigned arbitrary values to each of the different components.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search