New Daily Driver '07 WRX - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Daily Driver '07 WRX
Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:33 AM
Hello gents,

Some of you may know that I used to own a 2000 Yukon as my daily driver. Well after some consideration it no longer was worth the gas bill for the amount I used it as a proper truck.

So I went looking for a new car, always wanted a Subaru, luckily I found a good deal on one that was local to me, so I grabbed it.

It already has a ton of STi goodies and a few other mods, coilovers, sway bars, full exhaust, intake, etc. Makes 297awhp and 338awtq.

I couldn't be happier with it, probably going to take it lapping in the spring as I've always wanted to try that out.

Re: New Daily Driver '07 WRX
Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:52 AM
very nice dave!

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:21 AM
Thanks dude!

I'm getting nearly 25mpg just driving around the city too if I'm nice to it. So much better than the 11-12mpg I was getting in my truck...lol

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:48 AM
Looks awesome man! I've been really thinking about something similar. 25mpg mostly city is great for awd, not to mention the 300hp!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:06 AM
Photo dump.

Winter fun times..

Also, for a little build thread....

I ripped off that lip in the first pictures after like the 3rd snow storm...so I have picked up a new one in a different style....no pictures yet but I'll try to get some.

Also I was in need of some summer wheels and tires since the car came with only winter tires on the BBS', so I grabbed these for a good price with basically brand new tires.

I'm trying to ride the line between the "stance" look and have the car still be functional for the road course, the tires are 255/35-18 so they are not stretched on the 9" rim, it will take a bit to get them to fit...but hopefully I can stay within a track friendly camber spec and limit the amount of fender pulling I'll need to do.

And I am 99% sure they are going this colour, my BBS' are done in Dormant Red, these are Dormant Granny Smith....

Note: Photo is for colour reference only, these are not Rota G-force wheels.

I wanted to go Gloss Black but the powder coated coaxed me into the green, he said if I hate them he will redo them in black for free.....he really REALLY wanted to shoot something in that green...lol

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:16 AM
I'm so jealous of this car. Looks great

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:27 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:I'm so jealous of this car. Looks great

X2

Those new wheels/tires are wide, can't wait to see spring pictures...

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:03 PM
And so begins the transition from Jbody to Subaru territory. Next thread will be the part of out of the Sunfire to fund the WRX . Sunfire goes to DD status and Subaru turns project car.

Haha, just kidding. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:15 PM
Haha don't worry man, if the sunfire ever goes anywhere it will be replaced for another project car. The Subaru is a great daily, so I don't wanna @!#$ with that.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:54 PM
Hell yeah...id take a subi over the truck too.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:45 PM
Nice ride and assume it does pretty solid in the snow?Still the mpg over the truck is a plus.I myself traded my bought new 11 civic lxs for a 14 Toyota Tacoma access cab 4whl with a manual 5spd!My old daily 87 mazda cabplus sits tight and slowly restoring areas on it.The civ was nice just auto boring and missed the truck side and a step up for me.Like the sub and the upgrades look nice once complete.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:52 AM
Thanks guys!

Ron - The Subi pretty much goes anywhere I want it to, its lowered on coils but it does have snow tires. It took a while to get used to over my truck, it was super planted in the snow, the Subi is a bit more twitchy....but has even better traction do to its much lighter weight. I think the twitchy-ness is due to the 225 series snow tires under it, if I went with a 205 or something it would probably feel a lot more planted.

Oh well, its a great car, as those photos show you can push snow with the front bumper and it just keeps on going.

Saturday, March 01, 2014 7:46 PM
I like your powdercoater's style, LOL. Also love hawkeyes, congrats!

Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:52 AM
Awesome! Even though that's not my favorite year I love subarus. My first car was going to be an outback but now I'll get either a wrx wagon or the outback next. You'll have fun with that this winter for sure though

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Monday, March 03, 2014 5:38 PM
Love it newt and love the color choice of the new rims.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:04 PM
Thanks guys! Hopefully get the wheels back this week or early next week from the powder coaters and I get the tires back on and do a test fit on the car.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:38 AM
Nice subbie partner , congrats . I have also been thinking of getting something that is awd or at least rwd but you made a good choice.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:22 AM
Well turns out one of my Rota's were cracked....but my buddy fixed it up with his TIG welder for me

Should be back from powder this week

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:03 AM
I'm gonna like the green better then the red. I think...

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:08 AM
Hopefully it will turn out good, I find the red kinda bland...tho in the sunlight it really pops.

I don't have any pictures of the car with clean wheels in the sunlight however, it is winter after all...

Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:08 PM
Wheel teaser...

Friday, March 14, 2014 3:46 AM
Thats such a awesome color!
Friday, March 14, 2014 7:53 AM
Thanks man! I'm super pumped about how they turned out, picking them up tomorrow or Saturday.

Monday, March 17, 2014 8:55 AM
Got my wheels back, tires go on today.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:11 PM
Bumpity bump bump!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search